Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  22/10 Basel 500 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 38 Go Down Reply
Author

22/10 Basel 500

(Read 14406 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #90 on: October 18, 2012, 09:58 PM »

Do we know why?
He had to Nippon home for personal reasons
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #91 on: October 18, 2012, 10:00 PM »

omg  your puns are punishing robbie  w00t

Do we know when the draw will be held?  Can't find any mention of it on tournament website
[ Last edit by Ruthie October 18, 2012, 10:13 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #92 on: October 18, 2012, 10:55 PM »

He had a scan on an injury he picked up in Shanghai (ankle I think?) and has opted to withdraw. Was defending 300 points here as well. Hopefully not too serious.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #93 on: October 18, 2012, 11:48 PM »

Do we know when the draw will be held?  Can't find any mention of it on tournament website
4pm Basel time - 3pm UK time on Saturday according to this: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=12415606&postcount=1
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #94 on: October 19, 2012, 12:04 AM »

He had to Nippon home for personal reasons
You never give up, do you! doh

He had a scan on an injury he picked up in Shanghai (ankle I think?) and has opted to withdraw. Was defending 300 points here as well. Hopefully not too serious.
Shame, I was looking forward to seeing him play.  Hope it isn't serious either.  According to the ATP website Tomic becomes the 8th seed.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #95 on: October 19, 2012, 06:49 AM »

You never give up, do you! doh

Good posting!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #96 on: October 19, 2012, 08:45 AM »

4pm Basel time - 3pm UK time on Saturday according to this: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=12415606&postcount=1
Thanks Allan.  Shame about Kei

An update on British day from the website - are they right that Lendl will be there?  I'd be surprised.  I thought they were just joining up again for WTF
The Queen herself will not be present, but many English friends and guests from Switzerland certainly will be when British Day gets under way for the first time on Tuesday, 23 October 2012. The star of the show will be Scotland’s Andy Murray, the pride of Britain and its first Grand Slam winner since Fred Perry’s triumph 76 years ago. There will be no chance of rain in the St. Jakobshalle, where Murray will be arriving along with his coach Ivan Lendl, a two-time Swiss Indoors champion (1980/1981).

[ Last edit by Ruthie October 19, 2012, 01:16 PM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #97 on: October 19, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Thanks for the update Ruthie!

The star of the show will be Scotland’s Andy Murray, the pride of Britain and its first Grand Slam winner since Fred Perry’s triumph 76 years ago.

Now that's more like it!Much better than "the British hope".Andy outgrew and out-achieved that term long ago!
I'm surprised too,to hear that Lendl will be there-I had also thought that he'd only be joining Andy in time for London.Maybe they changed their plans?Guess we'll see soon!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #98 on: October 19, 2012, 03:34 PM »

Thanks Allan.  Shame about Kei

An update on British day from the website - are they right that Lendl will be there?  I'd be surprised.  I thought they were just joining up again for WTF
The Queen herself will not be present, but many English friends and guests from Switzerland certainly will be when British Day gets under way for the first time on Tuesday, 23 October 2012. The star of the show will be Scotland’s Andy Murray, the pride of Britain and its first Grand Slam winner since Fred Perry’s triumph 76 years ago. There will be no chance of rain in the St. Jakobshalle, where Murray will be arriving along with his coach Ivan Lendl, a two-time Swiss Indoors champion (1980/1981).
I love that! yay  Makes me feel so proud of Andy just reading it.  Hope it puts SmugFed's nose out of joint.

I'd heard from somebody else that Lendl would be there but was as surprised as you are.  Still, if the website says he will be, then I guess it's true.  Maybe he'll just be there with Andy for the day?  I mean, havng such a distinguished coach is going to add to the prestigiousness of the event, but then again I can't imagine he'd want to come all the way from Miami for such a brief visit.  Well we don't know what plans the pair of them have so, as Dani says, we'll just have to wait and see.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #99 on: October 19, 2012, 03:41 PM »

I know love that 'pride of Britain'.  Perhaps Lendl has some golfing commitments in Europe and is just popping in to support Andy on Tuesday.  Or perhaps he's working with Andy in run up to 02.  Time will tell. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #100 on: October 19, 2012, 03:58 PM »

Golfing commitments did cross my mind.  He does seem to go off and play at any opportunity and it's ppossible he could be working with Andy as well.  Mixing business with pleasure, so to speak.

But surely His Humbleness should have been invited to grace the occasion?  It is after all the British-SWISS Chamber of Commerce.  wink  lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #101 on: October 19, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Golfing commitments did cross my mind.  He does seem to go off and play at any opportunity and it's ppossible he could be working with Andy as well.  Mixing business with pleasure, so to speak.

But surely His Humbleness should have been invited to grace the occasion?  It is after all the British-SWISS Chamber of Commerce.  wink  lol
Perhaps his humbleness and silver medalist didn't want to be outshone by the Olympic GOLD medalist  Whistle
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #102 on: October 19, 2012, 06:53 PM »

Guys,Neil Harman just posted this on twitter:

"Unlikely to be seeing Andy Murray in Basle next week my Swiss friends tell me. Would not be an unexpected decision."
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #103 on: October 19, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Surely he would have pulled out by now [with the draw tomorrow] if he was going to especially with that British day on Tuesday?  If he pulls out at last minute, having pulled out last year, I don't see him being able to put his name down for Basel again.  While I don't think he should be playing there hope this doesn't mean his back has gone or something like that.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #104 on: October 19, 2012, 07:01 PM »

I've just read on Twitter (@iloveandymurray) that Andy has pulled out - has anyone else heard anything? Probably a sensible move if true.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »