Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Jamie to split from doubles partner 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Jamie to split from doubles partner

(Read 3017 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Jamie to split from doubles partner « on: August 01, 2007, 11:14 AM »

Just seen ticker-tape headline on beeb that Jamie to split from doubles partner Eric Butorac after US Open shocking

More news to follow................

Britain's Jamie Murray is to end his doubles partnership with American Eric Butorac after the US Open.

The pair are ranked 13th in the ATP doubles race, which covers performances in the calendar year.

"Booty and Stretch will be no more after the US Open. We will be heading our separate ways," said a statement on their website.

Murray and Butorac have won three titles so far this year in Memphis, Nottingham and San Jose.

The 21-year-old Scot also won the Wimbledon mixed doubles title with Jelena Jankovic and is part of the Great Britain Davis Cup team.

From beeb website.
[ Last edit by Bevc August 01, 2007, 11:17 AM ] IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:17 AM »

Neutral
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 11:17 AM »

Quote from: bootyandstretch.com
8/1 - Another loss for us this week against Moodie-Perry.  Also sorry to announce that Booty and Stretch will be no more after the US Open.  We will be heading our separate ways.  Thanks for all the support and hopefully we can make it work for one last tourney!

shocking shocking shocking Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 11:19 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6925726.stm
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 11:44 AM »

They've went off the boil since the start of the year. Shame to see them split though.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 12:07 PM »

I had a feeling actually. There was something about the way they talked after Wimbledon. I wonder if a great run at the US could change their minds?
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 12:09 PM »

Thats dissapointing! I wonder who Jamie will play with now?
IP Logged
Margaret Robb
Futures Level

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 12:16 PM »

What about James Auckland??.Might work out with another British player.good for Davis Cup.ound to be some-one.maybe Andy will play some doubles as well as singles.maybe Tim might concentrate more in doubles than singles in the future?It'll be interestingto watch,hope it works out well for both of them.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 12:32 PM »

Topic now in News. Thanks Bev!
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 01:02 PM »

Ah well, that's how these things go. It doesn't take away the amazing matches they played in the past. Better to end it now, than to continue for the worse.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 01:24 PM »

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Still sad though. But I agree James Aukland could be a good choice or another Brit. Though we're not exactly brimming with options, are we?
IP Logged
Jameselaprendi
Challenger Level

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 02:10 PM »

Jamie for Singles!  Whistle
[ Last edit by Jameselaprendi August 01, 2007, 02:10 PM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 02:45 PM »

James Auckland and Jamie Murray can't play together. Conflicting styles I believe.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 02:47 PM »

Does anyone have a rough idea who was the better player out of the two?  Think I always thought Jamie carried the team more.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Jamie to split from doubles partner « Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 02:53 PM »

From watching them practicing together it certainly seemed the case. He seemed to be running the show. Maybe he's got himself someone else to play with already and isn't saying anything till after this partnership is finished?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »