Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Use this nickname?
Yes - it's OK - 3 (9.1%)
No - not on yer nellie.  Drop it! - 25 (75.8%)
Not really bothered. - 5 (15.2%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

"The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not

(Read 2098 times)
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 11:47 AM »

I hate it being foisted on the forum in match title threads.  Plus Kevin's Silent Assassin is much more fun.
It's a crap name and I'm fed up seeing it.  It won't catch on so, yep, get rid
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 01:39 PM »

I updated the match thread and poll.
well done prod - a nice of democracy in action  clap
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 03:06 PM »

I updated the match thread and poll.

Well done, Prod.    You're a star.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 03:17 PM »

I will use it a little bit but only in certain occasions
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 03:55 PM »

that's fine prod - no harm in small doses in the 'privacy' of your own posts!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 04:34 PM »

Thanks for dropping it Prod, much appreciated. I voted against the name - not you, sunshine.  yes goodjob
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 04:39 PM »

Tell you what Prod if you stop calling Andy "tradesman" I'll stop calling JJ "servebot" :P

However nothing will stop me using nicknames for Federer  Mr. Green
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 05:11 PM »

No one is against nicknaming Frauderer.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 05:12 PM »

I've voted 'not really bothered' Prod.......as long as you don't kind of overdo it ya know? Two or three times in one post is ahem...'overkill'!  Whistle As long as we're talking nicknames here, I don't think 'the silent assassin' suits Andy either! Assassins are 'sneaky' backshooters/stabbers and that ain't our Andy.......and he's not particularly 'silent' either!  Whistle
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 05:39 PM »

At the moment, Andy is just 1 of those people who doesn't suit a nickname - maybe one will emerge in the coming years.  If it happens, it'll do so naturally and with common consensus - not by anybody 'forcing it' just for the sake of having one.

Andy is his name.  It's what he calls himself so that's what we should call him also.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 06:15 PM »

must admit I still like Mr Magic particularly now his twin Mr Tragic is more or less banished
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 06:16 PM »

"The Dunblane Destroyer"
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 11:47 PM »

Whoever set this poll up, a huge thank you! I'm sorry Prod, but the name grates on me. I get that you're entitled to using it in your posts but it was a bit much in thread titles..
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 11:53 PM »

The 'tradesman' is so far off as a nickname
Andy is an open ended genius
His skills are artistic not trade like
The tradesman would better describe Novak or Rafa.
Never Andy (and it has to be said Roger too)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: "The Tradesman" nickname - keep or not « Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 10:19 AM »

It's difficult to find a nickname for Andy while he's still honing his skills, but for the past few years, he's been known on here by quite a lot of us as 'Mr. Magic', who also has an alterego called 'Mr.Tragic', so it all depended on who turned up on the day! Mr.Tragic has all but disappeared this past year, though I think I caught a glimpse of him yesterday, after that bad decision by the umpire deprived Andy of the chance to break. I think he only managed to sneak in, because Mr.Lendl wasn't there! If he tries to pull the same stunt at Flushing Meadows, I think he'll be in for a shock!  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »