Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Ivan Lendl can be Andy Murray's inspiration 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Ivan Lendl can be Andy Murray's inspiration

(Read 571 times)
sickboy1888
Junior

Ivan Lendl can be Andy Murray's inspiration « on: January 31, 2010, 05:29 PM »

A lot has been made of the fact that by losing 2 Slam finals it becomes more and more difficult to win your first major.Well the inspiration for Andy must be Ivan Lendl who lost 4 Slam finals before finally winning one.

In the Slam he won he won he was 2 sets down in the French Open and came back to win 3-2 against McEnroe.He also was 24 and he also went on to win 8 GS overall.

So time is still well on Andy's side.I still think he can win 4-5 Slams in his career if he keeps up his level of preference for the nex 5 years.

I also expect Fed level to drop off in the next 2 years.
IP Logged
whisper22

Re: Ivan Lendl can be Andy Murray's inspiration « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 05:54 PM »

Couldn't agree more! Andy is much the same physical type as Lendl & says himself that he has a couple of years to go before he peaks. I suspect a lot of members of this forum won't have seen Lendl play or be aware of his achievements. I was thinking of that French Open match in the 3rd set today - but it was not to be!  Congratulations to Andy for reaching the final. I still have faith!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Ivan Lendl can be Andy Murray's inspiration « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 05:58 PM »

He just needs to keep plugging away and honing the technical aspects of his game, as Becker suggested after the match on the Beeb today - taking on short balls, going for the winners and pinning the opponent into the corner. He's the second best player in the world these days (Djokovic can piss off out of that no. 2 spot, the fraud) and will break through soon. He's already stepped up a lot in these past two weeks compared to the end of last season. Looking forward to the clay actually, will be interesting to see how he does this time after the strides he made on the surface last year.
IP Logged
mfshava

Re: Ivan Lendl can be Andy Murray's inspiration « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 09:02 PM »

Go Andy, you are such a great lad, think positive - many slams coming your way soon.
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Ivan Lendl can be Andy Murray's inspiration « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 09:53 PM »

(Djokovic can piss off out of that no. 2 spot, the fraud)

Yep. His time at the top is done imo, if he wins another slam I will laugh. He's got 0 mental strength. Murray wouldn't have capitulated against Tsonga haha.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »