Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Kim Sears Pictures & Info 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 127 Go Down Reply
Author

Kim Sears Pictures & Info

(Read 293199 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1305 on: April 01, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Not keen either - tho certainly wouldn't mind  a wee rummage in her wardrobe! (not that any of it would fit but a girl can dream!)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1306 on: April 02, 2013, 07:30 AM »

Long sleeves are protecting her skin, two hours sitting in the Miami sun would do lots of damage. Her skin is very fair.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1307 on: April 02, 2013, 02:44 PM »

Long sleeves are protecting her skin, two hours sitting in the Miami sun would do lots of damage. Her skin is very fair.

It's good that she wore something long, but I still dont like the dress. Looks kinda bland compared to her normal dressing. I love her clothes since she carries them off very well.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1308 on: April 02, 2013, 04:28 PM »

Not mad on the dress either but she is very fair skinned and will have to watch she does not get burnt. Andy is so pale too he will have to watch as well he's like a bottle of milk and his auburn hair makes him a candidate for burning.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1309 on: April 02, 2013, 07:57 PM »

I thought that when I seen Kim wearing it on telly yesterday, long sleeves....why? And like you not keen on it seems awfully old fashioned for a young girl. Nonetheless she is still a stunner.
The sun in Florida is much closer than the sun in England/Scotland and sitting for a tennis match could send you home with a very bad burn.  Looks like Judy is used to being in the sun and may not be affected by it as badly.  It could be only in the 70's and you could easily come away with blisters.  So she's smart to stay covered up.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1310 on: April 03, 2013, 02:29 PM »

Tell me about it when I lived in Australia I was badly burned and was covered in blisters from head to toe. I was in agony and had to be off work for a couple of days I was like a lobster. Never again I learned the hard way.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1311 on: April 03, 2013, 06:55 PM »

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/shesgamesports/2012/09/meet-the-girlfriend-the-woman-behind-andy-murray.html

the woman behind the man

I was looking for the interview from Kim with Andy on internet and didnt find. What I found was this nice interview, on old one but new for me...and kind to Andy too...
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1312 on: April 03, 2013, 09:09 PM »

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/shesgamesports/2012/09/meet-the-girlfriend-the-woman-behind-andy-murray.html

the woman behind the man

I was looking for the interview from Kim with Andy on internet and didnt find. What I found was this nice interview, on old one but new for me...and kind to Andy too...
the link doesn't work :-(
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1313 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33 PM »

I'm sorry, I tried again and it seems to work, but here is the text;

If the world didn’t know who Andy Murray was before this summer, they’ve certainly become acquainted with him now. Murray used to be a low-profile Scot, but he has risen in the past few months to become one of the biggest names in tennis after years spent waiting in the wings behind Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.

Murray, who was long criticized by the British press for his failure to win a Grand Slam title, finally began to carve a place for himself in British and tennis fans’ hearts in July, when he lost to Federer in an emotional Wimbledon final. In August, he found redemption as he won Olympic gold on the Wimbledon lawn against Federer, and in September, he marked his biggest achievement to date by topping Novak Djokovic to win the U.S. Open title.

Through it all, Murray has enjoyed the steady presence of long-time girlfriend Kim Sears, and in the wake of Murray’s Grand Slam victory, Sears is seeing a rise in her fame to parallel Murray’s. In the days after Murray’s Open win, the British tabloids, have been full of rumors that Murray may finally be ready to marry the woman who has supported him throughout his entire career.

So just who is Kim Sears and why is she such an important part of Murray’s career?

Let’s start from the beginning.

Sears comes from a tennis family; her father, Nigel Sears, is a British tennis coach. She met Murray through British tennis circles back in 2005 when she was 17 and he was 18, and aside from a six-month split in 2009, the couple have been inseparable ever since. They live together in Surrey, near where Sears grew up, and have two dogs, Rusty and Maggie May. Murray can be hotheaded, and both he and his mother Judy credit Sears with cooling his temper. Not much else is known about their private life. The couple bask in as much privacy as they can get.

Sears’ and Murray’s relationship bears some similarities to that of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Like Middleton, Sears keeps a low profile – while Murray was off rising in the tennis ranks, Sears attended the University of Sussex where she earned a degree in English literature, but her true passion was art. Sears works as a painter doing portraits of pets and devotes the majority of her time to supporting Murray. On her website, she said she enjoys the simple things in life – the countryside, a good cup of tea and chocolate biscuits. Similarly, Kate Middleton whiled her time away doing odd jobs after graduating from university while the main focus of her life was William.

Sears’ quiet life is a perfect match for Murray’s personality. The tennis star is known for his anti-party lifestyle and shy, reserved nature. He does not drink, and in fact celebrated his U.S. Open win with a lemon soda despite paying for the rest in his party to enjoy over $1,000 worth of alcoholic beverages. For Murray, the soda was a bit of a splurge. He doesn’t normally drink soft drinks, but as he told the press at a party thrown in his honor at the British consulate in New York, he supposes he can let his guard down for the next week or so.

The shy Murray keeps a small inner circle of close friends and family whom he relies on for support and encouragement and also trusts to keep the details of his life private. Sears has never betrayed that trust. Like Middleton, Sears is well-known as Murray’s girlfriend, but she never uses her position to her advantage. She has avoided any controversy while dating Murray, does not do interviews and stays out of the limelight as much as possible. Middleton had to wait a long time to get engaged – she and William dated for a decade before marrying – and Sears is experiencing the same lengthy wait as she has stuck by Murray’s side for seven years.

And so Sears waits. Every relationship is different, and in another relationship, Sears’ patience could be considered a detriment. But as a tennis girlfriend, she fits right in.

That Murray has yet to marry is not too surprising considering the grueling and self-centered nature of the tennis circuit. Very few elite tennis players are married – of the top men’s and women’s singles stars, only Federer and Andy Roddick have walked down the aisle. Players generally only have the month of December off, and for the rest of the 11 months of the year, they travel around the world to compete. Since tennis careers are so short, Murray has a limited time frame to make his mark, and at 25, he is likely at the peak of his career. Marriage can wait, but tennis will not.

Sears clearly knows that. While Murray pursues his dream, she remains his rock and his confidante. She finds something constructive to do with her time and contributes to charity. She lets her personality and wit shine on a Twitter account she runs in one of the couple’s dog’s name, but still manages to keep attention away from herself and Murray by not having her own Twitter account.

Most importantly, both Sears and Murray seem to be very happy and comfortable together. It was heart-warming to see the two embrace at Wimbledon this year, and after Murray won the U.S. Open, Sears’ celebration with Judy Murray proved just how much of a place Sears has carved for herself in Murray’s life. There is an old saying that behind every great man is a great woman, and whether or not Murray marries Sears next year (as the British press is speculating), it seems Murray has found his great woman.

This blog is not written or edited by Boston.com or the Boston Globe.
The author is solely responsible for the content.
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1314 on: April 03, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Thanks for this but I'm still disappointed that I couldn't get a link to the kim interview where she asks andy the questions
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1315 on: April 03, 2013, 10:21 PM »

Thanks for this but I'm still disappointed that I couldn't get a link to the kim interview where she asks andy the questions

Would love to watch that too!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1316 on: April 03, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Would love to watch that too!!

Me too....
IP Logged
snorkel.maiden
Junior

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1317 on: April 04, 2013, 09:05 AM »

That's a nice article but I object slightly to the suggestion that she's waiting for him to propose. They can't possibly know that! She might well be perfectly happy with the status quo. She might be the one keeping him waiting! All we know from the outside is that they both seem perfectly content.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1318 on: April 04, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Hey guys!I found a few new Andy and Kim pictures,but they're heavily (and I do mean heavily) watermarked.Anyone interested in seeing them?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Kim Sears Pictures & Info « Reply #1319 on: April 04, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Indeedy!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 127 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »