Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Are you interested in Jamie's progress? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Are you interested in Jamie's progress?
Yes, definetly. - 31 (64.6%)
A bit, not much. - 15 (31.3%)
No, I don't care. - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Are you interested in Jamie's progress?

(Read 7338 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 08:12 PM »

I'm not a doubles fan, so really know nothing about Jamie.  But I heard he is on the hunt once more for another partner - I'm wondering how many partners he has had in the past 12-24 months?
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 09:24 PM »

Only Butorac and Mirnyi as long term partners, although he progressed through the Challengers along with Colin Fleming back in 2006.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 09:27 PM »

Doubles matches are fun and we get to see hardly any of them from any channel. I am very interested in how Jamie is progressing and wish there was more news of him. I also wish he could find a good and permanent partner because he is a fine doubles player. He's a great guy,plenty of personality and I hope he does well.
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #33 on: September 21, 2008, 10:26 PM »

Jamie was....by far...the weakest of the 4 doubles players on show yesterday. I watched his US final with Huber and he was pish there too.....couldn't volley for toffee. He is definitely going through a bad patch mentally. Think he must have fallen out with Andy big time....... imagine leaving New York BEFORE Andy's final.  confused
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #34 on: September 21, 2008, 11:09 PM »

Jamie was....by far...the weakest of the 4 doubles players on show yesterday. I watched his US final with Huber and he was pish there too.....couldn't volley for toffee. He is definitely going through a bad patch mentally. Think he must have fallen out with Andy big time....... imagine leaving New York BEFORE Andy's final.  confused

Do you think winning Wimbledon gone to his head?  He doesn't seem to have done very well since.  I have been disappointed in his performances lately too.  I don't think he and Andy will make a good doubles team.  They just don't seem to gel.  Apart from the Bryan brothers who are twins - and twins always have a special bond - very hard for siblings to play together.  Me and my sister would have been useless teaming up.... we'd have killed each other!
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #35 on: September 21, 2008, 11:16 PM »

I think he's just had a dissapointing time not being able to make it right with Max... it must be pretty hard on them both for that not to have worked out - they're both talented players. He just needs to find a player that he can make a great team with.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #36 on: September 21, 2008, 11:20 PM »

I think he's just had a dissapointing time not being able to make it right with Max... it must be pretty hard on them both for that not to have worked out - they're both talented players. He just needs to find a player that he can make a great team with.

I hope so.  I'd like to see him do well too.
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #37 on: September 22, 2008, 12:33 AM »

Hes done better in the doubles than most or all british players of recent times just to put his dip into perspective.

I think he is struggling with being in his brother's shadow. Surely thats one of the toughest things to deal with mentally? Especially since hes the older brother!

Its something he just has to work out.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #38 on: September 22, 2008, 01:46 AM »

This thread seems as good a place as any to ask the question: "Is Jamie a World Class tennis player?"  After his recent performances, and bearing in mind his successes have been while playing with high ranked players, is it fair to say that he doesn't really cut the mustard?

Genuine question by the way - I haven't watched him play that much and would be interested to know what folks think rather than being slagged by his fans...

Well, his playing with higher ranked partners is irrelevant. Jankovic is not a doubles player and had pretty much never played doubles on tour until Wimbledon 07. She in no way carried them to that title. As for Liezel Huber, she is the weaker of her women's doubles pairing. Cara Black is much the better player, which is why she has won multiple mixed GS titles and Liezel has won 0. Don't let the numbers fool you. Jamie carried Liezel in last year's US Open and she let them down badly in the semis, after they had been a set up.

Jamie is simply going through a bad patch just now.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #39 on: September 22, 2008, 01:47 AM »

I really do go back and forth on Jamie sometimes. His attitude really sucks on occasion. You can tell how proud Andy is about Jamie's success, yet Jamie doesn't stick around for his brother's first GS final? That's pretty cold.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #40 on: September 21, 2008, 10:33 PM »

You can tell Jamie is the immature brother who gets himself into trouble all the time.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #41 on: September 22, 2008, 01:31 PM »

I think Jamie's really struggling mentally at the moment. Plus he seems to have swiched to the Deuce court, which makes no sense for a lefty. I think that may really have thrown him off. When he played doubles with Tim and greg last year he was brilliant. Some of his net play was fabulous. It's strange but i've seen him play a good 4 or 5 times and Saturday was by far the worst he's ever been. He's much better than the bloke that showed up on Saturday and he needs to make a change somewhere to get back to where he was.
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #42 on: September 22, 2008, 05:09 PM »

Are you interested in Jamie's progress?
No, I don't care.
A bit, not much.
No, I don't care.

Those are my poll options... I do care?

IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #43 on: September 22, 2008, 05:32 PM »

I really do go back and forth on Jamie sometimes. His attitude really sucks on occasion. You can tell how proud Andy is about Jamie's success, yet Jamie doesn't stick around for his brother's first GS final? That's pretty cold.

All youve ever done is played tennis. All youve ever dreamed of is winning a (singles) Grand Slam final. Then, as its becoming more and more apparent that you are a journeyman doubles player, not even a journeyman singles player, somehow your kid brother has the ability to achieve what you can only continue to dream about.

I dunno but I think its harder than it seems to spend your whole life playing cheerleader to your own brother. Would be a whole lot easier if Jamie was a plumber or w/e.

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #44 on: September 22, 2008, 06:22 PM »

All youve ever done is played tennis. All youve ever dreamed of is winning a (singles) Grand Slam final. Then, as its becoming more and more apparent that you are a journeyman doubles player, not even a journeyman singles player, somehow your kid brother has the ability to achieve what you can only continue to dream about.

I dunno but I think its harder than it seems to spend your whole life playing cheerleader to your own brother. Would be a whole lot easier if Jamie was a plumber or w/e.

Yeah, I'm sure he'd trade jobs in a heart beat.

While it must suck to live in your brother's shadow, Jamie should count himself lucky. There are few doubles players who enjoy the attention and success he does. He is often portrayed as the "nice" Murray because he doesn't shout on court or display Andy's passion. I find him far less appealing than his younger brother, though.

Despite how he is portrayed, I think he has a bit of a nasty streak. He text Andy and called him a disgrace to his country for thinking about pulling out of a dead Davis Cup rubber. He also insulted Andy through the media without knowing the details of his withdrawal from the Argentina tie. He seemed more irritated that Andy didn't tell him personally. Could you imagine Andy using the press to slate Jamie? While Andy was crying when Jamie won Wimbledon (during radio interview), Jamie didn't even stay to watch Andy's match.

As time goes on, the less appealing I find the lad to be.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »