Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 49709 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #60 on: September 09, 2012, 09:17 PM »

One thing I am positive about was Djokovic's mindset today. Against Ferrer, he seemed content to let the Spaniard dictate, and I think Murray is more likely to punish with more variety and better execution.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #61 on: September 09, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Just pray Andy comes out with the right mindset and that his nerves are very much under his firm control. That's all he needs.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #62 on: September 09, 2012, 09:22 PM »

It really won't be that disappointing  if Andy loses. tbh people.  Yes it will be heart breaking in some parts.  But Andy has had a fabulous year in the slams.  and the Olympics Very Happy  ( still can't get it over the Olympics )  nope.  he might lose tomrrow  so don't get too down.  Andy will have a great match no doubt.  he is a much better player than he was in AO 2011.  Much more prepared mentally.  Andy won't go down without a fight  yay  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #63 on: September 09, 2012, 09:26 PM »

I am just not sure how I am going to get any work done tomorrow. I am nervous as hell and overly excited. I'll be leaving at 2 from work and should be here by 3:30pm, so that's been taken care of, but still, I think I'll be everywhere mentally but here where I needed to be ..... the whole day, until the match starts. Oh well...it comes with the territory after all.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #64 on: September 09, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Same point in there careers as they were in Cincinatti 08, hopefully the same result.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #65 on: September 09, 2012, 09:38 PM »

Just seen an interview with nole on sky sports & he described Andy as his very good friend off the court. Great repoorting from the sun newspaper yesterday claiming Nole said Andy must become his enemy because he see's him as a real threat.
Boris Becker & Greg Rudeski predicting an Andy win & Annabel Croft is on the fence
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #66 on: September 09, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Just seen an interview with nole on sky sports & he described Andy as his very good friend off the court. Great repoorting from the sun newspaper yesterday claiming Nole said Andy must become his enemy because he see's him as a real threat.
Boris Becker & Greg Rudeski predicting an Andy win & Annabel Croft is on the fence

She should always be on the fence, really but I get the feeling she doesn't like Nole.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #67 on: September 09, 2012, 09:43 PM »

He can win this. He has the talent in spades It's as I said before the Olympic Final the prize is within his grasp, and is there for the taking. If he wants it enough he just needs to go out there and take it. NJ won the AO, lost the F.O. Final, was knocked out in the Winbledon Semi's, got nothing in the Olympics, and has now reached the final here. Fed AO Semi, FO Semi, Wimbledon Winner, Olympic Runner up, QF here.  Nadal AO runner up, FO Winner, Winbledon out in R2 and nothing since then. Murray AO Semi, FO QF, Wimbledon Final, Olympic Gold, and Finalist here. If he does lose and thinks badly of himself, somebody will need to smack him. He is completely up there with the top men. There is absolutely no reason at all that he can't win tomorrow.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #68 on: September 09, 2012, 09:47 PM »

EJ - Djokovic won in Miami as well.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #69 on: September 09, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Problem..... Been waiting years..... bloody years to down my bottle of champers.
Now if our Andrew...  NO, when our Andrew wins tomorrow , I'm stuffed cause I leave my house at 6 am in the morning so will be well over the limit when Andy wins and every one would know if I phone in sick what the real reason is....After all these years from the very start sweating swearing, worrying tenfold...drinking too much red causing liver damage, yet to be proven I hasten to add but I can feel it...Why oh bloody why it couldn't it have been today?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #70 on: September 09, 2012, 09:50 PM »

Couple of articles about the upcoming clash:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/09/andy-murray-us-open-final?newsfeed=true

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/sep/09/andy-murray-novak-djokovic-us-open-final?newsfeed=true
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #71 on: September 09, 2012, 09:50 PM »

Djokovic on Murray: "Most of our matches that we played against each other were very close, & only small margins decide the winner.

The two watched the Scotland - Serbia game with each other.  awww Smile

Nole gave Judy a hug  as the 2 camps met at practice today
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #72 on: September 09, 2012, 09:53 PM »

I'm as anxious as anything, doubt I'll sleep much tonight. Andy has the talent to win and he's improved in mental strength. That's the only thing between him and USO trophy. I didnt expect a GS win before the end of this year at the earliest, it was too soon in the Murray - Lendl partnership. Since I'm in a reflective mood tonight, I've turned to poetry to calm my nerves. This suits the occasion, IMO.

If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

~Kipling

May the tennis gods be with you tomorrow Andy.
[ Last edit by lashurst September 09, 2012, 10:15 PM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #73 on: September 09, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Problem..... Been waiting years..... bloody years to down my bottle of champers.
Now if our Andrew...  NO, when our Andrew wins tomorrow , I'm stuffed cause I leave my house at 6 am in the morning so will be well over the limit when Andy wins and every one would know if I phone in sick what the real reason is....After all these years from the very start sweating swearing, worrying tenfold...drinking too much red causing liver damage, yet to be proven I hasten to add but I can feel it...Why oh bloody why it couldn't it have been today?
It's Sods law, Robbie.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #74 on: September 09, 2012, 09:57 PM »

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »