Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic  (Read 40147 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3150 on: November 09, 2012, 08:54 AM »

That's an interesting video,thank you Prodigy!
I agree with Sparkle though-they really wouldn't have needed to wait til the USO was over to even just begin making it.Or maybe I'm totally wrong-I can't pretend to have any insider knowledge on the whole thing lol!Just seems like a crazy long time for Andy to have to wait to me  Shrug
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3151 on: November 09, 2012, 08:37 PM »

My book Andy Murray Champion arrived yesterday.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3152 on: November 09, 2012, 09:53 PM »

Is it good Dex?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3153 on: November 09, 2012, 10:13 PM »

Butting in, my copy of the book arrived yesterday too.

I've read 4 or five chapters already and I am enjoying it. I'm not sure how much in in it would be new for Andy die-hards, but I do think it is a good, interesting read .

My one slight criticism would be that all quotes in the book are from second hand sources, interviews and quotes from newspapers, magazines and such, with the assumption that Andy has been quoted accurately and verbatim, which can't always be so, judging by how badly the press have behaved towards Andy at times, but maybe the writer never intended to do new interviews. I don't suppose Andy would have time for that sort of caper anyway lol.

The thing I find enjoyable is the way that the basis for the book is each round of the USO. I think the writer has been quite clever with that, off-setting each round with different phases in Andy's life and career. I think it works quite well. It brings back a lot of memories of the matches.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3154 on: November 09, 2012, 10:20 PM »

Does the book go into all the matches in detail? It's my birthday next Friday and it's one of my presents I know for sure. I want to know what to expect out of it.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3155 on: November 09, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Butting in, my copy of the book arrived yesterday too.

I've read 4 or five chapters already and I am enjoying it. I'm not sure how much in in it would be new for Andy die-hards, but I do think it is a good, interesting read .

My one slight criticism would be that all quotes in the book are from second hand sources, interviews and quotes from newspapers, magazines and such, with the assumption that Andy has been quoted accurately and verbatim, which can't always be so, judging by how badly the press have behaved towards Andy at times, but maybe the writer never intended to do new interviews. I don't suppose Andy would have time for that sort of caper anyway lol.

The thing I find enjoyable is the way that the basis for the book is each round of the USO. I think the writer has been quite clever with that, off-setting each round with different phases in Andy's life and career. I think it works quite well. It brings back a lot of memories of the matches.

Oooh,Teejay,thank you for telling us about it!To be honest,I've been a very interested fan for a long time,so I wouldn't really expect the book to contain much new information-at least not if it wasn't written with either Andy or his team,which it wasn't-but if it was well-written enough I think I'd be interested in getting my hands on a copy!

Does it go into much detail about his life off-court?I know I read somewhere that it would explore and explain how his relationships with Jamie,Kim and other close people etc shape his life and stuff,but if it's only going by press accounts I can't see how it would go into too much detail-maybe with Jamie,I can see it,but not with anyone else,given how private Andy's always been,especially about Kim and anything to do with his personal life.

That's a nice touch,basing it on each round of the USO.God,what a 2 weeks that was!I was stupidly emotional in the run-up to each match-I have to admit,there were some days I was too jittery to settle to anything before the match had been played!

Muzzafan,an early happy birthday to you!Hope the day is great Very Happy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3156 on: November 10, 2012, 11:42 AM »

I have already read the book and enjoyed it very much. I have been ill so I had plenty of time to read the book.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3157 on: November 14, 2012, 08:08 PM »

He is not the next Fred Perry.  He is the first Andy Murray.     I LOVE THIS THREAD.  CAN I MARRY IT PLEASE.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3158 on: November 14, 2012, 11:07 PM »

I'm going to watch this final on saturday!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3159 on: November 14, 2012, 11:10 PM »

Again, not only celebrating Andy becoming a GS champ, but also my 1stone of weight loss since september. His win kinda inspired me to make something of myself rather than sitting around doing nothing.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3160 on: November 14, 2012, 11:16 PM »

Well done PE!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3161 on: November 15, 2012, 12:45 AM »

He is not the next Fred Perry.  He is the first Andy Murray.     I LOVE THIS THREAD.  CAN I MARRY IT PLEASE.

John, if you marry this thread, you will have to marry the owner of this thread as well; therefore, be careful what you wish for.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3162 on: November 15, 2012, 04:52 PM »

John, if you marry this thread, you will have to marry the owner of this thread as well; therefore, be careful what you wish for.

lmao     be careful what you wish for  hahaha
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3163 on: November 15, 2012, 05:22 PM »

I've ordered the book and DVD but it hasn't arrived yet!!!  shocking
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3164 on: November 15, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Again, not only celebrating Andy becoming a GS champ, but also my 1stone of weight loss since september. His win kinda inspired me to make something of myself rather than sitting around doing nothing.

Prodigy,that's awesome,well done to you!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »