Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Are you interested in Jamie's progress? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Are you interested in Jamie's progress?
Yes, definetly. - 31 (64.6%)
A bit, not much. - 15 (31.3%)
No, I don't care. - 2 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Are you interested in Jamie's progress?

(Read 7253 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008, 08:30 PM »

Wow! It now makes more sense to me what Andy says that the LTA wrecked him.

Yeah. It was also one of the main reasons he went to Spain instead.

Despite the criticism, Andy's book is pretty good. Critics kept picking out the part where he talked about bananas and pointing to it as though he was running out of things to talk about. It was purely a tongue in cheek comment that the media have again spun into a negative.

There's some good stuff in there, surprisingly. Tim Henman, Mark Petchey (think Jamie and Judy, too) all have sections that they wrote in the book. It's one of those things that people judged the moment it was announced, rather than reading it.
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 08:33 PM »

You honestly thought it was interesting?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #62 on: September 22, 2008, 08:38 PM »

You honestly thought it was interesting?

Genuinely did. Particularly liked Petchey's chapter. Found his obvious fondness for Andy quite touching, all things considered.

I'm assuming you hated it?
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008, 08:39 PM »

Genuinely did. Particularly liked Petchey's chapter. Found his obvious fondness for Andy quite touching, all things considered.

I'm assuming you hated it?

Really badly. Boring, and really repetitive. I think someone said here at the time of the release, just felt like a defensive rant.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008, 08:45 PM »

Really badly. Boring, and really repetitive. I think someone said here at the time of the release, just felt like a defensive rant.

Yeah, a lot of it did. I completely understand that, though. I can relate, since I hate being misunderstood and hate when I can't correct people when they do get the wrong picture.

If someone had painted me as a miserable, anti-English male chauvinist, I'd release a book to set the record straight too. And I mean that. Bugs the hell out of me when the media makes stuff up. And that's when they do it to someone else. Can't imagine how I'd react if they did it to me.
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #65 on: September 22, 2008, 08:49 PM »

Just made him come across, a bit paranoid and with low-self esteem. Which I don't think he has, I can understand his reasoning for releasing the book, but would have prefered it in 10 years time, with the best bits in.
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #66 on: September 22, 2008, 08:59 PM »

I think low self-esteem is something he does/did kind of have.

Certainly is a classic reason for what Clydey is describing. (Feeling the need to be defensive due to anxiety of not being accepted for who you are, yadda yadda - people hate psychobabble so im sure this will be panned).

For example he referred to Tennis as 'the only thing he's actually good at' during the davis cup. Joke or not, its the kind of comment that asks for a little reassurance. Everyone has a little of that in them anyway.

I do think Andy has come to terms with his limitations and some of his mistakes. He openly admits he used to be lazy, a bit arrogant, a little self destructive and he's become a much more rounded, mature person for it. A fairly classic, if more public, transition from teenager to man.

Anyway, im babbling.

I think Jamie, despite being older, has yet to come to terms with himself and his lot in life (just to tie in with my running point)

IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #67 on: September 23, 2008, 11:26 AM »

Good posting!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #68 on: September 23, 2008, 11:29 AM »

Yeah, a lot of it did. I completely understand that, though. I can relate, since I hate being misunderstood and hate when I can't correct people when they do get the wrong picture.

If someone had painted me as a miserable, anti-English male chauvinist, I'd release a book to set the record straight too. And I mean that. Bugs the hell out of me when the media makes stuff up. And that's when they do it to someone else. Can't imagine how I'd react if they did it to me.
Even though the people who have got you wrong are the exact people who will never buy your book?

Sorry but I think Murray releasing a book to have a rant makes no sense as it won't get read by the ignorant people who like to hate him. If you want to have a rant then do it in a press conference where your comments will publicised in the media.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #69 on: September 23, 2008, 03:42 PM »

I'm reading the book myself now and have to say it's a good read. Even if the ignorant haters don't read it, at least he can say that his side of the story is out there. If they want to continue to spout the same tired old rubbish about the Paraguay shirt and him being anti-English, Andy is just making them look more stupid by making the facts available to them.

There's some interesting stuff in there about his rise through the juniors and the bit written by Judy about Dunblane is very moving. I enjoy reading his thoughts on other players and the off-court stuff that goes on (what sort of reasons do players have for not liking each other? In the book, he says he and Soderling don't get on, but doesn't say why).

All in all, it's good stuff and under-rated in my view.

Edit: by the way Mark, why make comments in a press conference and expect the media to portray them in their correct context, especially if the comments are against them. The book clearly shows that the media are willing to twist anything to make a story.
[ Last edit by Joe September 23, 2008, 03:45 PM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #70 on: September 23, 2008, 03:46 PM »

There were a couple of incidents between him and Soderling in a couple of QF's in San Jose and Memphis in 06. But I don't know if they were a result of the fact they don't like each other or the reason they don't like each other.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #71 on: September 23, 2008, 04:09 PM »

Even though the people who have got you wrong are the exact people who will never buy your book?

Sorry but I think Murray releasing a book to have a rant makes no sense as it won't get read by the ignorant people who like to hate him. If you want to have a rant then do it in a press conference where your comments will publicised in the media.

It's not for them. It's for the people who bought into the bull****, not the people who wrote it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #72 on: September 23, 2008, 04:16 PM »

That's what I'm saying... the people who believe the bulls**t are not fans and therefore would never buy your book.
[ Last edit by Mark September 23, 2008, 04:42 PM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #73 on: September 23, 2008, 04:43 PM »

That's what I'm saying... the people who believe into the bulls**t are not fans and therefore would never buy your book.

I don't think only fans will buy it. Besides, the point is that it's out there. Journalists have no excuse now. They can't plead ignorance.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Are you interested in Jamie's progress? « Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008, 04:55 PM »

Sure only fans will buy it apart from those who do it for the benefit of their education or their profession.

Journalists have no excuse now. They can't plead ignorance.
You're very optimistic lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »