Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 49488 times)
Earmuffs
Challenger Level

I have been temperate always

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3015 on: September 15, 2012, 08:42 AM »

Come on, everyone, lighten up. As blueberryhill said, why are we judging people's commitment to Andy? We're all fans here, whether you're a half-full or half-empty sort, Andy is glad to have all of us behind him.

I just couldn't resist this gif! Whistle

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3016 on: September 15, 2012, 08:59 AM »

Ooh earmuffs that's horrible shocking
Wink
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3017 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09 AM »

Wink

That is an understatement...
IP Logged
Earmuffs
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3018 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09 AM »

Wink

Heh. Don't you think it's brilliant? He's controlling the ball with his mind. Think of the advantages he'll have on court!  w00t w00t w00t
IP Logged
Earmuffs
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3019 on: September 15, 2012, 09:15 AM »

Okay, okay, here's something we all might like...and my new favorite gif:

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3020 on: September 15, 2012, 09:16 AM »

Heh. Don't you think it's brilliant? He's controlling the ball with his mind. Think of the advantages he'll have on court!  w00t w00t w00t

roflmao

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3021 on: September 15, 2012, 10:58 AM »

Oh........Just for the record! I believe that anyone who would deliberately lose a match, is a cheat! Whether it's in the boxing ring, or on the tennis court. Whether it's for monetary gain, or not! It clearly shows disrespect to the opponent, because it's saying "You can't beat me!" and it's also showing great disrespect to all the people who have paid good money to watch an honest test of skill! I don't believe either of these points would be 'lost' on Andy! I cannot believe that Andy is a cheat! I believe that he was just having 'a bad day at the office' when he lost to Chardy. It happens to them all! In my view, Chardy played very well and beat Andy fair and square!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3022 on: September 15, 2012, 10:59 AM »

Earmuffs! That gif is so bad, it's great!  lmao
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3023 on: September 15, 2012, 11:42 AM »

Earmuffs.  Dear heavens.  That's evil genius lol
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3024 on: September 15, 2012, 11:58 AM »

Come on, everyone, lighten up. As blueberryhill said, why are we judging people's commitment to Andy? We're all fans here, whether you're a half-full or half-empty sort, Andy is glad to have all of us behind him.

Brilliant. w00t
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3025 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21 PM »

I still think that his losses were simply down to:  Queens, his back problem and Cincy was the aftermath of olympics and jet lag etc.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3026 on: September 15, 2012, 01:26 PM »

Andy had so many tough marches before reaching the final. I think he was great to even get through to the final. As others on MW have said it felt that his win in the US Open was preordained it just felt that this was his time. He has worked hard to reach this position and deserves his win. I hope he will win more slams he has the courage and the talent to do so.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3027 on: September 15, 2012, 01:38 PM »

I can't imagine what would have happened if Andy were to lose this match in 5 sets. This thread would have gone crazy and we might have seen another 100 pages I am sure and it wasn't going to be all that pretty rest assured.

Anyway, more on topic - I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Nole. That was a separate feeling of course knowing that Andy has already won the Open so it was easy to feel sorry for him. But what a great year he had just last year and this year, it's altogether a different story. This year he has won only 3 titles as opposed to last year, where he'd won 10 titles by this time including 3 Majors. Also, all his titles are on hard courts and none on clay or grass. He's been supremely consistent though and only lost either in the semi or in a final. Lost RG final to Nadal, lost Wimbledon to Federer in the semi, lost Olympics semi to Murray, won Toronto but lost to Federer in the Cincy final and then lost again to Murray in the USO final. That's a lot of terrible losses especially two in the Major finals. Not sure how his fans are coping with all these close lost matches. Even if you won a ton, let's say, this got to be a lot harder to take I feel. Oh well....not that we can't relate any of it, really.

Re: the match - for the first time in my life I was so happy to see Andy serving 2nd in the final set. It felt like a dreadful curse to serve first as each time and it didn't matter who, got broken immediately at the beginning of a set, so this felt more and more like as if it was the serve that was most under pressure in this match. And sure it was - the conditions were tricky, neither are known as big servers and on top of that, both are known as great returners of all time especially on hard courts. All that made it a very nervy start for each player. Towards the end of the 4th set, when Andy was 5-3 down but 40-15 on his serve, I was really hoping he'd let that service game go, so that he wouldn't have to start first again in the 5th set, especially when you realize that it was going to come down to nerves in the final set. And a break of serve would  have given Nole so much confidence as it did in Andy's case as you can see. So while it was a very, very risky strategy, I just couldn't possibly think of any other strategy. To be honest, I was so into that match that at one point, I thought I was in Andy's head. lol. And that bathroom break was much needed for both players. I hadn't moved for a long time so I needed a break too - not sure about you guys but I thought, it was refreshing and was filled with some new hope especially for Andy as he came out with a new pumped up attitude.

So that's that. Anyway, I was just looking at everyone's history to find out who lost how many times in GS finals and they are:

Sampras: lost 4 finals (3 USO and 1 AO - all 3 USO losses are either prior his prime or after his prime)

Agassi: 7 finals (4 USO, 2 FO, 1 Wimbledon)

Federer: 7 finals (4 FO, 1 AO, 1 Wimbledon &n 1 USO)

Nadal: 5 finals (3 Wimbledon, 1 USO, 1 AO)

Djokovic: 4 finals (3 USO - 1 FO)

Murray: 4 finals (2 AO, 1 USO, 1 Wimbledon)

Would like to touch Lendl a bit:

Lendl: 11 finals (5 USO, 2 Wimbledon, 2 AO, & 2 FO)

So I am hoping...really, really hoping that Andy has seen all his losses already and that next he makes any final, he'll take full advantage of it and win all the finals. Andy has a good 5 years left in him and there are 20 Slams ahead of him and if he gives his best and with the knowledge, confidence and experience he has, he should really feel good about his chances in a final. I am sure there will be new stars rising but facing Federer/Nadal/Djokovic is already a deadly combo and Andy's done good enough so far against them given the pressure, but now that he has more control on things, I can only hope for good things in the future. And this does comfort me when I know that he's always improving and setting new bars all the time, perhaps one step at a time, but this all bound to pay off in the end. Whatever flaws he has in his game, he's very keen on taking care of those. To me, he always comes off as a Champion in the making rather than a Champion born and I really strongly feel that the former is a much harder task than the latter. This was though probably more because he was born into somewhat hostile environment than in a more friendly one, so being born Champion wasn't probably all that given in the first place, but then again, everyone or every situation is unique in its own way. I just want great things to happen to Andy from this point on.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean September 15, 2012, 01:58 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3028 on: September 15, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Tried that BBH, but my scrolling finger was kept getting soooo tired! I very seldom respond like that, but what a dreadful, hurtful  thing to say about Boogers or 'any' Andy fan.   shocking First, she's got Andy deliberately letting two sets go as part of some 'screwball' strategy in the biggest match of his entire life and now 'throwing' matches as well! Insulting another fan like that, is just too much........Especially someone who's been a member of MW way longer than she has! I think she owes Boogers an apology!
I think an apology is due to a lot of people, most importantly Andy himself for what are effectively defamatory remarks.  However I've no doubt that any apology would be so verbose nobody would bother reading it.

Scary!!  lmao

Okay, okay, here's something we all might like...and my new favorite gif:

That's so lovely Earmuffs.  I could never get tired of looking at that one. Smile

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3029 on: September 15, 2012, 02:10 PM »

I doubt Andy read any part of this match thread or cares about what people think of him.

**** happens, ignore the people who you don't like, etc, etc.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »