Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Jamie: General News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Jamie: General News

(Read 34381 times)
Philip
Seed

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #540 on: October 05, 2012, 11:40 PM »

Not necessarily. Jamie is still ranked top 100 in the Doubles. If he enjoys playing, then why not carry on playing. So what if he doesn't win often.

The worse thing that can happen is that he can't make ends meet and Andy can help pay for the travelling, expenses, etc... Andy is much more than rich enough to help out Jamie. That one single USO win will be enough to last them both for years before counting the £20 million+ endorsements per year that come from being a GS champion lol

Personally, I think Jamie will do alright, staying around the top 50 level. He needs a little topping up in the points by playing and winning with Andy once in a while. If he gets a little down, a few training sessions with Andy and his team will quickly raise his level and fitness !
[ Last edit by Philip October 05, 2012, 11:45 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #541 on: October 06, 2012, 12:06 AM »

Good points Philip.  It seems like Jamie doesn't have his brother's "I must win" streak, so if he's happy to go on playing tennis at the level he is, then that's his choice.  I'd like to see him have a regular partner though, although Andy playing doubles with him occasionally does seem to sharpen him up for tournaments - and also he enjoys it - but perhaps not towards the end of the season.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #542 on: October 06, 2012, 09:51 AM »

yes we shouldn't discount playing for the sheer enjoyment and it seems Andy too finds dubs more enjoyable because less stressful.  But while I think it's good for Andy to play dubs sometimes to sharpen up those brilliant volleying skills and make him more confident using them, I agree it's not a good idea at end of season when he's tired and he shouldn't feel a moral obligation to partner Jamie.  That said he clearly enjoys playing with his brother.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #543 on: February 09, 2013, 05:06 PM »

Jamie and John Peers just starting their SF in Montpelier v Gicguel & Llodra. Leading 2 -1 with three breaks of serve so far!

Winner plays Brunstrom & Klaasen who beat Colin and Jonny Marray in a close match yesterday 6/7(7) 7/6(3) 12-10.

(Colin & Jonny playing in Rotterdam next)

Edit : Gicquel & Llodra won 76(9) 36 10-6. Oh well... wonder who Jamie will play with next
[ Last edit by Elena February 09, 2013, 07:15 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #544 on: February 10, 2013, 02:04 PM »

Jamie & John Peers playing San Jose this week.
Up against 4th seeds Malisse & Moser
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #545 on: April 12, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Jamie and Peers into semi finals on clay in Houston.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #546 on: April 13, 2013, 10:04 AM »

And now into the finals!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #547 on: April 13, 2013, 03:08 PM »

Jamie's first final since Montpellier 2012, I think I read.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #548 on: April 13, 2013, 03:16 PM »

judy murray ‏@judmoo  4h 
"@BritishTennis: Jamie Murray & John Peers 63 76 win v Almagro & Ramirez Hildago sets up a final in ATP Houston v the Bryan bros". Yay Smile

goodjob.. altho' those BB's are no pushover.
Great to hear good stuff about Jamie.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #549 on: April 13, 2013, 03:23 PM »

Good luck Jamie
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #550 on: April 14, 2013, 12:55 AM »

Final's taking place right now. Lost first set 1-6, 4-3 up with serve in the 2nd.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #551 on: April 14, 2013, 12:58 AM »

I'm watching it. Seems very even in the second set. Hope they can at least win this set and then go on to win the super TB.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #552 on: April 14, 2013, 01:00 AM »

Murray is playing well, Peers is producing the errors.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #553 on: April 14, 2013, 01:09 AM »

Danger moment as they had 2 bp's against them on Peers serve. Both saved and its now 6-5.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Jamie: General news and internet articles « Reply #554 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14 AM »

Stream svp ??
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »