Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?)

(Read 2474 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « on: November 08, 2005, 09:33 PM »

Well, since i only joined MW at the end of September, i don't actually know what murraysworld has done in the past..
So, this was just a thought  :uhm: if anyone was interested.. maybe for when we have more fans or something, but...
Baisically, on Nadal's site we've done a couple of "projects" for Rafael.. of course here it would be for Andy.
Our latest "adventure" was we each made a small christmas postcard for Rafa.. sent it to an induvidual from the board and then she put it together into one book, which would then be presented to Rafa.. as a christmas present from the website!
Here's just a couple of scans so you know what im talking about....

Then another latest venture is the "Nadal 2005 Scrapbook" which has just got underway.. but it baisically includes all the tournaments Rafael has played in.. photos, articles (in spanish...) and fan comments on his game (which took about a month to translate...) Very Happy
Here are some scans...

So don't get me wronge.. this isn't an idea to copy.. but just a possible idea for the future that the fans here might like to do.. im sure Andy would love it!

And just one more photo.. this is Rafa with his 2004 present! Along with a book.. we sent him a teddy!  :P Wink
love this photo! Very Happy Wink

IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 09:39 PM »

notworthy Great idea! Andy would love that!!!
By the way --> it's amazing what you en the others did for Nadal. It's must of took a lot of work to put that all together. goodjob
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 10:07 PM »

yea dentie! a lot of hard work goes into all these projects..
because Rafa's got fans from all over the world, and the girl that put it all together - she lives in Montreal (USA) ...so everyone sent the stuff, then it all had to be shipped back to spain! but it's worth it in the end!  \Very Happy/
Im sure it would all be easier here since quite a lot of us are in the UK.. and the rest of us in Europe! Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 10:53 PM »

Thats a good idea, someone who can spare enough time from this message board should try and organise it. I've moved this topic from 'Suggestions' to 'Andy Murray' so more people will read it.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 08:14 AM »

I thought Montreal was in Canada :uhm: .  This would take a lot of hard work so the woman in Montreal must devote a lot of time to the website.  How did you find out Rafa's adress.  I think it is a good idea for Andy, if someone was prepared to do all of the work.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 11:40 AM »

Wink Montreal is most certainly in Canada. It's the birthplace of a certain Greg Rusedski.

Whistle
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 12:22 PM »

Well, great work. I hope we can do something for Andy, but like you guys said, it's a lot of work.
 Think  \Very Happy/
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 01:25 PM »

that would be great! im sure andy would love it!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 06:18 PM »

no of course Montreal is in Canada.. the US just pops in at the wrong times..  Think

Well about the projects themselves...
I think this would all have to go through Mark (organisation etc) however there would be no problem for me to have a shot! I have quite a bit of spare time...
But i'm not sure what you guys think of taking on the Christmas Card project, in time for the end of this next year  :uhm: Yes.. there's less than 2 months left till christmas but if there's an efficient deadline to get all cards posted then there would be time to put them all together and send of! Very Happy If we were to do it though.. there would have to be quite a few cards sent in - would be a bit bad if there were only 5 or so! Frown
And concerning the scrap book.. i think this should be done next year. There aren't enough things we could put it in.. although we could always include fan art, fan comments.. photos.. reports  Whistle options are open - lots to think about!

So as im saying.. if there's a lot of enthusiasm about the christmas card project, i'll be happy to give you guys an address.. followed by some "rules" concerning content, size.. so it looks stable all the way through!
(Must get Mark's approval here.. im not just starting a random project!) Wink
IP Logged
Bogofan
A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 06:31 PM »

How will you get this to Andy ?

Do you have his address ?
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 06:33 PM »

Quote from: "Bogofan"

i hope not for his sake! though the jesture is lovely...
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 06:34 PM »

Good idea J, he would appreciate anything like that
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 06:34 PM »

Quote from: "Amy"
Quote from: "Bogofan"

i hope not for his sake! though the jesture is lovely...

lol i agree! although i'm sure you could send it through his management Smile
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 06:55 PM »

well Rafa's gifts have been presented through the managememt...
but there is of course the option to present it to andy at a tourney.. although you have to make sure he will read it!
The management is the most reliable! and anyway.. as impressive as it will be, i think it will definitly be passed on Very Happy Wink You guys will do a beautiful job with the cards!  yahooo
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

A Thought... (Murray scrapbook and Christmas card?) « Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 07:02 PM »

We all need to make one card each and get an anthology or something and have a huge card as the front cover
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »