Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic  (Read 40094 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3000 on: September 14, 2012, 09:47 PM »

I know right.   shocking  fed being Nice to Andy.  that's unheard of.   the Fed fans  still do my nut in tho.     
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3001 on: September 15, 2012, 12:27 AM »

I'm actually starting to think this, too. It started out as a grudging admiration, but I seriously believe Federer actually likes Andy. His behaviour after the Wimby final was quite commendable, I thought.

You cannot be serious!!!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3002 on: September 15, 2012, 01:28 AM »

I'm actually starting to think this, too. It started out as a grudging admiration, but I seriously believe Federer actually likes Andy. His behaviour after the Wimby final was quite commendable, I thought.
Andy's victory is making you soft grabcopy!  I really don't think he does but he knew at Wimby he had to treat him with rather more respect than he's done in the past.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3003 on: September 15, 2012, 01:32 AM »

Bit like Federer in 08, then, when Murray played a punishing match vs Nadal the day before the final and Federer put his feet up? These things happen. It's swings and roundabouts.

Of course but he's a genuine hater so no point having a civil discussion with him and he's not even a Federer fan. He's your average betting man who I believe lost some money after he picked Andy to win a couple of times. I am sure there's a history behind his hatred but who cares, really. I just wanted to rub it in. It was time.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3004 on: September 15, 2012, 01:35 AM »

Andy's victory is making you soft grabcopy!  I really don't think he does but he knew at Wimby he had to treat him with rather more respect than he's done in the past.
He didn't really dare do anything else.  The lynch mob would have been after his blood!  But he's shown his true colours now by being the only person of any significance not to have congratulated Andy on his USO win - unless he's done it privately.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3005 on: September 15, 2012, 01:41 AM »

I think he really does. Yes, he's a bit self absorbed but I think that's because he's very proud of his achievements so he comes a bit smuggish. I don't think he likes at all the way Nole celebrates his victories and also, he probably doesn't think Nadal is all that complete as a player, but by that I don't think he means disrespect. Anyway, I think he has more respect for Andy as a player and I guess he likes how low key Andy is. He's idol is Sampras after all and Pete never really celebrated any of his victories in a very obnoxious or flamboyant way. I think in Basel, last year, he was trying to tell Andy that he couldn't simply just show up like that and because he plans everything way ahead of time, he probably thought that was a very instant decision that wasn't going to benefit Andy in any ways. His approach wasn't right but I think that's what he meant.

Let's just say Federer is a very opinionated person just like we all are in some ways.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3006 on: September 15, 2012, 01:53 AM »

200 pages. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3007 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25 AM »

Also more than 3000 posts.  A landmark but expected as Andy's just won his first Slam. More to come!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3008 on: September 15, 2012, 02:37 AM »

I hope, if he were ever to read my in-match comments, that he realises that I love him like the little brother I never had and that my negativity is because I care so much that it makes it easier to prepare myself for defeat. Crying or Very sad

Never doubted your sincerity, really, when it came to Andy and I don't think Andy will either. I do think very highly of Andy. However, boogers can be a bit much and perhaps Andy wouldn't bother too much about having fans like him. But at the same time, I wouldn't know what boogers is all about, really. Maybe he was just too frustrated. It'd been some really long years.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3009 on: September 15, 2012, 03:01 AM »

Most people seem to think that Andy only picked his game up in the 5th set and after he went to the toilet but really it was towards the end of the 4th set that his mindset changed and his game picked up. Lendl agreed with this and said he saw the change in the 4th set as well and he thought Andy was actually going to break back that set.

I agree with that..... i thought from around the middle of the 4th set Andy was the dominating player. He just got back ontop a little late in the 4th to take it...was close tho.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3010 on: September 15, 2012, 03:23 AM »

Never doubted your sincerity, really, when it came to Andy and I don't think Andy will either. I do think very highly of Andy. However, boogers can be a bit much and perhaps Andy wouldn't bother too much about having fans like him. But at the same time, I wouldn't know what boogers is all about, really. Maybe he was just too frustrated. It'd been some really long years.
I'm convinced Boogers' negativity is his coping mechanism.  Hopefully he might be a bit more positive now.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3011 on: September 15, 2012, 07:38 AM »

'and perhaps Andy wouldn't bother too much about having fans like him.'  Oh My God! What an awful thing to say!  shocking Well that just shows that you don't know Andy very well either. As he's clearly not one for 'self obsession', he'd choose Boogers over you any day! Now I remember why I almost stopped posting on these threads! I agree with Joe wholeheartedly. You talk b******t..........and there's sooooooo much of it! Verbal diarrhoea!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3012 on: September 15, 2012, 07:49 AM »

@ Caz
Just be like me honey, if a post goes over a certain length....why I just scroll on down Whistle
Don't quite know why we're on here judging/evaluating other people's commitment, or lack of it, to Andy.
We should be  band
IP Logged
Earmuffs
Challenger Level

I have been temperate always

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3013 on: September 15, 2012, 08:07 AM »

I've just watched the match from start to finish whilst reading the comments here from the beginning. I can only say that:

WE ARE ALL MAD! The cursing, the insults, the exultation, the despair, the hope, the disbelief, the babies-wanting - it made me quite teary-eyed again, to be honest. Smile

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3014 on: September 15, 2012, 08:18 AM »

Tried that BBH, but my scrolling finger was kept getting soooo tired! I very seldom respond like that, but what a dreadful, hurtful  thing to say about Boogers or 'any' Andy fan.   shocking First, she's got Andy deliberately letting two sets go as part of some 'screwball' strategy in the biggest match of his entire life and now 'throwing' matches as well! Insulting another fan like that, is just too much........Especially someone who's been a member of MW way longer than she has! I think she owes Boogers an apology!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »