Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 46241 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2940 on: September 13, 2012, 09:27 PM »

Most people seem to think that Andy only picked his game up in the 5th set and after he went to the toilet but really it was towards the end of the 4th set that his mindset changed and his game picked up. Lendl agreed with this and said he saw the change in the 4th set as well and he thought Andy was actually going to break back that set.

Andy was very good throughout the 4th set so was Nole. The only difference was, Nole was already leading with a break where Andy played a bit of sloppy tennis in the first game. He was very on since 3-4 down and was coming very close to break Nole. It didn’t happen but that there was absolutely no sign of Andy giving up at all or not playing well.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2941 on: September 14, 2012, 10:31 AM »

Most people seem to think that Andy only picked his game up in the 5th set and after he went to the toilet but really it was towards the end of the 4th set that his mindset changed and his game picked up. Lendl agreed with this and said he saw the change in the 4th set as well and he thought Andy was actually going to break back that set.

I thought Andy had said something that when he went for the bathroom break he thought that he couldn't let it happen again, that he was going to leave everything out on the court and fight with every last fibre (or words to that effect).
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2942 on: September 14, 2012, 11:43 AM »

I took a lot of slack for saying that Andy tanked that match so yes, I do remember and was waiting for this moment since then on. Very Happy

I thought the Chardy match was similar to losing to Mahut in Queens, the slam is all that matters and it was expected that Mahut and Chardy wanted a statement win over Andy. Mahut usually performs well in Queens and then nowhere to be seen (apart from RG earlier against Fed) and Chardy pretty much only turns up for Cincy and Paris Masters.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2943 on: September 14, 2012, 01:05 PM »

I'd completely forgotten about the Chardy match to be honest. Interesting how his two best Slam performances have come after two of his worst losses in the build-up tournaments where he normally wins.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2944 on: September 14, 2012, 01:14 PM »

I thought Andy had said something that when he went for the bathroom break he thought that he couldn't let it happen again, that he was going to leave everything out on the court and fight with every last fibre (or words to that effect).

Yep, there was a link of an article that said about this...I forgot where I put it...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2945 on: September 14, 2012, 04:22 PM »

I'd completely forgotten about the Chardy match to be honest. Interesting how his two best Slam performances have come after two of his worst losses in the build-up tournaments where he normally wins.

You should go back and read it all. One of your posts kind of upset me but I shrugged it off keeping in mind that you too tend get to negative at times. Otherwise you are perfect. lololol
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2946 on: September 14, 2012, 04:42 PM »

With regards to the Chardy match and his overall performances in the masters events this year, i really do think that his focus this year was on getting his grand slam win, he seemed to put all his efforts into the slams this year and the masters events suffered as a result, wether this is due to not being motivated enough for them or whatever i now sincerely hope that now he has won a major, he will now try and start being focused for every event he enters.

I personally think he will, he needs to find a consistency for the whole year if he wants to challenge for the number 1 position. I was a bit concerned about how his motivation would be for the remainder of the year but having read a few articles online, he states that he has new goals and wants to be competitive for the next 4 or 5 years of his proffesional life.

I must admit i am also suffering from post grand slam win blues lol, my support of Andy was always to do with wanting him to win a major, and now he's done it i felt a bit empty for the last couple of days but now from reading what he's been saying about his new goals feel a bit better.

I will always watch him now in a stress free way, whereas before there was so much tension watching his matches in the slam events, i watched the Wimbledon final and that did it for me, i couldn't bring myself to watch the matches he played in the USO apart from the first couple of rounds up to the Raonic match, i wussed out on the final but from now on i feel like i want to watch his progress from now on without having to worry so much about his performances, as if there is one thing that this tournament has proved to me, is that Andy can win even when he's not playing his best tennis. From now on i expect a more aggressive confident Mr Murray and look forward to his future.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2947 on: September 14, 2012, 04:44 PM »

You should go back and read it all. One of your posts kind of upset me but I shrugged it off keeping in mind that you too tend get to negative at times. Otherwise you are perfect. lololol
Which post was that? I was pissed at the performance but I don't remember getting carried away and I don't think I made any references to his USO chances after what had happened at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2948 on: September 14, 2012, 04:51 PM »

Which post was that? I was pissed at the performance but I don't remember getting carried away and I don't think I made any references to his USO chances after what had happened at Wimbledon.

It was a post where you agreed with boogers. boogers was as usual giving a go at me. Just like teejay was called delusional when she said after the 4th said that Andy was going to win in 5 and win the USO. I got really pissed at some posters after the Chardy match as well but thought I'd save it for last. And here we are. tadah! lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2949 on: September 14, 2012, 05:01 PM »

I am just a very positive person overall. It's not something I was born with but something I've decided to be. I look for something positive in most negative environment even when the whole world is falling apart. I look for silver lining all the time. I've trained myself not to focus on negative things. I don't even let the thoughts come in to my mind. I am aware of it and I kill it as soon as they start to show their heads. There's no place for them in my mind. And when something terrible happens, I always think ‘it's happening for a reason and the reason is still yet unknown to me, but I am sure, in time, I will find out’. And when I look back to that particular incident, I see how things have shaped up since then and I see why it had happened in the first place. I really, really enjoy observing and making notes. I never hang out with negative people though I love to hang out with people who are more fragile, so that I can help them in some way. And the reasons why I am saying all this is because I think it sometimes help some people who are constantly looking for some kind of assurance.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2950 on: September 14, 2012, 05:05 PM »

I've just had a look at the posts after the match had finished and I see nothing there that I feel wasn't relevant at the time, mostly talk about the rankings. Shrug
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2951 on: September 14, 2012, 05:07 PM »

I've just had a look at the posts after the match had finished and I see nothing there that I feel wasn't relevant at the time, mostly talk about the rankings. Shrug

I'll post it for you.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2952 on: September 14, 2012, 05:15 PM »

With regards to the Chardy match and his overall performances in the masters events this year, i really do think that his focus this year was on getting his grand slam win, he seemed to put all his efforts into the slams this year and the masters events suffered as a result, wether this is due to not being motivated enough for them or whatever i now sincerely hope that now he has won a major, he will now try and start being focused for every event he enters.

I personally think he will, he needs to find a consistency for the whole year if he wants to challenge for the number 1 position. I was a bit concerned about how his motivation would be for the remainder of the year but having read a few articles online, he states that he has new goals and wants to be competitive for the next 4 or 5 years of his proffesional life.

I must admit i am also suffering from post grand slam win blues lol, my support of Andy was always to do with wanting him to win a major, and now he's done it i felt a bit empty for the last couple of days but now from reading what he's been saying about his new goals feel a bit better.

I will always watch him now in a stress free way, whereas before there was so much tension watching his matches in the slam events, i watched the Wimbledon final and that did it for me, i couldn't bring myself to watch the matches he played in the USO apart from the first couple of rounds up to the Raonic match, i wussed out on the final but from now on i feel like i want to watch his progress from now on without having to worry so much about his performances, as if there is one thing that this tournament has proved to me, is that Andy can win even when he's not playing his best tennis. From now on i expect a more aggressive confident Mr Murray and look forward to his future.

I don't think you need to worry too much-Andy himself seems very aware of the need for consistency if he wants to keep rising up in the rankings.He's addressed it in a couple of interviews I've been reading:

"Andy Murray has admitted he will need to work on his consistency if he is to achieve his next aim of becoming world No. 1.

Murray's performances at the slams have been excellent, but he knows that to take on the top spot he has to deliver consistent quality throughout the year.

"I know how hard it is to win one, it has taken a long time, so I will just keep working hard and see what happens," Murray said upon his return to Heathrow.

"I want to win as much as possible, to try and get to No. 1 if possible, but it takes a lot of winning and a lot of hard work. To do that you need to be mentally strong for a whole year. I have been a bit inconsistent outside of the grand slams. I need to improve on that."
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2953 on: September 14, 2012, 05:18 PM »

I still think that losing the Chardy match was a strategic loss.  If it was it paid off big time!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #2954 on: September 14, 2012, 05:45 PM »

It took me 3 days to recover from this win. I usually take less time to recover from any GS final loss.  shocking
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »