Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  22/10 Basel 500 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 38 Go Down Reply
Author

22/10 Basel 500

(Read 12412 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 05:01 PM »

Andy will make the right decision, we'll just have to wait and see what it's going to be.
If I could choose just one tho' it would be to end the year with winning the WTF.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 05:07 PM »

But would he really want to go into the WTF with no match practice?  Mind you if all the rest of them tire themselves out beforehand it might just work!
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 05:15 PM »

It would  be good to see Andy beat Smugerer in his own backyard, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he decides to do.

As long as he is healthy for the WTF that's the most important thing, especially after the disappointment of him being injured there last time.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Sorry, just think France has 1 too many Masters (counting MC as part of France).  The ATP still need to cut back on 2 or 3 tournies.  I also don't think Madrid should ever have been squeezed into an already crowded Clay season.  Maybe Cincy should go.  Why should USA have a Slam AND 3 Masters?  Maybe Germany should have a grass Masters.
Didn't Hamburg used to be a Masters?

Also worth noting that Federer coped fine after winning in Paris at the WTF.

I trust Murray and his team to make the right decision about the next two tournaments.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 06:06 PM »

Also worth noting that Federer coped fine after winning in Paris at the WTF.

I'm pretty sure there was a week between Paris and the WTF last year.  Added to which, Fed didn't play on the Asian swing in 2011 so was fairly rested before Basel, Paris and the WTF.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 06:17 PM »

Britain has only a slam and a handfull of 250's. As we said before Queen's a 250 is a joke!! Should be a 500 at least.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 06:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure there was a week between Paris and the WTF last year.
There was every year until now.  There also used to be two weeks between Shanghai and Basel, etc, now there's only one.  This is because two weeks had to be removed to meet the players' request for a 7 week off-season instead of a 5 week one so that they could have more time for R & R.

Britain has only a slam and a handfull of 250's. As we said before Queen's a 250 is a joke!! Should be a 500 at least.
I agree Queens should be a 500.  Calling it a 250 is an insult.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 06:51 PM »

Queens should be a masters! All the other countries that hold Grand Slams have Masters... I believe
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Hello...newbie posting... *waves* I sincerely hope Andy pulls out of Basel or at the very least comes home to the UK for a couple of days off rather than heading to Basel direct from Shanghai.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 07:17 PM »

Welcome to the forum Milly. Good post. Andy needs to get a little rest now to be in tip top shape.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 07:43 PM »

As much as i'd love to see Andy in Basel. Its either Basel or Bercy realistically and Bercy has the most points so i'd go for that.

I don't think playing 2 weeks back-back would be the best prep for WTF at the end of a long season, but Andy knows best.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 07:54 PM »

Hello...newbie posting... *waves* I sincerely hope Andy pulls out of Basel or at the very least comes home to the UK for a couple of days off rather than heading to Basel direct from Shanghai.
Hi Milly wave  Welcome to MW!

According to Andy's official website, he's back in the UK - but as the flight takes approximately 12 hours that means he must have left Shanghai pretty soon after the match finished.  I reckon he wouldn't have wanted to hang around anyway, so that's possibly just what he did.  Hopefully we might hear something definite about Basel in the next 2/3 days, but I won't be surprised, in fact quite relieved, if he pulls out.  However if Andy decides he's fit enough to play and gets a medical 'all clear' then so be it.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 08:01 PM »

I'm pretty sure there was a week between Paris and the WTF last year.  Added to which, Fed didn't play on the Asian swing in 2011 so was fairly rested before Basel, Paris and the WTF.
Ah right, fair enough. In that case it will definitely be interesting to see how the Paris winner and finalist fare in London.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 08:02 PM »

Welcome to the forum Milly. Good post. Andy needs to get a little rest now to be in tip top shape.
Australia only has a Slam and two 250's in the two weeks prior to it, same as GB.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: 22/10 Basel 500 « Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Hi Milly wave  Welcome to MW!

According to Andy's official website, he's back in the UK - but as the flight takes approximately 12 hours that means he must have left Shanghai pretty soon after the match finished.  I reckon he wouldn't have wanted to hang around anyway, so that's possibly just what he did.  Hopefully we might hear something definite about Basel in the next 2/3 days, but I won't be surprised, in fact quite relieved, if he pulls out.  However if Andy decides he's fit enough to play and gets a medical 'all clear' then so be it.

Wait, wait...does his official site always update his location depending on when he lands??? That's pretty cool.
Like I said, prefer it if he didn't but if so hope he gets home time to recover first...on the plus side its more of his matches to look forward to !!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 38 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »