Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Jamie: General News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Jamie: General News  (Read 32021 times)
Connor
World No 1

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #630 on: September 29, 2013, 10:46 AM »

Given when they were young Jamie was the better tennis player I believe, and they were fiercely competitive as boys, not too mention that Mr M has eclipsed Jamie's not inconsiderable achievememts, then a measure of jellousy and sour grapes wouldn't be totally surprising. It is to Jamie's credit that there has never been any sign of it.

Jamie's humble, bitterness is not an option for him. But if he did have a certain resentment for Andy's many achievements to his own and as you say, him being the better player in their childhood. Surely he would show that out on the court to possibly motivate him to win titles.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #631 on: September 29, 2013, 10:53 AM »

Jamie's humble, bitterness is not an option for him. But if he did have a certain resentment for Andy's many achievements to his own and as you say, him being the better player in their childhood. Surely he would show that out on the court to possibly motivate him to win titles.

I am not quite sure what you are getting at here.

The key point of my original post on this subject is that I am delighted that he and John Peers won. Jamie M has been through some rough times with his tennis. I am however fed up that he has just won a trophy , and non of the news sites or BBC have bothered to mention it.

Let's not also forget that Mr M was not the only Murray to have been through the Dunblane Massacre. It came over very strongly in the BBC documentary about Mr M, that Jamie is probably been more screwed up by it than Mr M. He deserves a lot more credit than he seems to get in my opinion.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #632 on: September 29, 2013, 10:56 AM »

I am not quite sure what you are getting at here.

The key point of my original post on this subject is that I am delighted that he and John Peers won. Jamie M has been through some rough times with his tennis. I am however fed up that he has just won a trophy , and non of the news sites or BBC have bothered to mention it.

Let's not also forget that Mr M was not the only Murray to have been through the Dunblane Massacre. It came over very strongly in the BBC documentary about Mr M, that Jamie is probably been more screwed up by it than Mr M. He deserves a lot more credit than he seems to get in my opinion.

The key point of my post was that if you expect jealousy from Jamie, I doubt he would show it. He would use it to his own advantage more and allow it to motivate him to win titles.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #633 on: September 29, 2013, 11:29 AM »

I don't think for a minute they are jealous of each other, they are both supportive of each other and pleased for each other's successes and share their disappointments.

Don't think Sky was due to show any tennis till the Shanghai masters
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #634 on: September 29, 2013, 01:07 PM »

Very pleased about John & Jamie's win this morning. Should take them to no 13 in the team rankings I think

They're playing Tokyo next, against home team Ito & Soeda 1st round, probably Bryans if they get through to 2nd
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #635 on: September 29, 2013, 01:12 PM »

And andy just tweeted his congrats.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #636 on: September 29, 2013, 01:39 PM »

Well done Boy's . Why do some folk try to make something out of nothing.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #637 on: September 29, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Don't think Sky was due to show any tennis till the Shanghai masters

My mistook- they are showing the end of Tokyo and Beijing next weekend - then Shanghai.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #638 on: September 29, 2013, 02:48 PM »

Really pleased for Jamie and John! Smile
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #639 on: September 29, 2013, 03:21 PM »

It's on there now.  You have to be realistic, doubles never gets as much attention as singles, and this was a small tournament with no tv coverage, so you can't expect the British tennis writers to get up early on a Sunday morning, hoping for a win, just so they could write a match report based on following Live Scores.

If it is any consolation, now people are moaning that the British press and pundits are only mentioning Jamie's name in the headline, not John's! doh
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #640 on: September 29, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Congratulations, lads! clap
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #641 on: September 29, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Well done lads! 

They've just won 6-3 3-6 10-6

I'm so pleased that this partnership is working out so well for Jamie and John.  It makes all the difference.
Congrats to them from me too. yay

I really do hope that they will stay together as a pairing.  Jamie's problem has always been that he never seems to be satisfied with the same partner for long, starting with Eric Butorac, even though they were doing well together, and I know he's since said that he's always regretted that split.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #642 on: September 29, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Jamie Murray News ‏@jmurraynews
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #643 on: September 29, 2013, 06:16 PM »

Aww - that's lovely to see!

I'm sure their win will be a big boost for Andy, given how much they mean to each other.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #644 on: September 29, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Jamie Murray News ‏@jmurraynews

Well chuffed for Jamie and John  yay

Jamie's a lovely guy........wonder if he can sort it for me to meet his wee bro  Think  Very Happy
[ Last edit by angiebabez September 29, 2013, 06:20 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »