ANDY MURRAY RankingAndy Murray's highest ATP ranking is No. 2 set on August 17, 2009. You can see his latest ranking on the left of the screen which is kept up-to-date automatically via the ATP.
- #2 Ranking - After winning the Montreal Masters Series title (2009).
- #3 Ranking - After winning 3 titles at the start of the 2009 season.
- #4 Ranking - After reaching the finals of the US Open 2008.
- #6 Ranking - After winning the Cincinatti Masters Series title.
- #11 Ranking - Year end ranking of 2007.
- #12 Ranking - After reaching the semi-finals of Indian Wells Masters.
- #17 Ranking - Year end ranking of 2006.
- #63 Ranking - Year end ranking of 2005.
- #65 Ranking - After losing in the quarter finals in the Davidoff Swiss Indoors.
- #72 Ranking - After he reached his first ATP final, the Thailand Open.
- #112 Ranking - At the time of qualifying for the U.S. Open.
Interested in predictions of Murray's future ranking? Check out our discussion topic on it here.
Grand Slams more important than ranking for Murray,
For me winning Grand Slams is more important than being No 1. Players are judged on how many they win – that's how good their career is.
But if you are winning Grand Slams obviously you are pretty close to being No 1 anyway.
For me, I've always set goals for each year. First the top 100, then the top 20, then the top 10. Now it is a Grand Slam.
If I can do that in the next couple of years then I'll be going for the No 1 spot.
TransferSources: Sepp Blatter: "Many people hold me responsible. I can't monitor everyone all of the time." pic.twitter.com/Rf92FmxMdi
Nice to make it through to 3rd round in a tough match today @NickKyrgios up next on Saturday.. Could be fireworks!
Mate that whole question answer section is carnage and borderline disrepectful #clueless
Well done @kyle8edmund on winning first grand slam match and likely breaking top 100 for first time
thereaIbanksy: Not everyone will understand your journey. That's okay. You're here to live your life, not to make everyone understand.
AHMalcolm: For every retweet this gets, Pedigree will donate one bowl of dog food to dogs in need! #tweetforbowls pic.twitter.com/z4rmc2HsGT
Murray, Mauresmo, Joy, and the Terre Battue
3 / Best: 2