Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  22/10 Basel 500 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 38 Go Down Reply
Author

22/10 Basel 500

(Read 12877 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #75 on: October 18, 2012, 03:39 PM »

'British tennis hope' - pleeeeese.  Did smugfed write that  shocking
There's a couple of other erroneous statements such as referring to Andy as No. 4 and the fact that he has yet to win a Slam, but, in fairness, all this publicity was printed before Andy won the USO, so too late for it to be updated.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #76 on: October 18, 2012, 03:48 PM »

The point was he played three tournaments in a row without problems.

And my point was, he was able to do that because he wasn't invested as much unlike this year. He ran out of steam in the 3rd set just in Shanghai for example.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #77 on: October 18, 2012, 04:16 PM »

Well Andy has signed up to play the Miami tennis cup from 30th November, so if any of us were hoping he would have had a nice break after the WTF before training for Aussie 2013 it seems he wants to keep on trucking Smile although the miami event could be part of his training over there as it's only a small competition
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #78 on: October 18, 2012, 05:28 PM »

There's a couple of other erroneous statements such as referring to Andy as No. 4 and the fact that he has yet to win a Slam, but, in fairness, all this publicity was printed before Andy won the USO, so too late for it to be updated.

That is just sick..wanna kick their ass.
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #79 on: October 18, 2012, 05:54 PM »

I wonder what this British day is all about. Sounds like fun anyway.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #80 on: October 18, 2012, 06:26 PM »

Fair enough about those errors Aileen given when it went up.  But even then ie pre USO to call him a 'hope' as if he was say top 50 was insulting.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #81 on: October 18, 2012, 06:34 PM »

That is just sick..wanna kick their ass.
Hang on a minute! Very Happy   The official website is just showing the publicity material it circulated in July, and it isn't uncommon for these websites to be out of date because their publicity stuff has to be prepared well in advance in order to attract the maximum amount of interest.  It would be very expensive to amend it and reissue it in the relatively short time that has elapsed since the USO final.

I wonder what this British day is all about. Sounds like fun anyway.
No doubt we'll hear all about it on MW, or at least see a report and pics on the Basel website.

Fair enough about those errors Aileen given when it went up.  But even then ie pre USO to call him a 'hope' as if he was say top 50 was insulting.
Hmm, yes - I agree.  British No.1 would have been much better.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #82 on: October 18, 2012, 06:41 PM »

SCRUB THE ABOVE!  I seems that they must have noted My earlier #humble complaint and have updated their information.  So how does this sound? -

From 20 to 28 October 2012, the eyes of the tennis world will be firmly fixed on Basel for this major sporting and social event. With the three Olympic medal-winners and an extremely strong field, the Swiss Indoors Basel once again looks set to stage a top-class tournament. The top names on the Entry List, which was released in Ponte Vedra (Florida), include the world’s highest-ranked player Roger Federer (ATP 1), the formidable Olympic gold medallist and US Open champion Andy Murray (ATP 3) and this year’s rising star Juan Martin Del Potro (ATP 8). This terrific trio will also be taking part in the ATP Finals in London.

thumb up
[ Last edit by Aileen October 18, 2012, 06:51 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #83 on: October 18, 2012, 06:43 PM »

SCRUB THE ABOVE!  I seems that they must have noted My earlier #humble complaint and have updated their information.  So how does this sound? -

From 20 to 28 October 2012, the eyes of the tennis world will be firmly fixed on Basel for this major sporting and social event. With the three Olympic medal-winners and an extremely strong field, the Swiss Indoors Basel once again looks set to stage a top-class tournament. The top names on the Entry List, which was released in Ponte Vedra (Florida), include the world’s highest-ranked player Roger Federer (ATP 1), the formidable Olympic gold medallist and US Open champion Andy Murray (ATP 3) and this year’s rising star Juan Martin Del Potro (ATP 8). This terrific trio will also be taking part in the ATP Finals in London.

thumb up

Clearly they read MW Aileen!  Now formidable I like. But aren't they jumping the gun on delpo re WTF?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #84 on: October 18, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Clearly they read MW Aileen!  Now formidable I like. But aren't they jumping the gun on delpo re WTF?
Didn't really notice that because I was so taken with Andy's description.  Delpo should make the WTF provided he stays injury free and especially if Nadal doesn't play, but I wouldn't call him part of "this terrific trio".  Still, he is the No.3 seed and they do have to make the tournament as attractive as possible.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 18, 2012, 06:52 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #85 on: October 18, 2012, 06:50 PM »

Del Potro a rising star. Is it 2009 again? confused
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #86 on: October 18, 2012, 06:55 PM »

That too ... Think
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #87 on: October 18, 2012, 07:23 PM »

To be honest, this back to back Paris, WTF doesn't make any sense to me. Just as much it doesn't make sense to have both Toronto and Cincy back to back just before USO. That’s some crazy ATP schedule and I've been pissed off about it for a long time. Maybe I should break some racquets too and let my frustrations out and somehow I feel it will be justified too. It will have to be cheap racquets though. Also, would be nice if I could do this on the court-side during a big match…(preferably Andy’s, so that I can draw his attention too – two birds with one stone, why not) to draw ATP’s attention. It will be my tennis style protest. You are all invited to watch and join as well!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #88 on: October 18, 2012, 09:01 PM »

Just some news concerning Basel. Kei Nishikori has pulled out a few hours ago.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Just some news concerning Basel. Kei Nishikori has pulled out a few hours ago.
Do we know why?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »