Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Aberdeen Cup Support buttons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons

(Read 5184 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 09:17 PM »

Quote from: "ellyb"
I totally agree with Andy that you really do judge people on the way they treat you.

I agree wholeheartedly.  My daughter is a very keen actress and has been fortunate enough to have met a few mini-celebs through her various drama commitments.   Very often the ones she has admired the most turn out to be not so very nice people, and it is quite a let down for a young person.  I think I recall Andy saying much the same thing about Safin.

Ah well, the Lord preserve us from those whose heads are so far up their rear ends that they think they're above the rest of us.  We all enter and ultimately leave this world the same way!

On a separate note hulahoop, I hope you are feeling better.  flowers

Acting seems hard.. so  notworthy to your daughter.
Well i wouldn't know anything about acting actually since my last success in the school play - well i landed a role as a tree.. no more explanation needed! Very Happy  Whistle

About Marat - well suprising.. i met him in 2000 and i actually spoke to him (which is suprising that i could have actually spoken without my jaw dropping.. but..) and he seemed pretty nice.. although i had to stand on my tip toes to actually see his face  :P his height is scary!
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 09:20 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
I totally agree with Andy that you really do judge people on the way they treat you.

I agree wholeheartedly.  My daughter is a very keen actress and has been fortunate enough to have met a few mini-celebs through her various drama commitments.   Very often the ones she has admired the most turn out to be not so very nice people, and it is quite a let down for a young person.  I think I recall Andy saying much the same thing about Safin.

Ah well, the Lord preserve us from those whose heads are so far up their rear ends that they think they're above the rest of us.  We all enter and ultimately leave this world the same way!

On a separate note hulahoop, I hope you are feeling better.  flowers

Acting seems hard.. so  notworthy to your daughter.
Well i wouldn't know anything about acting actually since my last success in the school play - well i landed a role as a tree.. no more explanation needed! Very Happy  Whistle

About Marat - well suprising.. i met him in 2000 and i actually spoke to him (which is suprising that i could have actually spoken without my jaw dropping.. but..) and he seemed pretty nice.. although i had to stand on my tip toes to actually see his face  :P his height is scary!

heehee  roflmao  a tree, i was once a bookworm  yahooo
and i always thought Safin seemed quite nice, but never met him so i wouldn't know..........
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 09:22 PM »

About Marat - well suprising.. i met him in 2000 and i actually spoke to him (which is suprising that i could have actually spoken without my jaw dropping.. but..) and he seemed pretty nice..

Now you've got me wondering.... but I think it was Marat Safin that Andy spoke about in terms of being disappointed in someone he looked up to turning out to be not so nice....must try to find the actual article.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #33 on: November 17, 2005, 09:25 PM »

About Marat - well suprising.. i met him in 2000 and i actually spoke to him (which is suprising that i could have actually spoken without my jaw dropping.. but..) and he seemed pretty nice..

Now you've got me wondering.... but I think it was Marat Safin that Andy spoke about in terms of being disappointed in someone he looked up to turning out to be not so nice....must try to find the actual article.

wasn't it that andy asked him for an autogragh and Marat didn't give one, so andy says he will sign all autographs he is asked for.... :uhm:
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #34 on: November 17, 2005, 09:29 PM »

wasn't it that andy asked him for an autogragh and Marat didn't give one, so andy says he will sign all autographs he is asked for....

Now... I seem to think that was Agassi...   need to find out   retard
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 09:29 PM »

wasn't it that andy asked him for an autogragh and Marat didn't give one, so andy says he will sign all autographs he is asked for....

Now... I seem to think that was Agassi...   need to find out   retard

hmm, maybe it was  :uhm:
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 09:31 PM »

yes, im talking rubbish as per usual  retard
it was Agassi, it says at the bottom of his bio on this site....
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #37 on: November 17, 2005, 09:32 PM »

im going to sound so utterly DUMB when i say this.. but just to get things straight - we're talking about Andy M here.. right? because if we're talking about Andy R, that's a different matter.
Marat and Andy R just recently had a huge bust up.. it's really serious apparently!  :uhm:
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #38 on: November 17, 2005, 09:32 PM »

Well done you.... I wouldn't have remembered it was there!
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #39 on: November 17, 2005, 09:33 PM »

im going to sound so utterly DUMB when i say this.. but just to get things straight - we're talking about Andy M here.. right? because if we're talking about Andy R, that's a different matter.
Marat and Andy R just recently had a huge bust up.. it's really serious apparently!  :uhm:

wow?! Andy R and Marat fighting, didn't know that  :uhm:
and yes we were talking about Andy M
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #40 on: November 17, 2005, 09:35 PM »

Marat and Andy R just recently had a huge bust up.. it's really serious apparently!

No, I'm sure our Andy (Andy Murray) played Marat Safin in a match and thought he was not very nice... or am I just in a wholly bizarre imagined tennis induced state?????  Somebody help!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #41 on: November 17, 2005, 09:35 PM »

Quote from: "Banannie"

yep it's definitly Agassi - not Marat!  Think But i like it how Andy learnt from that experience!  notworthy  yahooo
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #42 on: November 17, 2005, 09:56 PM »

Quote from: "Banannie"

yep it's definitly Agassi - not Marat!  Think But i like it how Andy learnt from that experience!  notworthy  yahooo

Nope. I'm probably going off on a tangent, but Banannie is right. I know that Agassi was the one who didn't give Andy his autograph, but Safin, as a player was a total plonker.

Andy played Marat in the Cincinnati Masters Series. If you read back through the News Section, you'll get the quote that (my translation :P ) says that Safin was a complete a**hole, while playing Rog in the final of the Thai Open was a joy as Fed isn't so far up his own backside.

Very Happy The sign of a great champ. I'm sick to death of trying to understand the so called "arrogance" of Federer. Safin is a complete eejit, who has let his talent slip as his self adoration grows.

BAH! He had so much talent. Unfortunately he has an even bigger ego that is writing cheques his limited committment cant cash.

Typically, the main man can treat Andy with respect, Safin cant. Speaks volumes in my opinion. Rog is a true champion and a thoroughly nice man.

I'm old fashioned enough to love the gentlemen of sport. Good manners cost nothing, but are quite difficult when you are a superstar.

I can forgive pps like Johnny Mac, Nastase etc, because they were so wonderful to watch. But a nice guy, boring tho it may seem, will always get my support if they are playing to their utmost ability.

Smile Boring, but true
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #43 on: November 17, 2005, 09:58 PM »

plus .... Federer has the same birthday as me  yahooo
(sorry random, off topic comment, but i just found that out)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #44 on: November 17, 2005, 10:02 PM »

Thanks, hulahoop!  I thought I had read that Andy thought Safin was a bit of an Ar**!

Can I just say, I'm with you all the way.  Superstar or not, there is no excuse for rudeness, it just smacks of total ..... well rudeness.   That is what we all love about our Andy... he could be the 'boy next door'... and Andy, sweetie, if you do read any of our inane drivel on MW..... please don't ever change!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »