Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Kim set to be actress... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Kim set to be actress...

(Read 3191 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 11:35 PM »

Didn't she fail at the actress stuff and then turn to English?
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 11:38 AM »

Maybe, but quite often if you study drama, you study English as well
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53 AM »

Some report I read a year or so ago said she was trying to get into some prestigious drama school, if she had got in I don't think she would be studying English now, so it's my assumption she was rejected.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 12:15 PM »

Maybe she changed her mind so she could join Andy on tour more often. She was trying to get in around the time their relationship and his career got serious. Maybe there were other factors in her decision. You know what they say about assuming after all...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 12:18 PM »

Not sure why Kim would want to put her life on hold simply down to Andy getting better on tour Think
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 05:12 PM »

Some report I read a year or so ago said she was trying to get into some prestigious drama school, if she had got in I don't think she would be studying English now, so it's my assumption she was rejected.

People change their mind all the time. That's what I did. Big leap to think she was rejected.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 09:59 PM »

Big leap to think she was rejected.
Not when you consider how hard it is to get in that particular school (forgotten the name).
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 11:35 PM »

Not when you consider how hard it is to get in that particular school (forgotten the name).

You don't quit something you dream about even if you do get rejected by one school. If she quit acting, it'll be because she wanted to. People don't give up on what they want to do because one school turned them down.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 11:43 PM »

You can dream of being an actor but some people simply aren't cut out for it. I would agree with your point apart from this profession is an exception - with acting you generally need to be talented to make a decent living. You can't become a good actor from hard work alone, you need that special something that can't be taught, you either have it or you don't. It's the same with the singing profession, you need something extra that can't be taught. When you fail at the first round of the X-Factor, usually the intelligent thing to do is give up on your dream.

When she got rejected, she may have discovered there and then that she lacked the talent to make it in the super competitive world of acting, instead she turned to English, a subject that you can gain opportunities from purely down to hard work.
[ Last edit by Mark July 31, 2009, 11:52 AM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 11:44 PM »

You don't quit something you dream about even if you do get rejected by one school. If she quit acting, it'll be because she wanted to. People don't give up on what they want to do because one school turned them down.
Hmmm.... circumstances change.  What you once aspired to can quickly fade if your goalposts are moved.  What you dream of one day, may not be the same if other influences come into play.  I'm not saying this is the case here... but just a thought....
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 11:57 PM »

I'm sure, whatever the circumstances, she has done what will make her happiest
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 07:34 AM »

Did a quick bit of research...

Kim auditioned around December 2006 at London's 'Central School of Speech and Drama', a school that apparently has a very tough and competitive audition process. The school has produced people like Dame Judi Dench and Doctor Who star, Christopher Eccleston. Frankly it would be surprising if Kim got in, the odds were against her from the start.

Kim spoke to the press 1 month before the auditions, so we can be fairly certain she went through with it. If she had passed the audition process, I think it's extremely unlikely she would have given up at that point without even giving it a chance.
[ Last edit by Mark July 31, 2009, 11:49 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 11:05 AM »

Keira Knightley comes to mind for some reason.

F*ck no!  Not Pouty Lips fainting
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 11:16 AM »

F*ck no!  Not Pouty Lips fainting
I don't like her either but for some reason she came to mind as an appropriate actor to play Kim search me
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 01:30 PM »

Hmmm.... circumstances change.  What you once aspired to can quickly fade if your goalposts are moved.  What you dream of one day, may not be the same if other influences come into play.  I'm not saying this is the case here... but just a thought....

That's exactly what I mean. People change their mind. Things change. Mark is automatically assuming that she got rejected and just gave up on acting because of it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »