Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 48170 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #90 on: September 09, 2012, 11:06 PM »

Honestly think you're getting the wrong end of the stick here.

And even if not, please keep to topic. Smile
Not convinced I am getting the wrong end of the stick. However apologies, I shouldn't let the little twerp wind me up :-).
On topic I am remarkably unstressed by this. I can't see any reason why he can't win this. The stats support a win I.e. he is neck and neck with NJ in what he has achieved this year in the major tournaments. The fact he didn't let the pressure get to him in the Olympic Semi or Final, his performance this tournament - not perfect by any means, but on the big points, he has come through. Even when his opponents havn't read the script e.g. Lopez. Watching many of the points Ferrer handed meekly over to NJ, I thought Murray would have finished them before NJ got started.

Equally if it is not tommorow, it will be next year. He has made such gigantic strides this year.  I have my faith in Lendl's preparation of his runner. Not sure I will watch tomorrow though, but I might. Certainly I will not be panicking as I was before the Berdych match. I still feel that it is up to him, if he wants it enough then let him take it.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #91 on: September 09, 2012, 11:27 PM »

9pm. Smile

Awesome,I finish at work at 10 and I hope I will not miss a lot.
IP Logged
gilbys angel
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #92 on: September 09, 2012, 11:33 PM »

Ditto, Masaka.  It's Andy's to take.  Both players will be nervous but, all things being equal, Andy has more tricks in his bag.  He's showed he can handle the nerves and play the tough points.  I'm looking forward to a great match and, if it's good tennis, I hope it goes five sets...as long as our boy wins!!
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #93 on: September 09, 2012, 11:42 PM »

I trust Andy can win it tomorrow Olympic style.

Just had to re-watch the final against Fed just to see the type of tennis I hope Andy will bring to tomorrow's final.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #94 on: September 09, 2012, 11:53 PM »

I trust Andy can win it tomorrow Olympic style.

Just had to re-watch the final against Fed just to see the type of tennis I hope Andy will bring to tomorrow's final.

I watched the 3rd set again today. Could watch it over and over again. He played so well.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #95 on: September 09, 2012, 11:57 PM »

Actually think it's very important that no one gets fixated on the possibility of him losing his first 5 GS Finals, (although I genuinely don't think it will happen), Murray is an invidual who progresses at his own pace. If he needs to go into 2013 for his first one, then so be it. He is competing at a really strong period in men's tennis.  He also has the misfortune to come from a country that hasn't produced a trully decent male tennis player for donkeys years. He is the first Brit to get to a men's GS final in 70 odd years, much less more than one.  70 years since there was a Brit in the men's singles final at Wimbledon, a century since there was any tennis singles medal much less a gold. If by any chance he doesn't emerge victorious tomorrow night, we on this Forum need to shout from the rooftops just how proud we are of what Andrew Murray has achieved this year, as realistically the lone representative of men's tennis in this country.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #96 on: September 10, 2012, 12:06 AM »

Good posting! he doesn't get anything like enough credit for all he has achieved and far more than his fair share of criticism.  I'm glad some of that seems to be changing now though - finally!

I'm not sure if I can watch (or more likely follow online) because of work commitments the following day. I'll probably be kicking myself on Tuesday morning...
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #97 on: September 10, 2012, 01:27 AM »

Actually think it's very important that no one gets fixated on the possibility of him losing his first 5 GS Finals, (although I genuinely don't think it will happen), Murray is an invidual who progresses at his own pace. If he needs to go into 2013 for his first one, then so be it. He is competing at a really strong period in men's tennis.  He also has the misfortune to come from a country that hasn't produced a trully decent male tennis player for donkeys years. He is the first Brit to get to a men's GS final in 70 odd years, much less more than one.  70 years since there was a Brit in the men's singles final at Wimbledon, a century since there was any tennis singles medal much less a gold. If by any chance he doesn't emerge victorious tomorrow night, we on this Forum need to shout from the rooftops just how proud we are of what Andrew Murray has achieved this year, as realistically the lone representative of men's tennis in this country.

Yeh absolutely, proud no matter what. Andy has been phenomenal all summer. and theres still WTF after US to look forward too.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #98 on: September 10, 2012, 01:39 AM »

Best of luck, Baby. You know you can do it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #99 on: September 10, 2012, 02:19 AM »

I wonder what kind of a H2H picture we'll wake up to tomorrow?
Bev will have to do her duty.
Better make it a good one Bev, befitting the occasion! hug

Meanwhile I'm off to bed folks. So nighty, night, you lot and of course to the most important person in the world tonight: Andy Murray!

Will have to do when I get home since I've been out at lunch time today.  So should be on about 7 am UK time, 8 am your time.  And oh, the pressure! lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #100 on: September 10, 2012, 02:27 AM »

Bevybaby.. are you going to be able to watch live? FTLOG you've earned it. yes

As to H2H: Can you make it an ugly pic of Nole, and a handsome (and preferably shirtless) one of Andy, please Very Happy
[ Last edit by scotnadian September 10, 2012, 02:47 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #101 on: September 10, 2012, 03:45 AM »

Bevybaby.. are you going to be able to watch live? FTLOG you've earned it. yes

no Crying or Very sad  At work fainting

As to H2H: Can you make it an ugly pic of Nole, and a handsome (and preferably shirtless) one of Andy, please Very Happy

So you don't want one of Nole doing his hulk impression? And Andy his Borat one? lmao
[ Last edit by Bevc September 10, 2012, 04:00 AM ] IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #102 on: September 10, 2012, 04:13 AM »

Looking at Andy's h2h on hardcorts it's 6 to 5 so it is Andy's turn. Plus beating him in the Olympics has to give him confidence. And finally Lendl and Andy will have a plan. Oh and another thing, Andy had a losing record to two of his opponents to get to this final and he defeated them both. This is a different Andy so we all have to send him good vibes and have faith that he will give his best.

So good luck Andy, you have as many chances to win this slam as nole. Let your racquet do the talking, may you have great serves and fantastic returns. May the force be with you Andy, we all love you.  cmonandy racquet
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #103 on: September 10, 2012, 05:23 AM »

I think I'm more excited/nervous for this one than any of the other 4. This is the one!

16 hours is too long to wait. I'm getting nothing done at work Smile
IP Logged
AmyLiz9
Junior

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #104 on: September 10, 2012, 05:41 AM »

I'm a little nervous about this match, don't know how I'm going to handle watching it, especially if he starts the way he has been. But I've got confidence, this is finally the one. There is no way I'm going to be able to pay attention in school. C'mon Andy! The New York crowd seems to love Andy so hopefully they'll be behind Andy more than Nole.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »