Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 48231 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3060 on: September 17, 2012, 12:15 PM »

Is it only one week ago? Difficult to believe! One week ago we were looking forward to the match........
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3061 on: September 17, 2012, 12:18 PM »

Is it only one week ago? Difficult to believe! One week ago we were looking forward to the match........
and I still can't believe it, it just hasn't sunk in yet.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3062 on: September 17, 2012, 12:19 PM »

I think it's still sinking in for me that Andy's a slam champion. Smile Was so nervous a week ago about the match, couldn't concentrate on my work all day and it was an anxious wait until 9pm. It was definitely all so worth it though!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3063 on: September 17, 2012, 12:29 PM »

and I still can't believe it, it just hasn't sunk in yet.

It's a really weird feeling isn't it? Even a week later I'm still lying in bed smiling and thinking about it. I'm gazing into space at work replaying match point over and over again in my head. I almost feel like it was something I had worked towards for 6 or 7 years!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3064 on: September 17, 2012, 12:55 PM »

Yes those people who sent hate mail to Andy are just failures in life so karma will come and collect on them one day, the infuriating thing for me is seeing that even after the win, there are still morons who live in great britain who have to nit pick over everything Andy Does.

Take this comment for example i saw on Novak's website

Sarah Melaney · Top Commenter · Poole, Dorset

I would definitely not mind waiting longer for a Brit to win Virginia and I am a Brit he is an embarrassment to me with his bad language on court not an image would want any champion to show children in the future that swearing is acceptable and would much rather the result went the other way.

Reply · 1 · Like

· September 12 at 3:20pm

People like this make me sick
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3065 on: September 17, 2012, 01:00 PM »

Oh and another one

Shivalika Kaushal · Top Commenter

"You don't need your country's Hollywood stars and soccer coaches and politicians etc etc etc recruited in the stadium or press conference rooms before the match to win Grand Slam titles." nods in agreement!

Reply · 3 · Like

· September 11 at 6:08pm

So Andy only won because he had Sean Conenry and alex Ferguson in the house? good lord, i spent most of yesterday going through my collection of youtube vids of Andy and answering all the comments from people saying that Andy would never win a grand slam (well i say answering them, but not sure if "hahaha you failed on that prediction didn't you loser, here have another slice of humble pie" is really answering them Smile)

Anyway, i'm doing my best as a keyboard warrior since Andy won, there are so many people out there trying to spoil the party for Andy on message boards and forums everywhere, so i feel honour bound to stand up to the moronic minority (and it is now a minority)
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3066 on: September 17, 2012, 01:01 PM »

Easier for the boys to be so nonchalant though!!!   Caz 10.53 and Iris 12.02

[ Last edit by Iluvandy September 17, 2012, 01:19 PM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3067 on: September 17, 2012, 01:27 PM »

Oh and another one

Shivalika Kaushal · Top Commenter

"You don't need your country's Hollywood stars and soccer coaches and politicians etc etc etc recruited in the stadium or press conference rooms before the match to win Grand Slam titles." nods in agreement!

Reply · 3 · Like

· September 11 at 6:08pm

So Andy only won because he had Sean Conenry and alex Ferguson in the house? good lord, i spent most of yesterday going through my collection of youtube vids of Andy and answering all the comments from people saying that Andy would never win a grand slam (well i say answering them, but not sure if "hahaha you failed on that prediction didn't you loser, here have another slice of humble pie" is really answering them Smile)

Anyway, i'm doing my best as a keyboard warrior since Andy won, there are so many people out there trying to spoil the party for Andy on message boards and forums everywhere, so i feel honour bound to stand up to the moronic minority (and it is now a minority)

But the point is they cannot spoil the party - Andy won.   I think Nole has had more support from his country than Andy ever had.    I'm sure I read  some time ago he was made an honorary ambassador for Serbia to try to improve their standing in the world.    The bottom line is that Andy has beaten him twice in the last few weeks.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3068 on: September 17, 2012, 04:25 PM »

But the point is they cannot spoil the party - Andy won.   I think Nole has had more support from his country than Andy ever had.    I'm sure I read  some time ago he was made an honorary ambassador for Serbia to try to improve their standing in the world.    The bottom line is that Andy has beaten him twice in the last few weeks.

Andy is fully supported by his home country Scotland. The UK as a whole however ...not so much. Particularly Engerland. I have spoken to many people from there... and its a mixed response to him... they either love him, hate him or tolerate him coz he represents UK. I'm fine with that tho...as I would guess Andy is too... Im Scottish and have always had complete indifference to anything English so Im cool with their indifference... I dont understand the hate tho..sad individuals!  I do find it amusing the haters who target Murray as dour and uncharismatic ..blah blah...I could rattle of a list the length of Wimbledon people who meet that criteria from London alone. Anyway, now that he is a major winner there will be many jump on bandwagon and say they were always fans.
[ Last edit by ABF September 17, 2012, 04:31 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3069 on: September 17, 2012, 04:26 PM »

@ Iluvandy. Exactly clap
No-one can possibly spoil our party. Fingers and tongue.
Let's just laugh at the haters, after all we've had the last laugh lmao
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3070 on: September 17, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Andy is fully supported by his home country Scotland. The UK as a whole however ...not so much. Particularly Engerland. I have spoken to many people from there... and its a mixed response to him... they either love him, hate him or tolerate him coz he represents UK. I'm fine with that tho...as I would guess Andy is too... Im Scottish and have always had complete indifference to anything English so Im cool with their indifference... I dont understand the hate tho..sad individuals!  I do find it amusing the haters who target Murray as dour and uncharismatic ..blah blah...I could rattle of a list the length of Wimbledon people who meet that criteria from London alone. Anyway, now that he is a major winner there will be many jump on bandwagon and say they were always fans.

I don't think you're right about everyone in Scotland supporting Andy ABF - I've come across a fair bit of indifference here and I've also come across many English people who are ardent supporters.  It comes with the territory when you become a celebrity I suppose ..............  you can't please all of the people all of the time - and, in Andy's case, it seems he can't even please all of the people some of the time.  He certainly pleases us though!!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3071 on: September 17, 2012, 05:01 PM »

I don't think you're right about everyone in Scotland supporting Andy ABF - I've come across a fair bit of indifference here and I've also come across many English people who are ardent supporters.  It comes with the territory when you become a celebrity I suppose ..............  you can't please all of the people all of the time - and, in Andy's case, it seems he can't even please all of the people some of the time.  He certainly pleases us though!!

I have good friends who either dislike Andy or are totally indifferent but they tend either not to watch tennis at all or only during Wimbledon with perhaps Queens thrown in.
They are amazed when I tell them of things like Fed's bad behaviour - it tends not to happen during Wimby - and they are amazed that there will be tennis in Japan next month!!!
I would have thought Scots at least would look beyond some of the masks and see the person.   But no.    But who saw the sweet boy in Dunblane yesterday who said "It was nice to see Andy smile.    I've never seen him smile before".   
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3072 on: September 17, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Yeah ... but of the scots that show indifference they were probably never tennis fans anyway. Perhaps not even sports fans. Tennis was a low percentage middle-to-upper class minority sport in Scotland until Andy Murray turned up. Sport is dominated by either Football or Rugby. I used to follow Football and Rugby predominantly .... until I discovered footballers were nothing other than overpaid idiots for the most part. I always watched wimbeldon when i was a wee boy...and then when i heard of andy murray in his junior days ...tracked his progress with keen interest and quickly became a big fan. These days i am predominantly interested in Tennis and Rugby with football much less so.
I'm digressing... but I think if there is any indifference in scotland ..they probably arent into sport or see tennis as an unrelatable 'snobby' sport.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3073 on: September 17, 2012, 05:44 PM »

Yeah ... but of the scots that show indifference they were probably never tennis fans anyway. Perhaps not even sports fans. Tennis was a low percentage middle-to-upper class minority sport in Scotland until Andy Murray turned up. Sport is dominated by either Football or Rugby. I used to follow Football and Rugby predominantly .... until I discovered footballers were nothing other than overpaid idiots for the most part. I always watched wimbeldon when i was a wee boy...and then when i heard of andy murray in his junior days ...tracked his progress with keen interest and quickly became a big fan. These days i am predominantly interested in Tennis and Rugby with football much less so.
I'm digressing... but I think if there is any indifference in scotland ..they probably arent into sport or see tennis as an unrelatable 'snobby' sport.

You're right ABF I have never met a tennis fan who disliked Andy.    They all adore him, but Wimbledon fans - now that is another kettle of  fish.   They seem to go for Fed.   But sports fans in general can be indifferent or even hostile. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3074 on: September 17, 2012, 05:55 PM »

I'm a huge Murray fan and I'm English. Just saying. I've always wanted the other home nations to do well in sport, never understood the bitter rivalry. As far as I'm concerned Murray represents Great Britain.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »