Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Aberdeen Cup Support buttons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons

(Read 5050 times)
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 09:47 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
Quote from: "Banannie"
And me stuck with BBC, i don't think ever hear of tennis out of Wimbledon really (except Queens, Davis Cup, Andy vs fed, and Andy vs Tim)  no

that's better than Eurosport have ever done!  #-o They show RG  notworthy That's it! They've never shown a match of Andy's! Anti-Murrayism or what!?  panic  Evil or Very Mad

shocking Anti-Murrayism, should be banned!! evil, evil eurosprt people  :twisted:
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 09:49 PM »

Before the Henman match came up, I though I was gonna be neutral... supporting both sides, but it just didn't work... I found I was 100% behind Murray. yahooo

I think it'll probably be the same for this. wink
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 09:51 PM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
Before the Henman match came up, I though I was gonna be neutral... supporting both sides, but it just didn't work... I found I was 100% behind Murray. yahooo

I think it'll probably be the same for this. wink

Me too, when that match came up i was saying i didn't care who would win. But when the match came up i was totally behind murray  yahooo
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 09:54 PM »

I felt really sad for Tim  no  but really happy for Andy  =D> , but will definately go for Andy  yahooo , I'm not a really big Greg fan unless he's the only GB player left in a tournament/Davis Cup - sorry if I've offended anyone!
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 12:27 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
Its on Sky Sports 2 btw people. Yay!

w00t  w00t  w00t

So it is.

I've been checking DigiGuide for ages. They must have scheduled this in the last few days.

Yeah for Sky.

Wink I'm a Celt for that weekend, not English.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 12:32 PM »

me too Tally, me too!!

(although i could go off on a rant about how celtic actually refers to the language, not the people and its not an ethnic or racial signifier and its actually a relatively modern term - the people of the 'Celtic' nations would never have called themselves Celtic..... i've been reading too many books.....but i'm sure you guys either know that already or aren't interested.....so i won't Smile )
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 12:42 PM »

:uhm:  Really? I always thought we Cornish were Celts, with a strong link to the Welsh and Bretons, rather than the Gallic Scottish or Irish clans.

I'd better brush up on my facts.  Whistle
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 03:53 PM »

Dont be too critical of Eurosport. They covered the Davidoff Indoors
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 04:41 PM »

Eurosport do cover a lot of tennis, just not the matches that everyone wants to see.  How could you forget about the BBC's coverage of Wimbledon yahooo
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 05:57 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
Eurosport do cover a lot of tennis, just not the matches that everyone wants to see.  How could you forget about the BBC's coverage of Wimbledon yahooo

Well.. yea fair enough - Swiss Indoors was amazing  yahooo  but Eurosport in general..  pullhair they either show WTA tennis.. wild card entry matches  :P or they show ATP but only about a selection of 5 matches from the whole tournament.. i mean take the Lyon Open earlier this month.. Roddick was 1st seed - and they only showed one match with him (which happened to be the final..) Rest of the time it was darn WTA or 10- seeds  no
I think im mostly cross at them because they never show the Masters - and following the tradition they don't have any Shangai coverage either! Frown
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 06:25 PM »

To be honest...not even sky can beat the Beeb's coverage of Wimbledon. The interactive is ace ( no pun intended )

And you get a round up show and plenty of highlights. Its a magical 2 weeks
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 06:42 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
To be honest...not even sky can beat the Beeb's coverage of Wimbledon. The interactive is ace ( no pun intended )

And you get a round up show and plenty of highlights. Its a magical 2 weeks

notworthy Definitly! no one can beat BBC and their Wimbledon coverage.. and the red button interactive thing is awsome!!  =D> Well.. of course no one in the world can beat her Majesty Sue Barker at British Tennis gossip  yahooo
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 06:57 PM »

And they have a great commentary team, as long as Castle doesn't deliver another Andy V Tim performance
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 08:24 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
And they have a great commentary team, as long as Castle doesn't deliver another Andy V Tim performance

w00t
How true. I thought Cowan was bad. until Andrew Castle released his banalities on us.  w00t

Still love Sky Sports though. I'm totally in love with Peter Fleming. He was adorable when he was playing with Mac, he gave me his autograph, Mac stormed off as it had been a really gruelling match.
 I totally agree with Andy that you really do judge people on the way they treat you.

Although I'm a huge MacEnroe fan, love his attitude, love his passion, I will always remember those who offered me a moment of their time. Very Happy
Thank you Pete Fleming, and also, (long before most of your time) John Newcombe and Tony Roche. I ballgirled for them. They posed for pics, chatted, and were generally brilliant. They left me me with a life long love of the game.

Oops, I'm going into full nostalgia mood now, which is not maybe appropriate.

But, I really do believe that we have a potential champion in our sites. Wink

No pressure Andy,  Whistle
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #29 on: November 17, 2005, 08:37 PM »

I totally agree with Andy that you really do judge people on the way they treat you.

I agree wholeheartedly.  My daughter is a very keen actress and has been fortunate enough to have met a few mini-celebs through her various drama commitments.   Very often the ones she has admired the most turn out to be not so very nice people, and it is quite a let down for a young person.  I think I recall Andy saying much the same thing about Safin.

Ah well, the Lord preserve us from those whose heads are so far up their rear ends that they think they're above the rest of us.  We all enter and ultimately leave this world the same way!

On a separate note hulahoop, I hope you are feeling better.  flowers
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »