Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 43768 times)
althusser
Junior

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3180 on: November 27, 2012, 03:37 PM »

in the final set I was following all the second-by-second comments on here at MW. You could feel all the intense, at times screaming, emotions coming through the screen at you!

It really added to a truly unforgettable ocassion. People reacting just as their dreams came close to realisation - the culmination of years debate and discussion too - one of the great questions in sport answered in an inspirational set of tennis
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3181 on: November 27, 2012, 03:49 PM »

in the final set I was following all the second-by-second comments on here at MW. You could feel all the intense, at times screaming, emotions coming through the screen at you!

It really added to a truly unforgettable ocassion. People reacting just as their dreams came close to realisation - the culmination of years debate and discussion too - one of the great questions in sport answered in an inspirational set of tennis

I wasn't one of them!! I was too engaged to type anythign. lol
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3182 on: November 27, 2012, 03:49 PM »

I kind of wish I'd come on here that night,but to be honest stress makes me a bad typist,and I was far too stressed to type!I basically just sat,curled up in a little ball until it was over-by which time I was completely euphoric,but far too tired to type!I don't think I could've strung two sensible words together at that point anyway-it would've just been "eeeek,he did it!he did it!" over and over again lol!It was lovely coming on the next morning,though,and sharing the joy of it all with everyone Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3183 on: November 27, 2012, 04:22 PM »

I love bad typing. lol You should have been here for that reason alone. It shows true emotion!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3184 on: November 27, 2012, 04:23 PM »

I kind of wish I'd come on here that night,but to be honest stress makes me a bad typist,and I was far too stressed to type!I basically just sat,curled up in a little ball until it was over-by which time I was completely euphoric,but far too tired to type!I don't think I could've strung two sensible words together at that point anyway-it would've just been "eeeek,he did it!he did it!" over and over again lol!It was lovely coming on the next morning,though,and sharing the joy of it all with everyone Very Happy

There were many of us on here that night who were incoherent. roflmao

What a brilliant night, and I had brilliant fun with a lot of folks here. It made the experience even more special for me knowing we were all in this thing together. Our passion was almost tangible.

This is an EPIC thread, and if you get a chance you should read the whole thing. It's like re-living the experience, and I will never forget that night.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3185 on: November 27, 2012, 04:35 PM »

I still can't quite believe that at one point I wanted Andy's babies after he won, and then things got really dramatic. I wanted Lendl's!

Dani you should definitely read the whole thread. I must admit to not being online for the first couple of sets, but I came on during the 3rd I think. Things were getting very heated. It's funny to look back on, but hard at the time lol.

I think the one moment when we were all united, other than when Andy won, was when Djokovic took his medical time out. I think we must have all booed simultaneously lol.

It was an incredible night though, really fantastic. I don't think I'll ever forget it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3186 on: November 27, 2012, 04:47 PM »

Maybe we should nominate ten great posts here. It can be negative too as long as it's electric and very true to the moment.
IP Logged
Peter

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3187 on: November 27, 2012, 05:00 PM »

Us Open 2012 is a great tournament and each and every player do his best but the man stands on the top is Andy Murray he produce a great game at the right time when he is playing the final and lost the 3rd and 4th set then strike back and wins it as he played against the great Swiss Roger Federer at the Olympics gold medal match.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3188 on: November 27, 2012, 05:14 PM »

Just like teejay was called delusional when she said after the 4th said that Andy was going to win in 5 and win the USO.

I know this is a while back, but I'd completely forgotten the suggestion that I was delusional after the 4th set. Boogers was being his usual charming self. Just as well I'm very forgiving and not overly given to saying I told you so, even if I did  Whistle.

Weird isn't it, I just never saw Andy losing. If he had I might have ended up a bit distraught to be honest, I was that convinced. Even when some were freaking out during the Cilic match I was calm. Andy was going to win the USO. I knew it. The scary thing is that I have the same feeling about the AO. I also read an article today where the AO organiser (I think!) has picked Andy to win the AO too. He reckons Andy for the men's and Sharapova for the women's. I hope he is right about Andy at least.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3189 on: November 27, 2012, 05:30 PM »

I agree teejay this was always going to be Andy's year I sat and watched the US Open again last night. I just knew he would win the fith set and I felt as I did the first time I saw it. I hope he continue to play well in 2013 I can't wait until the Australian Open.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3190 on: November 27, 2012, 05:34 PM »

I know this is a while back, but I'd completely forgotten the suggestion that I was delusional after the 4th set. Boogers was being his usual charming self. Just as well I'm very forgiving and not overly given to saying I told you so, even if I did  Whistle.

Weird isn't it, I just never saw Andy losing. If he had I might have ended up a bit distraught to be honest, I was that convinced. Even when some were freaking out during the Cilic match I was calm. Andy was going to win the USO. I knew it. The scary thing is that I have the same feeling about the AO. I also read an article today where the AO organiser (I think!) has picked Andy to win the AO too. He reckons Andy for the men's and Sharapova for the women's. I hope he is right about Andy at least.

Oh, this is perfect. lol but I think it was Clydey who called you delusional after you said that Andy was going to win in 5. lol I wasn't posting but I was at least checking the posts!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3191 on: November 27, 2012, 05:39 PM »

I agree teejay this was always going to be Andy's year I sat and watched the US Open again last night. I just knew he would win the fith set and I felt as I did the first time I saw it. I hope he continue to play well in 2013 I can't wait until the Australian Open.

I have a long holiday coming up over Christmas; that's when I plan to see this  match again and some other matches. Will have to go through all the vidoes here.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3192 on: November 27, 2012, 05:49 PM »

Oh, this is perfect. lol but I think it was Clydey who called you delusional after you said that Andy was going to win in 5. lol I wasn't posting but I was at least checking the posts!

In my head it was Boogers. I stand corrected if it wasn't and apologise to Boogers whilst saying I told you so to Clydey lol.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3193 on: November 27, 2012, 06:11 PM »

Shame I wasn't a part of the forum when he won, but the night of the match I went through a mixture of emotions. It began with me swearing during the shifts between the momentum in the first set, and then came the elation of him going 2 sets up, before I had to leave the neighbours I was at because I got pissed at him losing the 3rd set.... I refused to watch the fourth, as I was too nervous, and instead I kept refreshing the live scores on bbc, facepalming and almost crying thinking that Andy was going to on to lose the match. I decided to watch the last set, and in a superstitious act I grabbed my framed picture of muzza holding his olympic gold and kiss it, yeah weird I know. I was overjoyed when he came through that set, it was one of the best moments as a sporting fan for me, up their with my team Manchester United winning the treble! I hope Andy can give us more moments like this, I really do.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3194 on: November 27, 2012, 06:12 PM »

I had given up hope after he got broken for the 4th time in 7 games to lose the 4th set. A little bit of hope was restored when he broke right at the start of the 5th, but given how many breaks of serve there had been I didn't want to get too excited. It was the 2nd break of serve that I really started t o believe again. And then when he broke Djokovic for 5-2 I was sure it was done. For the first time I actually relaxed before a match was finished - albeit up three championship points. Took that chance to enjoy the moment because there was no way in hell Djokovic was coming back at that point.

That final set will live with me forever I think. Murray geeing the crowd up when holding for 2-0 love was iconic. 4:10:44 here:

Or if that clap doesn't want to work, 2:18 here:

Epic.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter November 27, 2012, 06:21 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »