Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Estimated time - 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  A-Levels
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6 Reply

A-Levels

Do you reckon Andy did A-Levels?
IP Logged

I'm pretty sure he didn't - i think he stopped school work at 17 (although obviously if he was carrying on from the scottish system.....)
IP Logged

He wouldn't have time with all his tennis.  Anyway, what would he need them for?
IP Logged

Oh yeh the scotts have a different system don't they. Scottish highers or something like that?? How do you think he did?
IP Logged

I'm pretty sure he didn't do them - he was in Barcelona from the time he was 15 wasn't he?
I'm sure he said he stopped his school work after a year or so to concentrate on the tennis....
IP Logged

i thought they were compulsary like GCSE's
IP Logged

Highers? I don't know - I guess if you're not in the country they're not really compulsory Wink
IP Logged

I think at the tennis academy they have an equivelent of an american high-school..... so maybe he has the american equivelent? I don't know, i could be talking rubbish here .....  dontknow
IP Logged

in scotland we do standard grades in fourth year which = gcse and in 5th year we do highers which r the big ones and i thnk = a levels.
he may wel hav done standard grades caus he was studying maths english and spanish but i really doubt it. highers definitely not!
IP Logged

See I didn't find out until I went to uni (i.e. about 2 months ago!) that you guys in Scotland all finish a year ahead of us down south....interesting difference in systems Smile
IP Logged

Quote from: "Mathlete"

Only Standard grades are compulsory! You can leave school when you turn 16.
IP Logged

I have no idea!! I have enough trouble keeping up with my qualifications never mind trying to work out what everyone else is up to!!
IP Logged

Quote from: "Annie Binannie"
Quote from: "Mathlete"

Only Standard grades are compulsory! You can leave school when you turn 16.

Thats like us. We can leave after GCSE's.
IP Logged

I mean technically, you don't even have to do them if you've turned 16......or so i hear........
IP Logged

Quote from: "eira_arian"
I mean technically, you don't even have to do them if you've turned 16......or so i hear........

I thought it was something random like, you can leave at the end of the term in which you turn 16? In which case, i think i'd have to stay on until the end of the first term of yr 12  confused  I don't know..... i could be talking rubbish Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6 Reply