Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 47173 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3135 on: October 03, 2012, 05:12 PM »

Lmao Robbie..

Just read that they get a Replica but it's the exact size of the actual trophy. This makes sense considering I saw a video of the actual sized one being made...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3136 on: October 03, 2012, 05:16 PM »

What does he actually get to take home with him? I read something that said the winner of the US Open gets to keep the trophy each year. Then on one of his interviews post win he said he doesn't get to have the trophy at all, he just gets a replica. Anyone know what will actually end up keeping his Gold Medal company?

He gets a replica of the trophy.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3137 on: October 23, 2012, 04:53 PM »

Wasn't quite sure where to put this , but here seemed the most appropriate place.
This t-shirt was designed to celebrate Andy's USO win.
Certainly interesting.
http://www.madeinthenow.com/#shirt/374.html?&_suid=791

* 6660_47.jpg (594.51 KB, 1200x1200 - viewed 116 times.)
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3138 on: October 23, 2012, 05:34 PM »

According to "Maggie's" twitter,the replica trophy hasn't arrived yet-I wonder how long these things take?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3139 on: October 23, 2012, 05:36 PM »

According to "Maggie's" twitter,the replica trophy hasn't arrived yet-I wonder how long these things take?

Exactly, the fact that you do not get to keep the trophy is not at all fair and to top it all, he doesn't get his replica after almost 2 months.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3140 on: October 23, 2012, 05:49 PM »

I hope no one is relying on the Royal Mail for delivery. That could take years. No, seriously, I hope it is sent securely, it would have to be, wouldn't it? Two months (and counting) seems an awful long time to wait though.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3141 on: October 23, 2012, 06:53 PM »

Wasn't quite sure where to put this , but here seemed the most appropriate place.
This t-shirt was designed to celebrate Andy's USO win.
Certainly interesting.
http://www.madeinthenow.com/#shirt/374.html?&_suid=791

Lol nice pic.... first time I've seen Andy with balls in his mouth
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3142 on: November 06, 2012, 09:43 AM »

A quick update on the USO trophy whereabouts:
Andy was asked about it yesterday during his on-court interview with Petch,and according to Andy,he's been told he'll get it sometime in December!Seems mad to me,that long of a wait,but it'll make one heck of an early Christmas present I guess.(even if it is a present he gave to and earned himself!)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3143 on: November 06, 2012, 10:26 AM »

Dani, I heard that too. It seems crazy to me that it takes so long. Still, as you say, a nice Christmas present to himself lol.

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3144 on: November 08, 2012, 10:19 AM »

Good lord-I just had a thought.If that trophy is arriving in December,does that mean there's a chance that by the time it arrives Andy could be in Miami??!How ironic would it be,waiting all this time for the trophy to get from the US to the UK (however extremely-long way it takes to get there) if by the time it actually gets there Andy might be back in the US??
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3145 on: November 08, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Good lord-I just had a thought.If that trophy is arriving in December,does that mean there's a chance that by the time it arrives Andy could be in Miami??!How ironic would it be,waiting all this time for the trophy to get from the US to the UK (however extremely-long way it takes to get there) if by the time it actually gets there Andy might be back in the US??

That's a good point. That would be ironic.

I still can't believe it will be December before he will get the trophy. It seems crazy to me. Just think of that from Andy's point of view. He's won his first slam after 4 losses. Yet, even now, apart from that short time when he did have the trophy in New York, he has nothing tangible to prove he won it. It's no wonder it's been hard for him to believe he did it. I almost feel like sending the lad a copy of the DVD LOL.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3146 on: November 08, 2012, 05:30 PM »

I can't understand why they don't have a replica of the trophy ready to give to the winner at the end of the tournament.  It's not as though the trophy changes every year.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3147 on: November 08, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Totally agree Teejay and Alis!How long can it really take to get it to the UK-it's not as if they're redesigning a new one,or walking from New York to Surrey carrying the thing by hand lol!I genuinely don't see where the length of time it's taking comes from,no matter how securely they're transporting it.

Oh well-when Andy finally does get his hands on it,I hope he feels every bit of what he achieved to earn it.And I hope he carries it around with him,and basically doesn't put it down til it's so ingrained in his head he'll never be able to doubt it again.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3148 on: November 09, 2012, 01:47 AM »

xxdanixx , they make him a replica of the real trophy, so it means it's being made from scratch....

IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3149 on: November 09, 2012, 08:05 AM »

I'm sure it takes a while to make the trophy, but couldn't they have started a bit earlier?  They didn't need to wait until they knew the last name to be engraved to do the rest of it!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »