Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 48639 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3105 on: September 29, 2012, 03:53 PM »

I would bet my house on Andy not being satisfied with what he's achieved, Elly.
I agree Andy has already said that he will work to win more slams and will work very hard to be more consistent in order to be no 1. He certainly doesn't want to be a one slam wonder. The monkey is off his back he will trying to win as many tournaments as he can, he will have the confidence to do so, and the respect and aura in the locker room.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3106 on: September 29, 2012, 04:15 PM »

V interesting analysis Philip - thanks for that.   I agree with those who say that now the winning a GS monkey is off Andy's back - and in what circumstances - it will free Andy up mentally to play the kind of tennis he is truly capable of.   I do believe that winning in the way he did rather than in straight sets will have convinced him he does have the mental strength that he has sometimes doubted in himself and that the rest of us have too.  
And I'm sure Mr L won't let him rest on any laurels should he even be contemplating doing so, which I doubt. While he has said he'd retire happy now, he also made clear he wants to play for another five years, body willing, and stay at the top of the game.   What a five years this could be for us AM fans.  We should savour it as it will go all too quickly.  
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3107 on: October 02, 2012, 12:09 AM »

Has anyone else watched the final again yet? I just keep skipping to bits of the match I liked and can't stop watching them!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3108 on: October 02, 2012, 02:15 AM »

Yes I have actually watched all 5 hours of it hahaha. It is on YouTube in relatively good HD quality.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3109 on: October 02, 2012, 11:30 AM »

Has anyone else watched the final again yet? I just keep skipping to bits of the match I liked and can't stop watching them!
No I'm waiting for the dvd to arrive as prefer to watch on tv than on pc.  DVDs cost only £8 which I think is good value for something I'll treasure for ever
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3110 on: October 02, 2012, 11:46 AM »

Where can you get the dvds Ruthie?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3111 on: October 02, 2012, 11:47 AM »

If it comes out on Bluray, I'll get it. I'm watching it right now on my laptop, in a University lecture.... Doh.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3112 on: October 02, 2012, 04:16 PM »

If it comes out on Bluray, I'll get it. I'm watching it right now on my laptop, in a University lecture.... Doh.
the dvd website does bluray prodigyeng.  TJ posted website address on another thread, which I know you've now picked up dani, but forget which one it is prodigyeng
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3113 on: October 02, 2012, 04:36 PM »

I watched the whole thing again and was delighted to find that even though he lost 3 and 4, he remained strong and didn't 'dip' too badly as I'd thought! Probably something to do with not being wracked by anxiety and also being sober the second time!  Whistle
[ Last edit by Caz October 02, 2012, 06:24 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3114 on: October 02, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Found it with a google search ruthie. Thanks Very Happy
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3115 on: October 02, 2012, 05:03 PM »

I agree Andy has already said that he will work to win more slams and will work very hard to be more consistent in order to be no 1. He certainly doesn't want to be a one slam wonder. The monkey is off his back he will trying to win as many tournaments as he can, he will have the confidence to do so, and the respect and aura in the locker room.

I think this is dead right - and I know I keep harping on but having the elusive Olympic gold already is a real driver for the Golden Slam, like his hero Agassi - I bet he really  pushes for that and I think he might do it, too. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3116 on: October 02, 2012, 05:06 PM »

If he wins the golden slam I will eat my hat. I am a huge Murray fan, but I just don't see him winning the French :/
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3117 on: October 02, 2012, 06:27 PM »

If he wins the golden slam I will eat my hat. I am a huge Murray fan, but I just don't see him winning the French :/
Well, I hope it's a big floppy straw one with flowers on!  Yum! And we'll expect a video!  w00t
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3118 on: October 02, 2012, 06:28 PM »

You heard it here first, I will eat a hat, a straw one, with flowers on lmao. Knowing my luck he'll win the other three next year lmao
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3119 on: October 02, 2012, 06:35 PM »

You heard it here first, I will eat a hat, a straw one, with flowers on lmao. Knowing my luck he'll win the other three next year lmao
  Don't worry Prodigy, we won't hold you to it - if it happens we'll be celebrating too much to care.  partyman
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »