Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 45830 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #120 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22 AM »

I'm thinking that a bit of wind wouldn't go amiss Whistle  A certain person couldn't cope with it and had a bit of a strop nah ban
Haha your right Bev Djoko hates it windy, Andy will be fine, said at the start he would win still do. Come Andy it's written in the stars.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #121 on: September 10, 2012, 10:26 AM »

I'm going for Andy, he will be fired up and he beat Nole in the Olympics. As to Nole not dropping a set, look at who he has played he had the easiest draw and the only tricky player he had was Del Po. If you race a donkey against a horse, the horse is going to win every time. The match tomorrow will be decided by sheer determination and strategy and Andy will have this in buckets. He will be confident because Lendl will have let him know that he believes he can win, that this is his time.
  Yes exactly all this hasn't dropped a set !!! he has had the easiest path, Andy is ready. Come on Andy.  yay
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #122 on: September 10, 2012, 10:32 AM »

cmonandy whoop whooop whooop boom boom boom pow pow pow....Sorry but Im so excited - cant wait hopefully all this nervous energy is burning some calories!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #123 on: September 10, 2012, 10:34 AM »

Tick-tock, tick-tock

The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
  lmao
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #124 on: September 10, 2012, 10:37 AM »

cmonandy whoop whooop whooop boom boom boom pow pow pow....Sorry but Im so excited - cant wait hopefully all this nervous energy is burning some calories!

It's better than going to the gym that's for sure! Am sure my heart gets a good workout during Andy matches!

Love the Andy/Djoko pics Bev. Am hoping we don't get to see many roars from Djokovic today and more of the defeatist body language that he can bring out. Tennis needs a new slam winner - it just feels like this is Andy's time now. Smile
IP Logged
WishIWasKim

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #125 on: September 10, 2012, 10:51 AM »

Hi all - really can't concentrate on work today, keep thinking about the final  nervous my stomach is churning.

I haven't read any other comments today yet so apologies for any repetition but as a Scot I am so annoyed with Ferguson and Connory muscling in and going on about Scotland after all the hoo-ha Andy has had to live with about the Great Britain/Scotland debate - pair of numpties!!!

So glad Berdych lost, he really doesn't seem very nice at all - does anyone know what he muttered on that changeover?

Come on Andy - you can do it and if you can win in a tornado well you should be fine .........  cmon yeah

x
IP Logged
Jimzagooner
Satellite Level

Elvis Lives (in me)

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #126 on: September 10, 2012, 10:53 AM »

Hey dudes, I've been quiet recently but have been around following some of the games here on MW. Saw Andy at the Olympics, its been an amazing couple of months for him. Just wanted to say that tonight is Andy's night. The time has come. He will win. He must win. On Murraysworld.com tonight, it is OUR NIGHT. Peace and Love (chat to u later) x x
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #127 on: September 10, 2012, 10:55 AM »

Hi all - really can't concentrate on work today, keep thinking about the final  nervous my stomach is churning.

I haven't read any other comments today yet so apologies for any repetition but as a Scot I am so annoyed with Ferguson and Connory muscling in and going on about Scotland after all the hoo-ha Andy has had to live with about the Great Britain/Scotland debate - pair of numpties!!!

To me, the comments seemed patriotic, don't think they were attempting to stir anything up.

It was a nice moment, can't think of any other Scots with more status, all in the same room together.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #128 on: September 10, 2012, 10:56 AM »

It will take a herculean effort, but with aggressive play, and decisive approaches to the net, Andy can win for sure.  However, Nole showed some flashes of old yesterday, of the top form of last year.  The thing about their rivalry is that Andy is one of the guys that irritates Djokovic because he returns so damn well and can hang in with him.  As good a retriever as Nole is he doesn't like it a whole lot when it is always coming back.

Net play will be important, that long reach and fantastic slide Nole has is amazing but he is often at full stretch right at the back of the court and actually in a poor position.  To beat him you need to push up and be there to finish off, perhaps at the second attempt.  All too often players hang back and that is when Nole has you and he can change the emphasis of the exchange back in his favour.

First serve needs to be firing for Andy.  When he starts having to play lots of long games on serve this is never a good sign really.  Must be over 60% tonight.

I guess most of all he must believe he can do it.  At the olympics he was just so much fresher than Fed in the final, who had nothing in the tank.  It is hard to say where both players will be physically tonight.  Andy has had a days rest but at times has struggled during the tournament.  Nole has had to play three days straight.  I am not sure who has the advantage, if any at all.

This really is impossible to call.  The stats tell us that Nole has never lost to a lower ranked opponent in his US Open career.  Let's hope it changes tonight!!! 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #129 on: September 10, 2012, 11:09 AM »

Here we go!  H2H  icon_angel_not

Hi Bevc and all,

Have you doctored the pics of them both, just out of interest lol? It's just that Andy is topless and Djokovic looks frightened to death - made me laugh lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #130 on: September 10, 2012, 11:11 AM »

Yes it's 2 all overall this year but 2-1 Nole on hard. Andy was quite dreadful in Miami final though and didn't look like he cared all that much.

Ah, but Miami isn't a slam is it. Andy will care tonight for sure lol.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #131 on: September 10, 2012, 11:17 AM »

x

I have to say I was irritated by the 'Scots invented the world' remark.  Andy has to take enough flack without adding fuel to the fire.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #132 on: September 10, 2012, 11:22 AM »

I have to say I was irritated by the 'Scots invented the world' remark.  Andy has to take enough flack without adding fuel to the fire.

To be truthful, I think Ferguson was just a tad merry and didn't really know what he was saying. I think it was all just a bit of fun. The best thing was seeing Andy look so happy.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #133 on: September 10, 2012, 11:29 AM »

Here we go!  H2H  icon_angel_not
Thanks for complying with my special request for the H2H. Very Happy

And it's just all wrong that you have to be at work. Sorry Bev.
IP Logged
WishIWasKim

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #134 on: September 10, 2012, 11:31 AM »

To be truthful, I think Ferguson was just a tad merry and didn't really know what he was saying. I think it was all just a bit of fun. The best thing was seeing Andy look so happy.

Mind you, its nice to see Ferguson with a smile on his face for a change instead of looking like he was chewing a wasp.  Loved when Andy said to his mum "you smell of wine" - ha ha, my daughter is probably so used to me smelling of wine now she doesnt notice any more :-)

Andy to win - it will be an epic match whatever happens but he has an excellent chance!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »