Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 47556 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3075 on: September 17, 2012, 05:57 PM »

I think a fair few of the Wimbledon 'watchers' are probably not even tennis fans and know very little about it. They're just out on a jolly, courtesy of some company or other!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3076 on: September 17, 2012, 06:09 PM »

I'm a huge Murray fan and I'm English. Just saying. I've always wanted the other home nations to do well in sport, never understood the bitter rivalry. As far as I'm concerned Murray represents Great Britain.

Yeah ... and fair enough... I have many great friends from England... I dont want to get into a debate on patriotism. Be English be proud...be Scottish be proud etc. Im Scottish and feel no connection to being British. I feel Scottish and thats that... and im happy with that. Some Scots do ...some dont...always been like that and I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

I admire Andy Murray as a person and as a tennis player...he's scottish and thats a bonus to me. 1st and formost ....Andy is a fantastic tennis player who hasnt even reached his full potential yet. Anyone who slates Andy's tennis ability doesnt understand tennis.... and anyone who displays hate towards him is an idiot.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3077 on: September 17, 2012, 06:47 PM »

Im a hugh Andy Murray fan and im English,always have been a huge fan and always will be.Not all the English dislike Andy Murray.I have many friends who like and respect him for who he is and what a great player he is.Its disrespectful to say that the English dont like Andy as lots do,there will always be people who do like him and people who dont,your never going to change that.But for the people who dont like him thats there loss.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3078 on: September 17, 2012, 07:41 PM »

Well TMH.......Maybe with the remaining band of grouchers, we should just treat it as a dog would do!! Sniff it.....and if you can't eat it or bonk it, just pee on it and walk away!  Whistle
You have such a delicate way with words, Caz! Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3079 on: September 18, 2012, 12:35 AM »

Mine hasn't sunk in at all. I constantly feel there's something that needs to be done for this to totally sink in but I haven't got a clue. I do feel very sluggish and I am also very sleepy like all the time. I am not sure if that's part of the process that's going on. It'd been a long wait so I guess it will take some time to recover as well. Don't see myself all up and running for Andy's next tournament but I guess once it starts, I'll probably feel different and will slowly get into things. Hopefully...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3080 on: September 18, 2012, 01:20 AM »

and I still can't believe it, it just hasn't sunk in yet.
Me too Iris and because I've seen so little media coverage I keep having to log on to MW to prove to myself it wasn't all a dream!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3081 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22 AM »

Anyway, i'm doing my best as a keyboard warrior since Andy won, there are so many people out there trying to spoil the party for Andy on message boards and forums everywhere, so i feel honour bound to stand up to the moronic minority (and it is now a minority)

well done keyboard warrier - keep up the good fight!  I think andy is a much more complex character than many other tennis greats and that's one of a number of reasons why he divides opinion. In the GB context it's also about class and nation I believe.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3082 on: September 18, 2012, 02:06 AM »

well done keyboard warrier - keep up the good fight!  I think andy is a much more complex character than many other tennis greats and that's one of a number of reasons why he divides opinion. In the GB context it's also about class and nation I believe.

I will Ruthie!! i have noticed one thing though, on the official ATP site there was quite a lot more good will comments towards Andy as opposed to detrimental comments, and most of the murray haters even conceded that they were impressed with his win. I think the majority of sport fans are somewat fickle when it comes to who they support, once somebody becomes a winner, all of a sudden their interest piques - i guess this is why Federer is so popular, it's the same principle with people who support man utd or Barcelona, they like to be associated with winners. I personally have supported Andy Murray because i saw the potential, and was adamant that he could be a GS champ and that was part of the charm for me, supporting the underdog, or seeing something special in someone and hoping that one day they would prove people wrong, and thank god he did it!! .Of course now though i can almost guarantee that should Andy get knocked out of the Japan open in the first or second round, the usual sniping from the haters will beging again but hey that's nothing new, that same principle is applied to every other top ten tennis star, i see lots of anti- fed or anti-Novak on forums just as much as i see anti muzza comments, i'm just glad they can no longer label him a failure at winning slams anymore.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3083 on: September 18, 2012, 03:40 AM »

Just incase anyone needs a quick refresher on just how great a tennis player Andy is....

..and to think he's gonna get even better  w00t
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3084 on: September 18, 2012, 08:22 AM »

Thank you for that.  Did anyone else notice the little boy in the last Wimby match?  I am sure it was the one that Andy hugged this year.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3085 on: September 18, 2012, 09:55 AM »

ABF......Thanks for the link to that great video.......loved it!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3086 on: September 18, 2012, 10:11 AM »

Thank you for that.  Did anyone else notice the little boy in the last Wimby match?  I am sure it was the one that Andy hugged this year.

Tamila, not the same, the boy this year had blonde hair!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3087 on: September 18, 2012, 10:32 AM »

Yeah ... and fair enough... I have many great friends from England... I dont want to get into a debate on patriotism. Be English be proud...be Scottish be proud etc. Im Scottish and feel no connection to being British. I feel Scottish and thats that... and im happy with that. Some Scots do ...some dont...always been like that and I doubt it'll change anytime soon.

Think

Anyway, I'll always be an Andy supporter, through good and bad, through days and mostly nights yawn and looking forward to what may come. cmon yeah

IP Logged
ausia
Futures Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3088 on: September 18, 2012, 10:52 AM »

I feel so strange, i feel almost lost, i feel like i just entered in a new dimension...i don't know how to explain it. Things are different now. There are things that never change and you live in a sort of static reality that represents also a safety. I don't want to say that he couldn't win a slam: i prayed for it, for him...for long time because i knew he wanted it but it never happened. So, i began to trust in a bad destiny...i began to accept it, to find it normal and now...after many years of hope...i don't know....i can barely trust that it's true. It's seems so strange, so new. I've never felt this way before...this incredible happiness mixed with a little of bewilderment and confusion and dismay.....sometimes i ask myself: what's happening??
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3089 on: September 18, 2012, 11:10 AM »

I'm a huge Murray fan and I'm English. Just saying. I've always wanted the other home nations to do well in sport, never understood the bitter rivalry. As far as I'm concerned Murray represents Great Britain.

Good posting!

That's me too.  There are English haters that can't stand anything Scottish and Scottish haters who return the favour the other direction ... both sets of people are idiots in my opinion.  Life's too short to hate (though I'll indulge in dislike occasionally, but it's generally based on character, never based on nationality of the player).

Andy plays a beautiful, brainy game.  It's like watching extremely fast chess!  Anybody who professes to be a tennis lover and understands the nuances of the sport couldn't fail to appreciate his game - I'm a supporter because of that, and also because Andy's one of the most genuine, down-to-earth celebrities in the spotlight I've ever seen.  I have tremendous admiration for his guts, determination and talent, and am so excited to see what's in store for his future.

He's also the same age as my little brother and very similar in temperament, so I'll admit to feeling rather older-sister protective of him too. Smile  That said, he does brush up rather nicely.  Little tongue man
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »