Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  A request 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

A request

(Read 7744 times)
Banannie
Veteran

A request « Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 10:57 AM »

study periods aren't that great at my school, you actually have to sit in a classroom with a teacher supervising, but i suppose you can at least get some of you homework done :-)
I love edinburgh, ive been there a few times (got family there), and i just loved the place and generally the people, but im not sure how i'd be moving so far away from my home, because i love were i live, and i have all my friends down here :-(, which is one of the reasons why im considering brighton because its closer.
i can't wait to drop subjects after GCSE, because some of them i don't like :-(, i think i made the wrong choices at the end of last year and now im stuck with them.

And as for my coursework, ive given up lol, i think im just going to hand in the crap one i did last half term as my firstdraft, and if my teacher thinks its really that bad, ill do it again for the second draft.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

A request « Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005, 12:10 PM »

Am I the youngest here then, still being in year 9??
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

A request « Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 12:12 PM »

i think so Josh, how old are you 13 or 14?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

A request « Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 02:10 PM »

Quote from: eira_arian
lol we'll be losers together julia!! enjoy the last few years of school - they're the best!! cambridge is beautiful, really lovely city - its just a long way away from cardiff - oxford is about 2 hours closer so i applied here Smile i'm pretty, no extremely, lucky coz its the only place i've ever really wanted to go to uni!
most of the guys in the boat race are actually quite a bit older than me, post-grads and stuff 22-26ish so i haven't met any of them. the boaties tend to hang out together quite a lot, but all the ones i've met seem really lovely - my college mum is a rower and shes a star!
you should def. apply to cambridge - any idea what subject you want to do or will tennis take over?? Wink

highfive

I can understand why you went to oxford (veeery lucky!) but for me - cambridge is closer so it's a better idea! That's sooo cool that you have met some of the boaties!! 

My parents are really huge fans of the Uni boat races, and we usually go up to see them each year! i really never knew that they were post-graduates!

And i haven't done my English coursework either!! Annie.. do you have to do a 5 min oral presentation for your first peice?  Rolling Eyes Which subject have you chosen?
[ Last edit by top_spin July 07, 2007, 11:15 AM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

A request « Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 02:11 PM »

Quote from: annie
i can't wait to drop subjects after GCSE, because some of them i don't like :-(, i think i made the wrong choices at the end of last year and now im stuck with them.

GCSE has definitly proved to be worse then i imagined! yea.. there are huge amounts of subjects that ive dropped (horray!) but the level of understanding for each one is just rocketing up, and fast!  Anxious

Don't worry Annie! you're not the only one.. although i try not to look back and just get on with things - i think i chose the wrong GcSE subjects at the end of last year too! ..but i swaped from art to geography about 2 weeks ago, which was great!
[ Last edit by top_spin July 07, 2007, 11:16 AM ] IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

A request « Reply #20 on: November 06, 2005, 03:59 PM »

Quote from: top_spin
Quote from: eira_arian
lol we'll be losers together julia!! enjoy the last few years of school - they're the best!! cambridge is beautiful, really lovely city - its just a long way away from cardiff - oxford is about 2 hours closer so i applied here Smile i'm pretty, no extremely, lucky coz its the only place i've ever really wanted to go to uni!
most of the guys in the boat race are actually quite a bit older than me, post-grads and stuff 22-26ish so i haven't met any of them. the boaties tend to hang out together quite a lot, but all the ones i've met seem really lovely - my college mum is a rower and shes a star!
you should def. apply to cambridge - any idea what subject you want to do or will tennis take over?? Wink

:highfive

I can understand why you went to oxford (veeery lucky!) but for me - cambridge is closer so it's a better idea! That's sooo cool that you have met some of the boaties!! 

My parents are really huge fans of the Uni boat races, and we usually go up to see them each year! i really never knew that they were post-graduates!

And i haven't done my English coursework either!! Annie.. do you have to do a 5 min oral presentation for your first peice?  Rolling Eyes Which subject have you chosen?

nah - i have to do the creative writing bit.
as for my choices, i dont think i should have picked music, but i was so stuck last year as to what to pick, that i just flipped a coin for it!! probably not the best of ideas but still!1
[ Last edit by top_spin July 07, 2007, 11:16 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

A request « Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 04:09 PM »

Quote from: "dentie"
Quote from: "eira_arian"
i'm going to sound like a total loser, but for the most part i loved school, especially the last four years, year 10 - 13.
the teachers were fantastic, i had amazing friends and i really enjoyed the courses i was taking Smile

I'm still in school and I really hate it, probably because I love it at home!  Crying or Very sad School sucks!
 Very Happy Anyone want to go for me??

I'll go to school for you, if you cook, clean, wash, iron and go to work for me!  Believe me, if you think school sucks, wait until you get into the big bad world!    Make the most of it whilst you can.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

A request « Reply #22 on: November 06, 2005, 04:15 PM »

Quote from: annie

GCSE has definitly proved to be worse then i imagined! yea.. there are huge amounts of subjects that ive dropped (horray!) but the level of understanding for each one is just rocketing up, and fast!  Anxious

Don't worry Annie! you're not the only one.. although i try not to look back and just get on with things - i think i chose the wrong GcSE subjects at the end of last year too! ..but i swaped from art to geography about 2 weeks ago, which was great!

We did CSE's when I was at school. old

The only subjects that helped me were maths and english.  I took up other subjects at college that would help me get the job I wanted, and I've since done some night school courses too.  You can make other choices when you leave school. (Just edited my spelling mistakes!  Paint fumes getting to me I think!)
[ Last edit by top_spin July 07, 2007, 11:17 AM ] IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

A request « Reply #23 on: November 06, 2005, 05:26 PM »

hey everyone! i only joined murrays world yesterday and this is my first post!
i just thought i would say that i am also in year 10 and finding all the G.C.S.E work so much to cope with. i have 3 exams coming up in the next 2 weeks and am so nervous, so i am also offering someone to go to school for me! [-o<
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

A request « Reply #24 on: November 06, 2005, 05:29 PM »

welcome to the crazy world that is Murrays world Hollie welcome
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

A request « Reply #25 on: November 06, 2005, 05:36 PM »

Quote from: "Bevc"

We did CSE's when I was at school. old

The only subjects that helped me were maths and english.  I took up other subjects at college that would help me get the job I wanted, and I've since don't some night school courses to.  You can make other choices when you leave school.

Ah, those new fangled exams.  lol  Strictly GCE in my time, though unlike a lot of old fogies, I think the amount of exams and work todays'Year 10 lot have to do is unbelievable.

All I needed was a good memory, you only had to apply things at A Level. (in the subjects I took, anyway- I made sure I took subjects that were pure waffle  Whistle  )
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

A request « Reply #26 on: November 06, 2005, 06:33 PM »

Yea i think the pressure on students in Britian has definitely piled on in the last years..  Think

Thank god i didn't have to SATS. For example geography.. 4 weeks into the GCSE course and we've had 2 tests and that's just geography.. im also taking history  (russian revolution first - ouch!)

At least in Britian you can go back to Uni whenever, so you don't have to stick with the same old rubbish Very Happy
[ Last edit by top_spin July 07, 2007, 11:19 AM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

A request « Reply #27 on: November 06, 2005, 08:17 PM »

Yea i think the pressure on students in Britian has definitely piled on in the last years..  Think

Thank god i didn't have to SATS. For example geography.. 4 weeks into the GCSE course and we've had 2 tests and that's just geography.. im also taking history  (russian revolution first - ouch!)

At least in Britian you can go back to Uni whenever, so you don't have to stick with the same old rubbish Very Happy

ahhh the russian revolution - legendary topic....goes on for ages Smile i had to do russia 1905 - 1924, america 1920 - 1930 (ish) and the middle east 1919 - 1990 for gcse, as well as course work on the battle of britain and dunkirk Smile loved it.....
[ Last edit by top_spin July 07, 2007, 11:18 AM ] IP Logged
Josh
Seed

A request « Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005, 09:41 PM »

Quote from: "annie"

I'm 14, my birthday was in September, the week Andy got to the final in Bangkok.  Shame he didn't play on my actual birthday, that would have been a good present =D>
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

A request « Reply #29 on: November 06, 2005, 09:50 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
Quote from: "annie"

I'm 14, my birthday was in September, the week Andy got to the final in Bangkok.  Shame he didn't play on my actual birthday, that would have been a good present =D>

lol, would have been an excellent present, apparently on my birthday he won a challenger, but i wasn't quite as obsessed with him then, so i didn't know!
If you're fourteen now, then your only just a bit younger than me- my bday's in august so im only just in year 10
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »