Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic  (Read 40065 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #150 on: September 10, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Neil Harman has tweeted the following Fred Perry won his 1st US Open on the 10th Sept 1933 and he was the seeded 3! The date and seeding give a real message about destiny.
IP Logged
[email protected]

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #151 on: September 10, 2012, 01:37 PM »

I really hope my tears tonight will be tears of joy because there will be lots of them for our boy love bev xxx
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #152 on: September 10, 2012, 01:37 PM »

I dont care if Andy is dead on his feet after this.
Winning this now, right now, is all that matters after all, I personally dont care if he has nothing left in the tank for the asian swing he must leave it all out there, and move to the next level.
And if he plays freely (at some point early on) with no tanked sets and is aggressive from the start he surely has the game to beat Novak.
And Novak knows this.
I think its going to be Andy in 5 in a baptism of fire.
I agree absolutely , but I don't think it will be 5, hope not my nerves won't stand it .  Very Happy
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #153 on: September 10, 2012, 01:38 PM »

I can't stand the fact that people cal Djokovic a nice guy. He insulted Andy several times during their Rome semi-final last year. The words he said ware not very pleasant and personaly much worse then the things Federer is saying about Andy. To keep it short, I don't like him.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #154 on: September 10, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Neil Harman:

Fred Perry won his first grand slam in New York in 10th Sept 1933. He was seeded 3. Today is Sept 10 2012. Can the No.3 seed triumph?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #155 on: September 10, 2012, 01:42 PM »

Neil Harman has tweeted the following Fred Perry won his 1st US Open on the 10th Sept 1933 and he was the seeded 3! The date and seeding give a real message about destiny.
I can't wait until Andy wins a slam (hopefully tonight) to end all the Fred Perry references! Hopefully it is destiny tonight though.

I can't stand the fact that people cal Djokovic a nice guy. He insulted Andy several times during their Rome semi-final last year. The words he said ware not very pleasant and personaly much worse then the things Federer is saying about Andy. To keep it short, I don't like him.

What did he say in the Rome semifinal? I don't remember his words but do remember his over the top celebrations at the end - which he was making a habit of at that time. He was the same after the Madrid final too. I always like how Andy celebrates his wins - he's obviously very happy but doesn't over-celebrate in people's faces either.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #156 on: September 10, 2012, 01:45 PM »

Happy birthday TJ, I am sure Andy will not let you down on your birthday, it would just be rude. yes cmonandy

Thanks. It would be rude, wouldn't it lol.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #157 on: September 10, 2012, 01:54 PM »

Neil Harman:

Fred Perry won his first grand slam in New York in 10th Sept 1933. He was seeded 3. Today is Sept 10 2012. Can the No.3 seed triumph?

Lendl also won on his 5th final for the first time against McEnroe who at the time already had 5 GSs to his name.

Novak also has 5 GSs to his name.. let's hope Andy keeps the count to 5 at least for another 5 months or more...
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #158 on: September 10, 2012, 02:02 PM »

What did he say in the Rome semifinal? I don't remember his words but do remember his over the top celebrations at the end - which he was making a habit of at that time. He was the same after the Madrid final too. I always like how Andy celebrates his wins - he's obviously very happy but doesn't over-celebrate in people's faces either.

"You're better, my a**", my free interpretation of his words. I think I can remember that he called him something like a "pu***", but I can't find it on the videos, so lets not take it for sure, but the firs one is enough for me.

EDIT

Happy birthday teejay. partyman
[ Last edit by what September 10, 2012, 02:16 PM ] IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #159 on: September 10, 2012, 02:11 PM »

Hi Teejay, a very happy birthday to you!  Hope Andy delivers a very special birthday present to you! 
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #160 on: September 10, 2012, 02:12 PM »

"You're better, my a**", my free interpretation of his words. I think I can remember that he called him something like a "pu***", but I can't find it on the videos, so lets not take it for sure, but the firs one is enough for me.

Really? Not good from Novak. He was very arrogant at times during his unbeaten period last year. The roaring and chest-beating always gets on my nerves. He's been a lot better this year though.

Happy birthday teejay. Hope you have the best present in the form of an Andy slam win. Smile
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #161 on: September 10, 2012, 02:16 PM »

If he called him a pussy, I think that would have made headlines. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #162 on: September 10, 2012, 02:19 PM »

My God some of you on here, no faith. Andy is a different player to what he was at the start of the year. He has learnt a lot from his painful losses. Mentally i see him thinking like a champion in waiting. Nole knows that Andy's game can trouble him and take him out of his comfort zone. Andy has all the weapons to claim his first USOPEN title tonight, The Olympic semi final win over Nole this summer was proof of this. He (Andy) has to draw on this winning and happy experience to propel himself to the title. Just as he now has the belief, so should we his supporters. The time is now for our Andy to stand up and be counted.  yay cmon yeah
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #163 on: September 10, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Happy bithday, TJ. May all your dreams (& ours) come true.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #164 on: September 10, 2012, 02:37 PM »

I dont care if Andy is dead on his feet after this.
Winning this now, right now, is all that matters after all, I personally dont care if he has nothing left in the tank for the asian swing he must leave it all out there, and move to the next level.
And if he plays freely (at some point early on) with no tanked sets and is aggressive from the start he surely has the game to beat Novak.
And Novak knows this.
I think its going to be Andy in 5 in a baptism of fire.
I doubt he'll be dead on his feet if he wins! The adrenalin will be pumping and he won't even realise how dog tired he is till much later, when he finally collapses into his bed with a big grin on his face..........just like us lot!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »