ANDY MURRAY RankingAndy Murray's highest ATP ranking is No. 2 set on August 17, 2009. You can see his latest ranking on the left of the screen which is kept up-to-date automatically via the ATP.
- #2 Ranking - After winning the Montreal Masters Series title (2009).
- #3 Ranking - After winning 3 titles at the start of the 2009 season.
- #4 Ranking - After reaching the finals of the US Open 2008.
- #6 Ranking - After winning the Cincinatti Masters Series title.
- #11 Ranking - Year end ranking of 2007.
- #12 Ranking - After reaching the semi-finals of Indian Wells Masters.
- #17 Ranking - Year end ranking of 2006.
- #63 Ranking - Year end ranking of 2005.
- #65 Ranking - After losing in the quarter finals in the Davidoff Swiss Indoors.
- #72 Ranking - After he reached his first ATP final, the Thailand Open.
- #112 Ranking - At the time of qualifying for the U.S. Open.
Interested in predictions of Murray's future ranking? Check out our discussion topic on it here.
Grand Slams more important than ranking for Murray,
For me winning Grand Slams is more important than being No 1. Players are judged on how many they win – that's how good their career is.
But if you are winning Grand Slams obviously you are pretty close to being No 1 anyway.
For me, I've always set goals for each year. First the top 100, then the top 20, then the top 10. Now it is a Grand Slam.
If I can do that in the next couple of years then I'll be going for the No 1 spot.
Good luck to @SpecialKBrook tonight in first fight back since horrific leg injury..got the fight on showtime in miami!
GuillermoGLopez: Victoria ayer en #miami y hoy buen entrenamiento cn el #gentleman @andy_murray
.@toddwoodbridge covered on the dance floor... At least that's what he's been telling me
.@toddwoodbridge not sure you could have sat on the fence there anymore if you had tried! Your mate @BjorkmanTennis is happy he has got you
RedliningMyGame: @Evo151216 … Welcome back! Time to bring ourselves back to this place Dan! #backthebrits #thats #backtherealbrits
Love that @MariaSharapova has added the drop shot to her game and hitting it well! #NeverStopLearning
Most asked question by tennis commentators this year... Which of the 3 young aussies has the most upside?
Can Murray claim a tenth Masters title in Miami?
4 / Best: 2