Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  2013 how will Murray do? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

2013 how will Murray do?

(Read 2738 times)
bony

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 07:29 PM »

looks like he is going into last 16. hay, what do u think about the 5 set thriller for djokovik only if he had lost murry would have had a 99.99999% chance of winning but im putting it at 88% what do u think? keep your thoughts coming.

sos aabout spelling/grammer.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 07:53 PM »

I still think Fed is Andy's Biggest threat at this AO. Remember, he is the only top 3 player Andy has yet to beat in a GS !
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 08:43 PM »

Im not convinced Andy will win the Oz open .... Fed looks fresh and may well win it. I have this sneaky feeling Andy will reach French Open final....whether Nadal is there or not. If Andy learns to use the slide on clay, instead of playing start/sharp stop tennis, he is underated and has great potential on that surface. I think Andy will win Wimbledon... i think he can play great tennis on grass surface...and will. US open...I think he'll retain that...he seems very comfortable playing there.

I believe he'll win 2 masters titles....perhaps breaking through in clay court masters....and winning 1 on asian swing or miami.

trophies will probably be split between Djoko and Murray...but Fed even if he doesnt win..will have a big say.

I think Nadal will return...and then breakdown...with his career on the line. Sad tho...if that happens...great player.

WT Finals will decide No1.... If Muzza wins 2 and gets to final of French....Id say Murray will reach No1...if not Djoko.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Im not convinced Andy will win the Oz open .... Fed looks fresh and may well win it. I have this sneaky feeling Andy will reach French Open final....whether Nadal is there or not. If Andy learns to use the slide on clay, instead of playing start/sharp stop tennis, he is underated and has great potential on that surface. I think Andy will win Wimbledon... i think he can play great tennis on grass surface...and will. US open...I think he'll retain that...he seems very comfortable playing there.

I believe he'll win 2 masters titles....perhaps breaking through in clay court masters....and winning 1 on asian swing or miami.

trophies will probably be split between Djoko and Murray...but Fed even if he doesnt win..will have a big say.

I think Nadal will return...and then breakdown...with his career on the line. Sad tho...if that happens...great player.

WT Finals will decide No1.... If Muzza wins 2 and gets to final of French....Id say Murray will reach No1...if not Djoko.

Hey, ABF, that's quite a comprehensive list there ! A lot of good points - hope you're right about Andy. I do agree about the French - I think Andy's chances get written off too quickly there, and a former semi-finalist, particularly with Andy's career pedigree, must be , at least, be in with a chance.

I agree about Fed and the AO - though I hope we're both wrong there !
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 10:21 PM »

And I hope too and somehow I know it too. Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 05:36 AM »

Aussie open and Wimbledon. One on the Asian swing and one in Canada.

Same.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 07:31 AM »

I still think Fed is Andy's Biggest threat at this AO. Remember, he is the only top 3 player Andy has yet to beat in a GS !
Yep. I've still got the feeling he's going to win here as well - fantastic record against Murray in Slams and had a great record against Djokovic on the Hard last year. He's not going to suddenly deteriorate over the post-season, as some people seem to believe.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 11:58 PM »

I still think Andy is going to win the AO. Just because he has never beaten Federer in a slam it doesn't follow that he won't or can't. As much as you could argue that Andy is yet to be truly tested, you could say exactly the same about Federer. I also think mass hysteria is breaking out about Andy's form. Sure, he is yet to reach top gear, but he has also not been bad. All he needs to do is tidy things up a bit. His serving has been fantastic, and his returns too.

As for the rest of the year, if Andy gets a decent draw I could see him reaching the semi's at the French again. After that, who knows, but I'd die if he won it!

I have the weirdest feeling about Wimbledon. I think Andy might do the Wimbledon/Queen's double. For Wimbledon, Andy and Djokovic in the final, Andy winning in four.

I'm still in two minds about the USO. Definitely maybe, which is me cheating, but there we are lol.

As for the Masters, someone remind me that I'm bonkers, I think Andy will win Indian Wells. I know, bonkers! Also, possibly Miami, but definitely either Cinci or Montreal. One of those, not both, bearing in mind the USO will be beckoning, although....... Shanghai as well. He can just tell Djokovic to give it back! Shanghai belongs to Andy, so there! LOL.

Andy finishes the year at No.1, everyone is happy, apart from Fed and Djokovic, although I don't think Novak would mind. Much. Nadal would be on Twitter telling everyone how much Andy deserves it before you could say 'forehand'.

I'll shut up now lol.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 12:31 PM »

I actually feel Andy has the best chances of winning the AO, Wimby or USO. He is surely gonna win one of them at least.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Am gonna put money on Andy winning the golden slam. Better do it now as the odds will drop when he wins in oz!!

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 05:14 PM »

Can you imagine what the mania at Wimbledon will be like if Andy is actually going for the golden slam there.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 05:23 PM »

The pressure would be unbearable!!! Imagine us lot at home too!! Mass cranial irregularities on Murraysworld if he could achieve that!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 06:10 PM »

Can you imagine what the mania at Wimbledon will be like if Andy is actually going for the golden slam there.

Oh don't! LOL. I feel a migraine and a breakdown coming on at the thought lol.

Seriously, I think we might have to wait a little while for a win at the French (Andy will now win it just to spite me lol), but a win at Wimbledon would be enough to get us all going mad.

First things first, let's get him winning the AO, and then we can talk about any potential golden slam. From there we can start talking about when he is going to overtake Djokovic's major tally lol.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05 PM »

Murray will be the first man in history to get the Wimbledon double if he wins. The Olympics and Wimbledon. Making history twice in one year. Scoot over Federer!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: 2013 how will Murray do? « Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 01:08 PM »

I'd like to think that Andy can break his duck on Clay this year.  Of his 25 or so titles, none has been on the surface.  Yet he can certainly play - semis at the FO, and a couple of the clay Masters.

And with the possibility of Rafa not being around or on top form to clean them up as usual, this could be his year?

Can we dream of the FO??
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »