Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Kim set to be actress... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Kim set to be actress...

(Read 2698 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32 PM »

You can dream of being an actor but some people simply aren't cut out for it. I would agree with your point apart from this profession is an exception - with acting you generally need to be talented to make a decent living. You can't become a good actor from hard work alone, you need that special something that can't be taught, you either have it or you don't. It's the same with the singing profession, you need something extra that can't be taught. When you fail at the first round of the X-Factor, usually the intelligent thing to do is give up on your dream.

When she got rejected, she may have discovered there and then that she lacked the talent to make it in the super competitive world of acting, instead she turned to English, a subject that you can gain opportunities from purely down to hard work.

You don't even know that she got rejected, Mark. You're just assuming. She could just have easily decided to pursue something else. That's what I did, and I wasn't rejected from anywhere. It's the same for a lot of people.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 01:33 PM »

That's exactly what I mean. People change their mind. Things change. Mark is automatically assuming that she got rejected and just gave up on acting because of it.
But I agree, people change their mind, especially when they get rejected from a drama school because once that happens, it's easy to conclude you don't have the talent to make a decent living in such a ridiculously competitive field. It's not like failing an exam to get into a school because you can pass next time from further study.

You are assuming acting was her dream, nothing suggests that. She may have been interested and given it a shot and then realised English was better suited for her.
[ Last edit by Mark July 31, 2009, 01:41 PM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 01:38 PM »

I agree, people change their mind, especially when they get rejected from a drama school.

You are assuming acting his her dream, nothing suggests that.

I'm not assuming that acting is her dream. I'm not assuming anything. I'm telling you that there are a number of reasons why she may be studying English now. Your assumption is relying on the possibility that she got rejected, realised she wasn't talented enough, and gave up after applying to one school.

I'm saying that there are more likely reasons, such as simply having a change of heart. The fact that I'm saying that she potentially just changed her mind is the opposite of me saying that acting was her dream. If something is your dream, you don't just forget about it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 01:38 PM »

You don't even know that she got rejected, Mark. You're just assuming.
I know, it's an assumption but a likely one when you consider the facts.

And I've already explained as to why not passing an audition for a drama school is different to most other subjects you are required to pass an exam for.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 01:41 PM »

I know, it's an assumption but a likely one when you consider the facts.

And I've already explained as to why not passing an audition for a drama school is different to most other subjects you are required to pass an exam for.

It's not any different. Do you know how many successful actors and actresses have never been to drama school, or got rejected/dropped out? A high percentage of the biggest earners on the planet didn't even go to drama school.

Your assumption isn't based on anything, Mark. You've just randomly got it in your mind that she got rejected, and nothing will sway you.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 01:47 PM »

I gave what I consider to be the most likely outcome based on these facts:

* It's almost certain she did do the audition(s) as she spoke with enthusiasm about it 1 month before.
* If you get accepted into a school like that after successfully beating hundreds of other candidates, it's unlikely you'll suddenly have a change of heart and throw away that opportunity.
* Based on statistics alone, we know that she had a much greater chance of rejection than acceptance.

So as you can see James, my assumption was not baseless.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 01:55 PM »

I gave what I consider to be the most likely outcome based on these facts:

* It's almost certain she did do the auditions as she spoke with enthusiasm about it 1 month before.
* If you get accepted into a school like that after successfully beating hundreds of other candidates competition, it's unlikely you'll suddenly have a change of heart and throw away that opportunity.
* Based on statistics alone, we know that she had a much greater chance of rejection than acceptance.

So as you can see James, my assumption was not baseless.

It is still a huge leap, Mark. Not just the idea that she got rejected, but the notion that getting rejected somehow made her realise that she was talentless and should pursue English instead. As if anyone with an ounce of confidence would let something like that put them off. As I said, a high percentage of the most successful actors on the planet didn't go to drama school/dropped out. What you are suggesting is a bit like an actor getting turned down at their first audition and then giving up.

Like I said, you get these things in your head, Mark, and nothing can convince you otherwise. You get a thought in your head that gets you hard and you absolutely won't be convinced otherwise. It doesn't matter what I say. In your mind, Kim got rejected from drama school. That's the reality that you have constructed.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 01:57 PM »

I'm glad you are now only having a go at me for the 'realising she is talentless' thing as that was just a brief comment rather than a strong viewpoint I have. So I agree with you James, it is a leap and that is why I won't try and defend that particular comment.
[ Last edit by Mark July 31, 2009, 02:20 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 02:00 PM »

Like I said, you get these things in your head, Mark, and nothing can convince you otherwise. You get a thought in your head that gets you hard and you absolutely won't be convinced otherwise. It doesn't matter what I say. In your mind, Kim got rejected from drama school. That's the reality that you have constructed.
You make me sound like some sort of fanatic lol

I just gave an opinion on what I considered the most likely outcome, not what I believe to be the truth, the assumption is justified when you consider the facts. Smile
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 02:01 PM »

I'm glad you are now only having a go at me for the 'releasing she is talentless' thing as that was just a brief comment rather than a strong viewpoint I have. So I agree with you James, it is a leap and that is why I won't try and defend that particular comment.

I didn't say that it wasn't possible that she got rejected. I said that it is one of many possibilities. She may very well have been rejected. However, it is only one of a number of possibilities. And I don't think getting rejected and then quitting is the most likely possibility.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 02:02 PM »

I didn't say that it wasn't possible that she got rejected. I said that it is one of many possibilities. She may very well have been rejected. However, it is only one of a number of possibilities.
Agreed! yay
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 02:03 PM »

I don't like her either but for some reason she came to mind as an appropriate actor to play Kim search me

Shes too tall and skinny for Kim, she'd tower over the actor playing Andy lol
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 02:03 PM »

You make me sound like some sort of fanatic lol

I just gave an opinion on what I considered the most likely outcome, not what I believe to be the truth, the assumption was justified when you consider the facts. Smile

When it comes to hunches, you are a bit fanatical. You get an idea in your head and you convince yourself that it's a fact and thereafter you treat it as reality. In your mind, Kim Sears was rejected from drama school.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 02:05 PM »

When it comes to hunches, you are a bit fanatical. You get an idea in your head and you convince yourself that it's a fact and thereafter you treat it as reality. In your mind, Kim Sears was rejected from drama school.
I've done nothing but say what I consider as the most likely outcome. Try not to judge me so quickly, James.

I respect there are other possibilities, I don't believe she was rejected because I don't know but I think it's the most likely outcome.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Kim set to be actress... « Reply #44 on: July 31, 2009, 02:06 PM »

I've done nothing but say what I consider as the most likely outcome. Try not to judge me so quickly, James.

I respect there are other possibilities, I don't believe she was rejected because I don't know but I think it's the most likely outcome.

I'm not judging you on this alone. We've had similar arguments before based on a hunch of yours. It's more of a trend.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »