Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Entourage  >  Queen Judy on five Live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Queen Judy on five Live

(Read 2074 times)
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Queen Judy on five Live « Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 12:22 PM »

Kim is back in England now, she was over there for her half term holiday. She's studying Drama and English A Levels.

From todays' DM

Sealed with a kiss, Murray’s biggest victory

By Neil Sears

WHEN Andy Murray clinched his first major tennis victory, he knew exactly how he wanted to celebrate.
   So he dashed into the crowd beside the court to kiss his 18-year-old girlfriend Kim Sears.
   She had been cheering every point throughout his victory over former world number one Lleyton Hewitt in the SAP Open Final in San Jose.
   Miss Sears has been well placed to assess Murray’s form – her father Nigel is one of Britain’s top tennis coaches, working with Slovakian player Daniela Hantuchova.
   Romance is said to have blossomed while Murray, 18, was winter training in South Africa, where the Sears family has a second home.
   Yesterday Murray’s mother Judy said: ‘Kim has been a great help to Andy this week because he is in America without Mark Petchey, his coach.
   ‘She comes from a tennis family and it’s tough out there on the tour, and can become very lonely. It’s great to have a friend with him who is the same age to talk to.’
   Murray’s 2-6 6-1 7-6 victory on Sunday night, which earned him £29,800, saw him leap to 47 in the world rankings. He is just four places behind Greg Rusedski, and seven behind Tim Henman.
   It is his first win in a tournament on the Association of Tennis Players’ tour, and further wins could make him Britain’s number one player. Impressively, in the semi-final he also defeated another former world number one, Andy Roddick.
   ‘It’s the biggest moment in my life in tennis so far,’ Murray said later.
   ‘I got a little too nervous but I managed to come through. I controlled my emotions well out there and it feels pretty good right now.’ .....

...Murray’s only concession to the moment was the clenching of his fists, although the emotion did begin to flood in as he ran over to Kim to land several kisses on her lips.
Murray said: ‘I wasn’t thinking about what I’d do if I won. You can’t do that against a player like Lleyton. You try not to get ahead of yourself. I hadn’t planned on going over to my girlfriend. It was just the best moment in my life so far and I wanted to share it with someone.
‘I just went out for dinner afterwards. I was a little bit tired. I didn’t actually get that much sleep. I probably only slept for four or five hours last night. I was still a little bit excited because it was pretty special.’

There's aso a fabulous pic of him giving her a huge snog, but, while it made me smile in the long ago enamours of first love, it might be a bit much for some of our more envious FM's Wink

So you'll be glad I cant copy it!
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Queen Judy on five Live « Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 12:28 PM »

Very Happy Oh and Queen Judy is still my idol. Andy has been blessed with the mother to end all Mums.

What a total star she is. Loving, supportive, but quite ready to give him his space and keep his feet on the ground.

If I didn't love my own Mum so much, and she wasn't younger than me  shocking  (scary), then I'd quite like QJ as MY Mum. Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Queen Judy on five Live « Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 12:30 PM »

Lol, she is a bit of a star Smile I wonder if she'll go with Jamie to the Cardiff Challenger type thing....

Any recommendations for the papers? I'll venture out and buy one later.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Queen Judy on five Live « Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 12:32 PM »

guardian is the best
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Queen Judy on five Live « Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 12:55 PM »

I'm no Tory (one of the reasons I read the papers I do, i.e. to get an opposite POV), but my favourite for Sport HAS To be The Telegraph

It's in a league of it's own. yes
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Queen Judy on five Live « Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 12:56 PM »

I'm a Daily Express person.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Queen Judy on five Live « Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 01:01 PM »

I do tend to buy the Telegraph for sport - unfortunately I am woefully under-politicised - have no idea about any of the paper biases....
Do read my mums DM for comedy value though....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »