Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 222 Go Down Reply
Author

2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 43734 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3210 on: November 27, 2012, 09:16 PM »

Prodigy has a great version up on his youtube.

I was wondering if the one Joe has ordered is the CBS version. I'll check Prodigy's one out later too.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3211 on: November 27, 2012, 09:20 PM »

I love bad typing. lol You should have been here for that reason alone. It shows true emotion!

Oh,it wasn't even about bad typing-I literally COULD NOT have typed anything for the life of me!!

My hands were clenched like mad-even during the first two sets,when everything was going in our favour,I still couldn't relax enough to type.I'm never relaxed anyway,not until the last point has been won by our boy,cos I'm kind of a worrier by nature,but I'm always worse when it's Nole on the other side of the net,because he is one guy who will NOT go away until that last point.

And then during the third and fourth sets-oooh boy!I was just about tearing my hair out!I'd love to say I had concrete belief that he would win it,but to be honest,I didn't feel anything was certain.I was absolutely certain that he could win it,and I knew how absolutely whole-heartedly he wanted to win it (and I wanted it for him!) but beyond that,I really didn't have any certainties.

The only time I've ever been dead certain about the result of one of Andy's big matches was before the Wimby semi against Tsonga this year.Funny one to be certain about,I know!But even before either semi had been played,I was dead sure it would be a Federer-Murray final.It didn't stop me being incredibly nervous and tense the day of,of course,but for some reason I was absolutely dead sure.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3212 on: November 27, 2012, 09:25 PM »

Weird isn't it, I just never saw Andy losing. If he had I might have ended up a bit distraught to be honest, I was that convinced. Even when some were freaking out during the Cilic match I was calm. Andy was going to win the USO. I knew it. The scary thing is that I have the same feeling about the AO.

Oh,Teejay,I SO hope you're right!!That would be beyond amazing.(And if you get it right,I may start perstering you for predictions about every match lol!)
Got any feelings about Wimbledon or USO,by any chance?!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3213 on: November 27, 2012, 09:27 PM »

Do we have the CBS version here somwhere? All I have come across is the Sky version.

Yeah it's on my youtube -

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3214 on: November 27, 2012, 09:31 PM »

Hey thanks! The Sky version is more than 5 hours long.  shocking
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3215 on: November 27, 2012, 09:35 PM »

Just reading the thread back myself.

How utterly amazing was that love game up 3-2 in the final set? Just lost two games in a row, memories of the 2nd set firmly in everyone's mind, absolutely massive game. Everyone on here crapping themselves. He delivers four unreturnable serves and puts the pressure right back on Djokovic (who he then breaks and the rest is history). Really delivered when it absolutely mattered.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3216 on: November 27, 2012, 09:44 PM »

Oh,it wasn't even about bad typing-I literally COULD NOT have typed anything for the life of me!!

My hands were clenched like mad-even during the first two sets,when everything was going in our favour,I still couldn't relax enough to type.I'm never relaxed anyway,not until the last point has been won by our boy,cos I'm kind of a worrier by nature,but I'm always worse when it's Nole on the other side of the net,because he is one guy who will NOT go away until that last point.

And then during the third and fourth sets-oooh boy!I was just about tearing my hair out!I'd love to say I had concrete belief that he would win it,but to be honest,I didn't feel anything was certain.I was absolutely certain that he could win it,and I knew how absolutely whole-heartedly he wanted to win it (and I wanted it for him!) but beyond that,I really didn't have any certainties.

The only time I've ever been dead certain about the result of one of Andy's big matches was before the Wimby semi against Tsonga this year.Funny one to be certain about,I know!But even before either semi had been played,I was dead sure it would be a Federer-Murray final.It didn't stop me being incredibly nervous and tense the day of,of course,but for some reason I was absolutely dead sure.

Well I kind of figured this out when you worry over Andy losing just a point when he's 2 breaks up in a set or something :P
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3217 on: November 27, 2012, 09:46 PM »

Hey thanks! The Sky version is more than 5 hours long.  shocking

Think the sky version has a lost of post match analysis and they possibly had less ad breaks during the changeovers too... most cappers tend to cut out the advert breaks and it could be that cbs had more ad breaks during the changeovers.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3218 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55 PM »

Well I kind of figured this out when you worry over Andy losing just a point when he's 2 breaks up in a set or something :P

Haha,yeah,I'm working on it!Frankly,with the amount of stress I've felt as an Andy fan,I'm surprised I haven't either gone completely white-haired yet,or just gone the whole hog and basically torn it all out!Believe it or not,I've gotten better than I used to be lol!Still can't relax until he's won that last point though.Maybe some day I'll manage it Smile
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3219 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Great video, ProdigyEng. I just watched the last set. So satisfying when you already know the result!

American TV is truly bizarre though. In the 3rd game of that last set, they cut to a flashback video of Fred Perry between points. I'd be infuriated if they ever did that on UK TV, but it would never happen. They also seem to cram in as many adverts as they can, cutting back to the tennis at the last possible moment. Even Sky get back to it when the umpire first calls time!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3220 on: November 27, 2012, 11:52 PM »

I believe the most important question is, did you have any hair left after the match? lol. But to be honest, there were all sorts of possibilities even after the first two sets nothing was really certain. So the non-stop worrying part is totally justified. I don't worry as much. I only worry when I get nervous. That means to me I have something to worry about and so my body is sending me signals, and more often than not, it becomes true. I wasn't at all about any of Andy's Olympics matches and most of his Wimbledon matches for instance. There are times when I got very, very nervous but Andy still won, so I keep that in mind as well. I definitely don't like getting nervous, but sometimes it just beyond help. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3221 on: November 27, 2012, 11:56 PM »

Think the sky version has a lost of post match analysis and they possibly had less ad breaks during the changeovers too... most cappers tend to cut out the advert breaks and it could be that cbs had more ad breaks during the changeovers.

Yes, I know but the pre-match analysis can build up a lot of momentum so I didn't mind the Sky version. On the other hand, I like the idea of cutting out the advert breaks. CBS indeed had more breaks as far as I can tell. Anyway, I am going go with your clip when I next watch in late December. I forgot about a lot of comments and later in the match, I wasn't even paying all that attention, so that itself is going to be a very refreshing experience.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3222 on: November 27, 2012, 11:58 PM »

Yes, I know but the pre-match analysis can build up a lot of momentum so I didn't mind the Sky version. On the other hand, I like the idea of cutting out the advert breaks. CBS indeed had more breaks as far as I can tell. Anyway, I am going go with your clip when I next watch in late December. I forgot about a lot of comments and later in the match, I wasn't even paying all that attention, so that itself is going to be a very refreshing experience.

You have planned viewings of the final?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3223 on: November 28, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Just reading the thread back myself.

How utterly amazing was that love game up 3-2 in the final set? Just lost two games in a row, memories of the 2nd set firmly in everyone's mind, absolutely massive game. Everyone on here crapping themselves. He delivers four unreturnable serves and puts the pressure right back on Djokovic (who he then breaks and the rest is history). Really delivered when it absolutely mattered.

Epic hold no doubt. I picked Andy either in 4 or 5 sets because I didn't want to be too specific about it but after he won the first two sets, I admit I got slightly comfortable thinking he'd at least close it in 4. But after he got broken in the first game of the 4 set, I just had this sneaky feeling this was going to the fifth set. This felt so sad because no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't override my feelings. So that needed a massive adjustment even though I saw Andy trying to break back in the 4th set and he even came close at one point, but it was slipping away and 5th set felt imminent. When I think back, I know that Andy had done an incredible job by turning things around in the 5th set, simply because it was against a player who had just left a year like 2011 behind and was already known as the biggest mental giant out there and now here we are against this very player and things are now totally locked and dead even. I don't want to sound like MTF but epic, epic turn around of events in the final set given all that. Andy must have believed he could win because you can cook up all sorts plans/hypothesis in your head, but if you don't believe in it, you don't gain any confidence from it; therefore, there's no possibility of this happening either.  
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2012 USO Final: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #3224 on: November 28, 2012, 12:25 AM »

You have planned viewings of the final?

Yes. Why? Is it not going to be there until then?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 222 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »