Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup!

(Read 2482 times)
Shooting Star
Veteran

Jamie win Trani Cup Challenger! « Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 12:22 AM »

The Jamie's are into the final after their most convincing win for months. Probably even years.  yay cmon yeah w00t toot

Woop woop! yay cmon yeah
was trying to check scores etc, but my phone died, what bad luck!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Jamie win Trani Cup Challenger! « Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 08:57 PM »

On serve: 2-1*
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Jamie win Trani Cup Challenger! « Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 09:47 PM »

They lost the first set 6-3 but they're a break up in the 2nd. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Jamie win Trani Cup Challenger! « Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 09:56 PM »

In to a MTB to decide the championship.

C'mon Jamie C'mon Jamie
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Jamie win Trani Cup Challenger! « Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 10:03 PM »

Common Jamie.  Time for a tournament win to boost your confidence as well as some much needed dough. 

Hmm.. How much will Jamie win today if he wins the tournament ?
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Jamie win Trani Cup Challenger! « Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 10:14 PM »

YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! THEY DO IT!!!!!! 12-10. They were a doubles mini-break 2-5 down in the MTB as well.

w00t yay cmon yeah clap cmon yeah toot trophy trophy clapping kicking jumping-w00t jumping-w00t mexicanwave
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! « Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 10:19 PM »

Hmm.. How much will Jamie win today if he wins the tournament ?
Jamie and Jamie Delgado get 2650 euros between them.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! « Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 10:45 PM »

YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! THEY DO IT!!!!!! 12-10. They were a doubles mini-break 2-5 down in the MTB as well.

w00t yay cmon yeah clap cmon yeah toot trophy trophy clapping kicking jumping-w00t jumping-w00t mexicanwave
Ahh, bloomin heck! You turn your back for five minutes and they go and win. I've literally been checking all day on various outlets and had no luck so assumed it was tomorrow, typical!

Well anyway, this is the best news!
It's about time he did some winning and perhaps this is the confidence boost he needs to get going again.
Lets hope this makes him hungry for further wins, and not get complacent, and continue this positive play.
What does anyone think this means for the US Open?

With any luck, he may be able to get his ranking back within the top 100 by years-end!

yay Very Happy Smile Very Happy yay
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! « Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 10:55 PM »

That is great news.  Many congratulations Jamie.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! « Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 10:59 PM »

What a fall from grace for Jamie, mixed doubles and some of the big names eager to play with him, to winning Challengers again.

Regardless, well done, hope he can pull his socks up and start climbing the rankings again.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! « Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 11:10 PM »

What a fall from grace for Jamie, mixed doubles and some of the big names eager to play with him, to winning Challengers again.

Regardless, well done, hope he can pull his socks up and start climbing the rankings again.
Yeah, if he stops and thinks about it for too long, it really gets him down.

On a tangent, I saw a boat today that was called
Our Jamie
I should have taken it as a sign! I doubt it was named after jamie, it looked older than he is, but I'm sure it was the universe talking! Lol

woop woop go Jamies cmon yeah
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! « Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 05:05 PM »

Thanks Allan.

I think something is really wrong with the reward structure.  The winner gets 2650/2 = 1325 euros.  This is barely enough to cover flight and accommodation.  Jamie got zero euro for his previous tournament where he was knocked out first round.  Without financial backing,  I can not see how the players playing in the challenger's tournaments make ends meet.  This is quite ridiculous.

Jamie and Jamie Delgado get 2650 euros between them.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! « Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 05:10 PM »

Thanks Allan.

I think something is really wrong with the reward structure.  The winner gets 2650/2 = 1325 euros.  This is barely enough to cover flight and accommodation.  Jamie got zero euro for his previous tournament where he was knocked out first round.  Without financial backing,  I can not see how the players playing in the challenger's tournaments make ends meet.  This is quite ridiculous.

It is kind of crazy, and totally unfair, not sure if there are different levels of challenger in terms of prize money, but this was relatively small, so there may be the potential to earn more on the challenger tour- not sure about that though
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Jamie wins Trani Challenger Cup! « Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 06:07 PM »

Fortunately, Jamie has a great family financial backing so he should be fine but I can understand now why some players give up early simply due to lack of sufficient financial return to make ends meet.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »