Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Entourage  >  Murray doubles at Montreal
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Reply

Murray doubles at Montreal

Mayer just serving for the match.  Better start than last time the team served for the match.
IP Logged

Not to be.  Mayer and Berdych win 6-4 6-4

Cincinnati here we come!
IP Logged

Oh well onwards and upwards Cincy here we come. And I'm off to bed sorry Jo-Wilfred I have work in the morning.
IP Logged

Oh dear - I was hoping for better news ...

On second thoughts, maybe the sooner Andy gets himself down to Cincy the better.  Then he can get himself acclimatised and hopefully used to the court conditions.  Anybody know if he and Jamie are playing doubles there?

Actually, not good at all, Aileen. Andy needs a lot of matches under his belt to become match sharp before Cincinnati. He is match fit, but not sharp enough. That was his failure in Montreal.
IP Logged

Actually, not good at all, Aileen. Andy needs a lot of matches under his belt to become match sharp before Cincinnati. He is match fit, but not sharp enough. That was his failure in Montreal.
Sorry, but I prefer that he doesn't have to rush to Cincinnati and has time to get in some decent singles' practice there with, hopefully, some of the other top players.  Certainly he and Nadal always enjoy practising together.
IP Logged

Oh that is disappointing news.  I think I agree with those who would have preferred Andy to get more matches under his belt.  I think it was the Bryans next so would have gone out tonight probably anyway, so would still have been in Cinci Sunday and presumably won't play a match before tues at earliest.  Anyway let's hope he gets some good practice in with Rafa.
Anyone know when the Cinci draw is?
IP Logged

Ruthie, Cincinatti draw is out. Expect an analysis will appear here soon.
IP Logged

On no! news.cincinatti.com says Andy has "toughest draw."
Booo
IP Logged
Caz

Maybe that could be a good thing! Think
IP Logged

Does anyone know the result of Andy and Jamie's doubles.
IP Logged

Littlebuddha, alas they lost Frown
IP Logged

On no! news.cincinatti.com says Andy has "toughest draw."
Booo
Yes it sounds pretty tough to me have to say.  But Andy often does tough better than easy so Caz may well be right.  Hope so.  Have to admit though that I'm not pinning my hopes too high on what happens next week.  It would be great if Andy didn't lose any more ranking points at least. After that, I'll settle for as much match time as possible [that said I'll be as disappointed as anyone at whatever point he exits other than winning the trophy].  I just hope he can work with Cahill for the week or so before USO to get his game and mind back into the kind of shape it was in during most of the clay and grass court seasons.
IP Logged
Caz

Please don't think I've lost faith Ruthie........I won't do that till he retires! I know he can do it, but I'm just not getting too excited till I see how he's playing! Yes, a few days with Cahill could work wonders! Fingers crossed eh!
IP Logged

I hope Andy does well in Cinci, fed up not being able to watch him play, the tournaments are dull to me without oor Andy.  yawn
IP Logged

Please don't think I've lost faith Ruthie........I won't do that till he retires! I know he can do it, but I'm just not getting too excited till I see how he's playing! Yes, a few days with Cahill could work wonders! Fingers crossed eh!
Oh no don't worry Caz I don't think you've lost faith at all.  But like you say, difficult to get too excited now after last week.  Not sure I can face a repeat of him going out so tamely again in his first round played.  But that's not me losing faith either; just a bit of self protection.  And then if Mr Magic shows up we'll be that much happier.  So yes fingers and everything else crossable crossed!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Reply