Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 44525 times)
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #135 on: September 10, 2012, 11:32 AM »

nervous

Not surprised Novak is shorter odds, he's won 5 of these things after all.

Tick-tock, tick-tock

The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #136 on: September 10, 2012, 11:36 AM »

Love the H2H pics Bev, Andy looking to tear someones head off, and Nole looking scared! Love it!!
IP Logged
Chy

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #137 on: September 10, 2012, 11:40 AM »

I can't help but liken tonight's match with Serena vs Vic last night.

No matter what the odds are, Andy's got what it takes to beat him.

He has to come out fighting. He has had a lot of challenging matches recently which I hope has made him tougher.

I can only but hope and pray that he comes out jumping up to the crowds screams!

God be with him
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #138 on: September 10, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Hi All,

Well, today is the day. Can you believe it, Andy in three big finals this year. Maybe some didn't need to worry about Andy not winning any Masters this year after all.

I don't care if the Olympics isn't a slam in the technical sense. He still had to play to win, and he did. I don't think I will ever, ever forget watching him just go for Federer like that. People can say Federer was tired, he'd had the long match with Del Potro, blah, blah, blah, but Andy still had to go out there and do it. He knows that if you let Federer, or any of the top three back in, they can run away with it (sorry, I know that isn't helpful, but it is true) and he wasn't having it. I hope he comes out with that mindset today. If he does he will be tough to beat.

I would argue that although the road through the US has been more bumpy at times, he has risen to the challenge in the same way. Every time he has been threatened he has responded. I hope, and really believe, he is ready to respond in the same way today.

I know what the head to head says, but I look at it in the sense that of their last three meetings Andy has won 2, so he knows he can beat Djokovic. What I feel he can take from the Olympic semi final is the idea that he can go toe to toe with Djokovic and then make his move. I think he has to serve well to do that, clearly, to give Djokovic less opportunity to break him, but again, as in the Olympics, Andy has served well in the US when he has needed it most.

I think the Andy who met Djokovic over the net at the AO last year is gone. To me he looks more confident, seems to have greater belief in himself, as if he knows he belongs up there, which he does. He seems to be playing with more freedom now, when he is playing his best. I think Andy can take so much from the semi in Australia, which was so close. Yes, he arguably took his foot off the gas in the 4th, but he will have taken a lot out of that match, I'm sure of it. I've just bought the DVD of that, it's my birthday present to myself (lol) but I'm not watching it until after the USO is over. I don't want to jinx him by watching a match he doesn't win.

The one thing that did concern me is whether or not the conditions during the semi final would have upset Andy's rhythm. Then again, it has been something of an on and off tournament for him at times, so you could argue that establishing a rhythm has probably been tough anyway. Where I think Andy may well benefit is with the time off between the semi and final, not just in terms of the possible advantage that he was off when Djokovic was playing, but in terms of getting his rhythm right, refining his game, getting himself in the right place to produce the best result.

As I said yesterday, I'm not even going to think about Andy losing until we are faced with it. Sure, he has had a great year, a wonderful summer especially, but his year isn't over yet, not by a long way. While Andy is still in he has a chance to win. Hey, poetry lol.

Come on Andy love, hold that head up high and show him what you can do. You CAN do this, you know you can. Stay strong Andy and fight for it. Do it for me for my birthday!

cmonandy cmonandy cmonandy cmonandy cmonandy cmonandy cmonandy
IP Logged
Earmuffs
Challenger Level

I have been temperate always

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #139 on: September 10, 2012, 12:11 PM »

9 hours left.

There's a feeling in the air, that's for sure.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #140 on: September 10, 2012, 12:15 PM »

If you havn't seen the interview with Andy Ireland on Andy's facebook page, have a look, its hilarious!!

Always love your comments & what you bring to Murraysworld teejay and the fact its your birthday just adds more fuel to the written in the stars fire!!

I am working till 10 tonight as well. Have set the sky box so i will be watching it delayed. I will be thinking about it all day!!

An Andy victory for me in 4 sets!!! Cmon Andy!!!!
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #141 on: September 10, 2012, 12:20 PM »

If you havn't seen the interview with Andy Ireland on Andy's facebook page, have a look, its hilarious!!

Always love your comments & what you bring to Murraysworld teejay and the fact its your birthday just adds more fuel to the written in the stars fire!!

I am working till 10 tonight as well. Have set the sky box so i will be watching it delayed. I will be thinking about it all day!!

An Andy victory for me in 4 sets!!! Cmon Andy!!!!

Yeah hugo, i saw that, and yes it was hilarious, especially everyone laughing behind him as he looked rather nervous, and the comment about the air balloons LMAO

I am struggling to pick a winner, but with andy playing much more confidently now i am going to say murray in 4....fingers crossed
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #142 on: September 10, 2012, 12:27 PM »

I fear it will be Murray in 5 but I'm hoping for Murray in 3. Really as long as Murray wins I'll settle for anything
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #143 on: September 10, 2012, 12:33 PM »

I fear it will be Murray in 5 but I'm hoping for Murray in 3. Really as long as Murray wins I'll settle for anything

I dont care if Andy is dead on his feet after this.
Winning this now, right now, is all that matters after all, I personally dont care if he has nothing left in the tank for the asian swing he must leave it all out there, and move to the next level.
And if he plays freely (at some point early on) with no tanked sets and is aggressive from the start he surely has the game to beat Novak.
And Novak knows this.
I think its going to be Andy in 5 in a baptism of fire.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #144 on: September 10, 2012, 12:35 PM »

I cant believe I will join the match after hour or so, but on the other hand I hope first set lead will be on my screen by that time.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #145 on: September 10, 2012, 01:28 PM »

Oh, bless you for that. Honestly, don't say such nice things to me today, I'm too excited! I keep reminding myself that I'm 39 now, so I have to be a proper adult, but it isn't helping lol.

Yep, he's going to do it for my birthday. I've been telling him since he went on to the tour that he is brilliant, that one day he is going to win the biggies, and now I think he is getting it. I think he's ready.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #146 on: September 10, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Hope I won't be too plastered and will be able to watch this match.

As much as I like Novak, I want this to be Andy's Slam. He deserves it. He has deserved it for a while now.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #147 on: September 10, 2012, 01:31 PM »

I don't think it would ever sink in for me if Andy actually was to win a slam... we could have been supporting another average Gilles Simon (even though I love him) all these years so its unbelievable Andy is in this position again. So excited. Smile
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #148 on: September 10, 2012, 01:32 PM »

Happy birthday TJ, I am sure Andy will not let you down on your birthday, it would just be rude. yes cmonandy
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #149 on: September 10, 2012, 01:33 PM »

There's only one word to describe my feelings for tonight.

Moist.

I'm bristling with anticipation.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »