Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 42947 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3195 on: November 27, 2012, 06:41 PM »

The final set was absolutely epic. Who would have thought, really that Andy was going to trail 4-2 and then would go up to 5-2? Just epic.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3196 on: November 27, 2012, 06:53 PM »

Has anyone got the DVD of this yet?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Open-2012--Mens-Singles-Final/dp/B009YF42KQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354042289&sr=8-1

I've asked for it for Xmas. Which commentary are they using? Don't want a bunch of Yanks that I've never heard of talking all over it, unless they're MacEnroe/Fleming.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3197 on: November 27, 2012, 07:00 PM »

If they use the yank commentary it will be John McEnroe, Bill McAtee (sp?) and Mary Carillo. McEnroe and McAtee are good, Carillo is an annoying idiot.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3198 on: November 27, 2012, 07:02 PM »

Shame I wasn't a part of the forum when he won, but the night of the match I went through a mixture of emotions. It began with me swearing during the shifts between the momentum in the first set, and then came the elation of him going 2 sets up, before I had to leave the neighbours I was at because I got pissed at him losing the 3rd set.... I refused to watch the fourth, as I was too nervous, and instead I kept refreshing the live scores on bbc, facepalming and almost crying thinking that Andy was going to on to lose the match. I decided to watch the last set, and in a superstitious act I grabbed my framed picture of muzza holding his olympic gold and kiss it, yeah weird I know. I was overjoyed when he came through that set, it was one of the best moments as a sporting fan for me, up their with my team Manchester United winning the treble! I hope Andy can give us more moments like this, I really do.

Loved reading this. I care about true emotion and I think on that night, all the Murray fans were truly feeling it. It was such a long wait and Andy had already gone 2 sets to love up, so there was so much hope in the air, but along came the next two sets and took away most of our hope. It was a very difficult situation at that point. Emotions were so raw and high. Kudos to those who still believed (I did believe) but I couldn't blame others who became very negative because it was just down to wires then and Nole had the momentum going for him. Epic turn around after the 4th set.

But you have a framed picture of Muzz? haha. :p
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3199 on: November 27, 2012, 07:09 PM »

Loved reading this. I care about true emotion and I think on that night, all the Murray fans were truly feeling it. It was such a long wait and Andy had already gone 2 sets to love up, so there was so much hope in the air, but along came the next two sets and took away most of our hope. It was a very difficult situation at that point. Emotions were so raw and high. Kudos to those who still believed (I did believe) but I couldn't blame others who became very negative because it was just down to wires then and Nole had the momentum going for him. Epic turn around after the 4th set.

But you have a framed picture of Muzz? haha. :p

Yes. Plan is to get pictures of all my sporting idols signed. Only reason this one is framed is because when I ordered the pic that I was going to send off to be signed, the threw an extra one free of charge and it fit in a spare frame I had. I have sent the proper picture off to be signed, but no response yet Frown.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3200 on: November 27, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Yes. Plan is to get pictures of all my sporting idols signed. Only reason this one is framed is because when I ordered the pic that I was going to send off to be signed, the threw an extra one free of charge and it fit in a spare frame I had. I have sent the proper picture off to be signed, but no response yet Frown.

No worries. I have an album of Andy. Hopefully you will get it signed. I'd love to get one signed by him for my record but not sure if I want to bother him too much.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3201 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22 PM »

No worries. I have an album of Andy. Hopefully you will get it signed. I'd love to get one signed by him for my record but not sure if I want to bother him too much.

Yeah I understand it could take a while but I hear he is fine with autograph requests and knowing how much he cares about his fans I would be surprised if I don't receive any response at all.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3202 on: November 27, 2012, 07:45 PM »

Has anyone got the DVD of this yet?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Open-2012--Mens-Singles-Final/dp/B009YF42KQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354042289&sr=8-1

I've asked for it for Xmas. Which commentary are they using? Don't want a bunch of Yanks that I've never heard of talking all over it, unless they're MacEnroe/Fleming.

JM was there. Not sure about the other two.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3203 on: November 27, 2012, 07:47 PM »

JM was there. Not sure about the other two.

Carillo and McAtee
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3204 on: November 27, 2012, 08:17 PM »

I got the DVD as I recorder it on sky sports and missed the winning point. The one I got was an american version and they were terrible but at least I got to see the winning point
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3205 on: November 27, 2012, 08:34 PM »

Carillo and McAtee

I remember McAtee now. I must have tuned Carillo out because I don't remember that at all. She has a very annoying voice.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3206 on: November 27, 2012, 08:48 PM »

This one was from Laundry during the TB. I don't know if you guys noticed this but he was all CAPS All THE TIME DURING THE MATCH. lolol

MURRAY KEEPS HAVING THE ADVANTAGE GONNA TAKE ONE EVENUTALLY
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3207 on: November 27, 2012, 09:01 PM »

I remember McAtee now. I must have tuned Carillo out because I don't remember that at all. She has a very annoying voice.

Carillo is an idiot, but I quite enjoyed McAtee's and McEnroe's commentary during the course of the final. I downloaded both the Sky Sports and CBS version and I prefer the American one.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3208 on: November 27, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Do we have the CBS version here somwhere? All I have come across is the Sky version.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3209 on: November 27, 2012, 09:10 PM »

Do we have the CBS version here somwhere? All I have come across is the Sky version.

Prodigy has a great version up on his youtube.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »