Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Aberdeen Cup Support buttons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons

(Read 5034 times)
deedee
John McEnroe

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #75 on: November 18, 2005, 08:53 PM »

Yes, I read something about that, but I forgot what is was  Think
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #76 on: November 19, 2005, 11:43 AM »

Quote from: "ellyb"
You're dead right Josh.... but the subject of astrology is far more complex than the rubbish in the newspapers and magazines, and if studied properly and in depth, it is very interesting.

Yea that's very true! The stuff in the newspapers is just the tiny tip of the ice-berg - there's more to it all...
I think i might be the only Picses here  Think And im born on the same day as Einstein.. two very different people though!  \Very Happy/
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #77 on: November 19, 2005, 12:15 PM »

no  I will never respect Safin. I think he is a huge, wasted talent. He has always been more interested in the blondes who fawn over him, than knuckling down and applying himself.

I remember thinking he was the bees knees, and watching him in a Masters tournament some years back. To say he just turned up is being kind.

That's fair enough, but it's we, the public, who allow people like Safin to earn the humungous amount they do, so when you turn up on court for a match, then do bugger all to even try and look like you're making a contest of it, resulting in a fine from the ATP for "not playing" then I'll reserve the right to knock you.

Safin, you are a disgrace to Professional Tennis. You couldn't even be civil to our Andy, who, hopefully, will far surpass you in tennis achievements.

I respect your "injuries" but forgive my cynicism that puts them down to a lack of training.

BAH!

no  Shame, I used to really enjoy watching you. Now I couldn't give a stuff.

And if Safin and Roddick "aren't talking" then my opinion of Andy Roddick has just gone skyhigh. Very Happy
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #78 on: November 19, 2005, 12:24 PM »

I don't know, somehow I like Safin for his attitude on court. I don't like Roddick, he's just too full of himself. But it's true, Safin is a wasted talent...
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #79 on: November 19, 2005, 12:30 PM »

Quote from: hulahoop
And if Safin and Roddick "aren't talking" then my opinion of Andy Roddick has just gone skyhigh. Very Happy

notworthy Roddick is someone respect .. he's the first one that got me into tennis and i can't thank him enough.
[ Last edit by top_spin August 02, 2007, 01:45 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #80 on: November 19, 2005, 12:33 PM »

wasted talent for sure.. although that's A-Rod mucking about with Marat  :uhm:
These guys are mad! But it was A-Rod's idea!  notworthy

IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #81 on: November 19, 2005, 12:36 PM »

Very Happy I'm with you t_s.

I've always loved Andy R since he stumbled his way through a 5 setter during his first  French Open. He could hardly stand, yet somehow managed to not only win, only to go out, through injury, to Hewitt in the next match, but won so many hearts.

That's the difference between him and Safin, I feel. Andy R gives it his all, I nearly cried reading his devastation at being knocked out of the US Open in the first round this year. I wanted to (maternally) hug him.

Safin just annoys me. When he decides to turn up in both body and mind, he's awesome.

Most of the time he doesn't.

EDIT: Awwwww top_spin. Posted before your pics. They are lovely!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #82 on: November 19, 2005, 12:48 PM »

goodjob Definitely, big  yahooo for Andy!  =D>

And yes, this years' US Open.. phwaoor! I saw the interview after the loss on Europsort and he looked not just sad.. but absolutely stunned! Through my years of slightly *cough* obsession with the guy.. Whistle I've never seen him that way until that interview.. he just stared blankly - he didn't even make a joke like he usually does but all his answers were just one sentence  Crying or Very sad Poor man!  no And not even as smile...

As for Marat.. well when he won his US Open i really started to like him.. but recently, especially about the last 2 years or so.. He really has no positive vibes! And his attitude to Wimbledon is absolutely rubbish!  pullhair If you want to be a champion - you have to play well all round, each surface, each championship.. but Marat - he comes out on court and seems like he just can't be bothered.. well do us a favour then!! Stop playing and let other players win!!  Think
[ Last edit by top_spin July 21, 2007, 03:02 AM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #83 on: November 19, 2005, 12:51 PM »

EDIT: Awwwww top_spin. Posted before your pics. They are lovely!

In which ever way i criticise Marat.. i still think that Andy and Marat have the biggest personalities on the tour!  =D> They always manage to make people laugh - and even when they "fight" with the umpires it's hilarious. Plus both their English accents are adorable because Andy's got that Nembraska twang and Marat.. well Russian Mafia style!  w00t
[ Last edit by top_spin July 21, 2007, 03:02 AM ] IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #84 on: November 19, 2005, 01:00 PM »

I like Roddick if all that has been said about Safin is true then he really shouldn't bother to turn up.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #85 on: November 19, 2005, 02:23 PM »

Quote from: top_spin
notworthy Roddick is someone i respect .. he's the first one that got me into tennis and i can't thank him enough.

Well said Julia, i repect Roddick too, he is a great player, with a phenomnal serve!
[ Last edit by top_spin August 02, 2007, 01:45 PM ] IP Logged
Mathlete
Junior

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #86 on: November 19, 2005, 09:18 PM »

Andy R's wicked. Didn't he used to go out with Mandy Moore??
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #87 on: November 19, 2005, 09:43 PM »

Quote from: "Mathlete"

Yes he did.. but they broke up i think at the beginning of 2005. They were soo cute together! Very Happy But i don't think tennis players go for someone famous.. just have a look at all the other tennis stars. It's to much media to handle when it's coming from both sides.  no

IP Logged
Mathlete
Junior

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #88 on: November 21, 2005, 08:29 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
Quote from: "Mathlete"

Yes he did.. but they broke up i think at the beginning of 2005. They were soo cute together! Very Happy But i don't think tennis players go for someone famous.. just have a look at all the other tennis stars. It's to much media to handle when it's coming from both sides.  no

Yeh i guess tim and lucy but what about enrica englasias (have no idea how to spell it) he was or is going out with ummm whats her name?? and andrea and stefie? they're doing ok!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup Support buttons « Reply #89 on: November 21, 2005, 09:01 PM »

Quote from: Mathlete

Yeh i guess tim and lucy but what about enrica englasias (have no idea how to spell it) he was or is going out with ummm whats her name?? and andrea and stefie? they're doing ok!

Hehee.. it's Enrique Eglesias and Anna Kurnikova.. they have split up i think 

And Andre and Steffi are an acception - it's true though! They are doing amazingly..  goodjob  but once again, Steffi doesn't play so she's getting much less media and she can just concentrate on Andre's scheduale etc.
[ Last edit by top_spin July 07, 2007, 11:27 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »