Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Jamie: General News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Jamie: General News

(Read 33721 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #660 on: October 05, 2013, 09:31 AM »

Jamie Murray and John Peers are through to the Tokyo final beating Julian Knowle and Jurgen Melzer, 6-3 6-4. Will play Edourd Roger-Vasselin and Rohan Bopanna for the title and one step closer to making the qualification cut at London.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #661 on: October 05, 2013, 09:35 AM »

Excellent result - well done the Js! yay yay yay
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #662 on: October 05, 2013, 09:41 AM »

If they win tomorrow they will move up to 10th in the race with 2105 points. The 8th team Verdasco/Marrero in the race have 2500 points. Jamie and John would have to reach at least the SF of Shanghai to move up to 8th within one week. But, Jamie/John and Verdasco/Marrero are both in the same section of the draw so if they meet, its vital Jamie and John win.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #663 on: October 05, 2013, 10:36 AM »

Great news.  I kept checking for the score yesterday, finally twigging that their semi-final was today! lol

It would be amazing if they could make the Tour Finals, but I fear they may just be finding their form a little too late, and have suffered from not being in all of the top tournaments.

They've got a great chance of making it there as alternates, or to be there for hitting practice. 
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #664 on: October 05, 2013, 10:46 AM »

Great news.  I kept checking for the score yesterday, finally twigging that their semi-final was today! lol

It would be amazing if they could make the Tour Finals, but I fear they may just be finding their form a little too late, and have suffered from not being in all of the top tournaments.

They've got a great chance of making it there as alternates, or to be there for hitting practice. 

Don't forget Sparkle that they still have events like Shanghai, Valencia, Basel etc. left. Both Basel and Valencia are 500's I believe and now that the team is Top 10, they may well be seeded.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #665 on: October 05, 2013, 11:00 AM »

Jamie Murray/John Peers projected schedule from Shanghai to end of year:

Shanghai Rolex Masters, 1000
Erste Bank Open (Vienna), 250
Paris Masters, 1000
ATP World Tour Finals, if they qualify

The *** is the week of Valencia/Basel, it isn't confirmed yet if they will play either of those events.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #666 on: October 05, 2013, 12:25 PM »

It's great to see Jamie and John do so well. Smile
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #667 on: October 05, 2013, 12:39 PM »

Don't forget Sparkle that they still have events like Shanghai, Valencia, Basel etc. left. Both Basel and Valencia are 500's I believe and now that the team is Top 10, they may well be seeded.
True.   Automatic access and seeding would definitely help them to pick up points, but it would make for a very demanding end of the season to go deep in all of those.  I'm more musing on the fact that it would have made their task a lot easier if they'd had the ranking to gain entry and be seeded earlier in the year.

Whether they make the finals or not this year, they've had a great season, and should start next year in a strong position and to take advantage of their progress.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #668 on: October 05, 2013, 04:23 PM »

Brill!  cmon yeah

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #669 on: October 05, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Yup, brill!

If they win tomorrow they will move up to 10th in the race with 2105 points. The 8th team Verdasco/Marrero in the race have 2500 points. Jamie and John would have to reach at least the SF of Shanghai to move up to 8th within one week. But, Jamie/John and Verdasco/Marrero are both in the same section of the draw so if they meet, its vital Jamie and John win.

I think J & J would be 11th if they win tomorrow, otherwise 12th. Mirnyi & Tecau are in the Beijing final and will go up to 9th place with 2270 or 2470,  if I've done my sums correctly! I think also that Marrero & Verdasco will be 7th, just ahead of F & M

Really hope they get the win tomorrow, and keep in with a chance of the WTF. Not sure I'll be following at 4am, but who knows!

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #670 on: October 06, 2013, 01:16 AM »

Good luck Jamie & John! cmon yeah
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #671 on: October 06, 2013, 08:50 AM »

Sadly. J&J lost the final.  Let's hope they have a good run next week.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #672 on: October 06, 2013, 08:52 AM »

Alas they were beaten in the final 7:6, 6:4. Still a very good run. This partnership seems to be really gelling.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #673 on: October 06, 2013, 09:50 AM »

Shame, but they have definitely proven they can hang in there, and sometimes beat, the top doubles pairs. Smile
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #674 on: October 06, 2013, 11:09 AM »

It's a shame they couldn't win today but it's still been a great week for Jamie and John. Hope they can have a good run in Shanghai. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »