Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Jamie: General News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 Go Down Reply
Author

Jamie: General News

(Read 37140 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #750 on: October 25, 2013, 10:43 PM »

Brilliant boys!!!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #751 on: October 25, 2013, 11:28 PM »

Let's go Jamie let's go! ............all the way to London  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #752 on: October 26, 2013, 12:47 PM »

whom do they play next?  And how much more do they have to do now to qualify?  
It's so good that things are finally coming right for Jamie again and I'm sure that is some consolation to Andy who always cares so much how his big bro does.  And it would be some very small consolation to me if I could see Jamie at 02 now I won't see Andy.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #753 on: October 26, 2013, 12:48 PM »

whom do they play next?  And how much more do they have to do now to qualify? 
It's so good that things are finally coming right for Jamie again and I'm sure that is some consolation to Andy who always cares so much how his big bro does.

They play 2nd seeds Peya/Soares next, who beat Jamie/John in the QF's of the US Open.

Ideally, they need to win Valencia to take them up to 9th and then a SF/F appearance in Paris will seal the deal, maybe even a QF.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #754 on: October 26, 2013, 01:00 PM »

thanks gangsta - sounds like still a mini mountain to climb but I guess their confidence is growing with each win. 
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #755 on: October 26, 2013, 02:34 PM »

The Poles (Fyrstenberg & Matkowski - too much to type each time!) who are in 8th place are also doing well in Basel - they have to play Knowle & Marach today, winners play Huey & Inglot.

The draw for Paris is out. The Poles could meet the Bryans in round 2 - so we'd hope for a Bryans win! Teams in 5th and 9th place could also meet in Round 2

J & J face Gonzalez & Lipsky (12th in race), and if they win that would play Nestor & Paes in Round 2. So Paes & Stepanek will go to O2 not having played together since US Open, and maybe not in the top 8 - similar to Marray & Nielsen last year.

Jonny Marray is playing with Sisjling - so maybe Colin is back to training with Ross
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #756 on: October 26, 2013, 02:36 PM »

The Poles (Fyrstenberg & Matkowski - too much to type each time!) who are in 8th place are also doing well in Basel - they have to play Knowle & Marach today, winners play Huey & Inglot.

The draw for Paris is out. The Poles could meet the Bryans in round 2 - so we'd hope for a Bryans win! Teams in 5th and 9th place could also meet in Round 2

J & J face Gonzalez & Lipsky (12th in race), and if they win that would play Nestor & Paes in Round 2. So Paes & Stepanek will go to O2 not having played together since US Open, and maybe not in the top 8 - similar to Marray & Nielsen last year.

Jonny Marray is playing with Sisjling - so maybe Colin is back to training with Ross

Nestor has declined massively, as has Paes. Nothing to fear here for Jamie, particularly in this form.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #757 on: October 26, 2013, 03:03 PM »

Nestor has declined massively, as has Paes. Nothing to fear here for Jamie, particularly in this form.

Yep explains why Paes was part of the only team to beat the Bryans in a slam this year, as well as the fact that he won a slam...

Paes has not declined, he just plays best with ladenek
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #758 on: October 26, 2013, 03:09 PM »

I was just interested to see that Paes & Stepanek weren't playing together as a warm up. But perhaps Stepanek is saving himself for O2 , then Davis Cup.

I see Colin has tweeted he is out of Paris because of an elbow injury.

J & J have been quite lucky already with others in the race being knocked out early in the last few tournaments, as well as doing well themselves. I think that has to continue for them to be in with a chance of qualifying. It would be helpful if the Poles went out of Basel today!
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #759 on: October 26, 2013, 10:05 PM »

Poles gone in Basel.

J&J into a third set but Jamie seems to have a touch of nerves. A lot of double faults! Had a mini break but have lost it now.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #760 on: October 26, 2013, 10:07 PM »

Sorry it was a second set tie break and  sadly they lost it.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #761 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09 PM »

Oh dear - what a shame, particularly as they were twice a break up in the second.  They really need a good showing in Paris now.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #762 on: October 26, 2013, 11:48 PM »

Just got back and checked scores - good the Poles lost, pity J & J couldn't take advantage.

I'll take Steven @ Gbtennis's word for this

To get 8th place, Jamie & John need to reach the Paris Final with the Poles not making the SFs & Benneteau/Zimonjić not winning the title
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #763 on: October 27, 2013, 07:44 AM »

ah a shame.  To reach the final could be difficult though I suppose it is still feasible, especially if those who have already qualified treat Paris like the single players do.   Otherwise they might end up the first alternate I guess.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie: General News « Reply #764 on: October 27, 2013, 08:29 AM »

I think being alternates would be a brilliant achievement for them, and something we'd all have been very happy with at the beginning of the year.  It would be a shame to get so very close, but not quite into the final eight, but I'm trying not to think of it like that.

Jamie's said himself, that this time last year his career was floundering a bit, and he was struggling without a steady partner and everything that comes with that.  Now he's not just got a regular partner, they've worked their way up the rankings and are now getting into the big tournaments on merit.  They'll go into the next season in a very good place, regardless of what happens in the next couple of weeks. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »