Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Lendl News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Lendl News

(Read 5725 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Lendl News « Reply #90 on: March 07, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Guys,I'm not quite sure where to put this,but here seems like the best place.

So,basically,I was bored this morning (and ok,admittedly putting off studying too :p ) so googled Lendl,hoping to get some recent inteviews with him that I hadn't seen or something.Instead I came across this interview-god,it's years and years old now,as it took place when his daughter Marika was 14 and she's in her twenties now!-and it was about his daughter playing golf.It was mostly about her,but they interviewed Lendl too,and he said this,which I just thought was absolutely lovely

"I think every kid should have their dreams and, whatever their dreams are, I'll do my best to help them to achieve them. Whether it's my kids or any other kids, if they say I want to do this or that, I say, `How do you want to go about it and how can I help you?' "

I think,without Lendl actually saying a huge amount about himself (which we all know he almost never willingly does! Very Happy ) it says a lot about him.Made me glad all over again that he's in Andy's corner Smile
Those are great sentiments by Lendl.  I like the fact he doesn't say much.  Often, empty vessels make the most noise. yes
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Lendl News « Reply #91 on: March 27, 2013, 06:37 PM »

Guys,for anyone interested,there'll be an interview with Lendl on 5 live sport from 7pm

"DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis

Tonight in 5 Live Sport from 7pm UK time, an interview with Ivan Lendl.

Lendl was in best mood I've ever seen.  Even smiled. Interesting thoughts on rankings, differences in Andy over last 12 mths, clay season."
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Lendl News « Reply #92 on: March 27, 2013, 06:40 PM »

I should attend that. Hence my avatar.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Lendl News « Reply #93 on: March 28, 2013, 06:55 AM »

So, did anyone catch the interview?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Lendl News « Reply #94 on: March 28, 2013, 11:49 AM »

Ivan Lendl stresses importance of Andy Murray ranking rise

Andy Murray's hopes of winning the French Open and future Grand Slams will improve if he can become world number two, according to his coach Ivan Lendl.

If Murray wins the Sony Open in Miami, the Scot will overtake Roger Federer to go second behind Novak Djokovic.

"It's important to get many points and hopefully it will lead to potentially advantageous seedings at the French and Wimbledon," Lendl told BBC Sport.

"That's where the biggest advantage of Andy getting to number two would be."

Murray has been ranked second in the world before, for three weeks in August and September 2009, and his current run at number three began last September.

But his maiden Grand Slam title at the 2012 US Open and a run to January's Australian Open final has helped him overtake Rafael Nadal, who has been severely hampered by injury.

Djokovic currently leads the rankings from Federer, Murray and Nadal - and if those players still comprise the top four by the French Open, which starts on 26 May, Murray will be seeded to play one of them in the semi-finals.

However, if Nadal is overtaken by then and Murray leapfrogs Federer, there is a chance the Briton will be on the other side of the draw to all three and thus avoid them until the final.

Equally, though, it would be possible that seven-time champion Nadal could land in Murray's half and face him in the quarter-finals.

"The most important thing would be if Rafa is not in top form," said Lendl. "Then it becomes very tricky because you can be unlucky and play him in the quarters.

"Or you could be lucky and have Novak, Roger and Rafa in the other half of the draw, so that's where the biggest advantage of Andy getting to number two would be.

"The draw will be really important. If Andy can get to number two and be seeded second, have a relatively freer path and the others play among themselves and take their physical and mental energy from each other, then the chances improve - providing Andy can do his job and beat the others."

Lendl has been working with Murray since the start of 2012 and he is happy with how their partnership is developing.

"He is taking care of matches a bit easier at times," the 53-year-old explained.

"He also is steadier in his results and doesn't seem to get as many downs as he did before, and I'm pleased with that.

"I just enjoy working with Andy. He's a good person, a good player obviously and a good guy. Just being together and having fun is the enjoyable part."

Lendl won eight Grand Slam titles in his career - a haul that included three French Opens but no Wimbledons - and he believes Murray is better equipped than he was to make the transition from clay to grass.

"He's a different player than I am," added the Czech former world number one, now a United States citizen. "He's much more skilled on grass - he can play the French and be ready for Wimbledon.

"For me, it took much longer to get to the level I needed to be on grass to be competitive on Wimbledon. So I'm not worried about it for Andy. He's the other way, he needs more time on clay."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21964642
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Lendl News « Reply #95 on: May 02, 2013, 03:31 PM »

Lendl Visits Mucha Collection In Prague

May 1st, 2013
by e-slice.

Radio Prague reports that around 25,000 people have already visited Ivan Lendl’s collection of Art Noveau posters by Alphonse Mucha’s, currently on exhibition at the Prague Municipal House. The collections consists of 151 originals and definitely worth a visit (now through July 31).

Mr. Lendl himself stopped by this past week to visit and discuss the art on display
http://the-slice.com/2013/05/lendl-visits-mucha-collection-in-prague/
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Lendl News « Reply #96 on: July 09, 2013, 12:25 AM »

Andy Murray is the world's best player, says Ivan Lendl

Ivan Lendl believes that Andy Murray has earned the right to be considered the world’s leading tennis player after his historic victory at Wimbledon.

Murray, who has also won Olympic gold and the US Open within the past 12 months, remained at No 2 in the world rankings published yesterday.

Novak Djokovic, who lost in straight sets to Murray on Sunday, is ranked above Murray but only because he has been more consistent in the ­second tier of tennis events known as the Masters series.

However, Lendl, whose ­appointment as Murray’s coach has triggered the most successful spell of the Scot’s career, says the true worth of a player is measured only when they come under the maximum pressure and scrutiny. Which is what happens in the four grand slams, held annually in four of the world’s great cities: Melbourne, Paris, London and New York.

“Under pressure right now Andy has two majors and a gold medal,” Lendl told Telegraph Sport on Monday. “Novak is a great player, don’t get me wrong. He has had a phenomenal last 12 months, basically since the start of 2011, so the rankings look at all of that. [But] if somebody has two majors and an Olympic gold medal, and everybody else has only one major . . .” Lendl added, before tailing off. “Everybody can make their own opinion on that.”

Lendl’s comments give a sense of the ambition that continues to drive everyone in “Team Murray”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/10167623/Andy-Murray-is-the-worlds-best-player-says-Ivan-Lendl.html
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Lendl News « Reply #97 on: July 09, 2013, 12:45 AM »

I have a strange niggle that Ivan might be here to stay for the rest of Andy's career. They both seem to warm to each other well and obviously Ivan has given Andy much much more. I can't see Andy getting rid of him for many many years.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Lendl News « Reply #98 on: July 09, 2013, 12:52 AM »

I have a strange niggle that Ivan might be here to stay for the rest of Andy's career. They both seem to warm to each other well and obviously Ivan has given Andy much much more. I can't see Andy getting rid of him for many many years.

Well,both Andy and Ivan have said that as long as they both stay happy they'd like to keep working together for the rest of Andy's career,so here's hoping! crossfingers
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Lendl News « Reply #99 on: July 09, 2013, 06:23 AM »

I think I remember an article where Ivan said he hoped to be with Andy until the end of his career.  Maybe I imagined it.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Lendl News « Reply #100 on: July 09, 2013, 07:02 AM »

Arise "Sir Ivan" say I Whistle
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Lendl News « Reply #101 on: July 09, 2013, 07:30 AM »

I think I remember an article where Ivan said he hoped to be with Andy until the end of his career.  Maybe I imagined it.
No he did say that, as did Andy.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Lendl News « Reply #102 on: July 09, 2013, 01:43 PM »

IP Logged
fast_clay

Re: Lendl News « Reply #103 on: July 12, 2013, 12:09 AM »

Today in the news, Lendl stared at a 17kg rock and intimidated it.

The entire process lasted 1 hour and 4 minutes.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Lendl News « Reply #104 on: July 12, 2013, 02:00 PM »

I can't see Ivan going anywhere while Andy remains driven. They both seem to love winning.

I just think there is tremendous respect, and if it doesn't sound soppy, affection, between them. I'm sure that two such strong-willed men have tough days, but on the whole it seems to work beautifully.

I think people can talk about shots forever, but what I truly believe Lendl has brought to Andy is belief. I think he has helped Andy to realise that he is good enough to be at the top, that he deserves to be. To my mind that is hugely significant.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »