Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Jamie given wildcard to Queens! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Jamie given wildcard to Queens!

(Read 2898 times)
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Jamie given wildcard to Queens! « Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 10:14 PM »

He's not got one of the Wimbledon wildcards so far. So I don't think he'll get one. lol
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Jamie given wildcard to Queens! « Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 08:30 AM »

Id like to see Jamie play play one of the brits mentioned before making such judgements. Im sure he could have had a singles career at a similar level to those guys. He struggled with th unfamiliarity more than anything it seems.

Top singles players can walk into doubles tournaments so i reckon a country's top doubles player who won a grandslam on grass should occasionally be allowed a WC for a qualifying tournament. The other brits have done not much more than he has to earn it to be honest.  

No, I saw every match involving the other Brits and it was clear Jamie wasn't in their league.  Of course the others have don more than him to earn it.
Slabba - improved the most out of all the Brits, clear jump from Futures to Challengers
Ward - numerous quarters and semis this year
Bloomers - past performances on grass (winning at Wimbledon, pushing top players close)

And of course all those who should have got one ahead of him (Marray and Skupski being the leading two) have done more than Jamie could ever hope to accomplish in singles.

The difference is that top singles players can compete in doubles whilst top doubles players can't compete at singles.  If any of the top doubles players were any good at singles they would be playing it on a regular basis anyway.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »