Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 2. - 15 (75%)
Murray in 3. - 5 (25%)
Sousa in 2. - 0 (0%)
Sousa in 3. - 0 (0%)
Comedy 5th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Reply
Author

Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa

(Read 2770 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa « Reply #195 on: February 27, 2014, 06:24 PM »

Jamie suggested today - when he was in conversation with Petchon Sky - that Andy would be pleased with three or four matches in Mexico and that he felt Andy would be very happy with the way he has played this week.  I think Andy is pacing himself.  Lendl has said that it may take several months for Andy to be back to his best.  If Andy has to be patient, we should be too - we shouldn't be hoping for too much too soon.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa « Reply #196 on: February 27, 2014, 07:12 PM »

Alis have been saying all along we must be patient - but unfortunately Patience isn't my middle name so difficult to remember sometimes that Andy is doing very well for someone coming back from a back op.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa « Reply #197 on: February 27, 2014, 07:16 PM »

Who are these commentators!!! I saw last 2 games when I got up this morning and Sky are crrrently showing highlights . They were discussing Andy's body langage and the way he mtters - and basically is a perfectionist. One has just wondere how good Andy wold really be if he had better body language!!!!!!! confused  I know sometimes it has possibly affected a match - but i doubt that much - but affect how good a player he is?  Hmm!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa « Reply #198 on: February 27, 2014, 08:46 PM »

Who are these commentators!!! I saw last 2 games when I got up this morning and Sky are crrrently showing highlights . They were discussing Andy's body langage and the way he mtters - and basically is a perfectionist. One has just wondere how good Andy wold really be if he had better body language!!!!!!! confused  I know sometimes it has possibly affected a match - but i doubt that much - but affect how good a player he is?  Hmm!

They are total clowns.  I actually found myself wishing it was Cowan and Bradnam doing the commentary - it was that bad!  I pressed the mute button when I couldn't stand it any longer.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa « Reply #199 on: February 27, 2014, 11:40 PM »

I've often wondered why he gets singled out more for his body language than every other tennis player, especially when you consider that not one of them has ever played with a huge grin plastered all over their face, and like to do cartwheels affter winning every point.

That being said, from reading lots about sports psychology there are 2 schools of thought about competitive players. There are those that hate to lose (Murray) and those who love to win, now i would put Federer in the latter camp, and goes a long way to explain his success, he is motivated by his own ego to be the last man standing holding the trophy and can be very pragmatic over a defeat, whereas Andy hates losing and has in the past gone through spells of abject dissapointment when losing like he did after he lost the AO 11 final for instance.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa « Reply #200 on: March 01, 2014, 03:33 PM »

I've often wondered why he gets singled out more for his body language than every other tennis player, especially when you consider that not one of them has ever played with a huge grin plastered all over their face, and like to do cartwheels affter winning every point.

That being said, from reading lots about sports psychology there are 2 schools of thought about competitive players. There are those that hate to lose (Murray) and those who love to win, now i would put Federer in the latter camp, and goes a long way to explain his success, he is motivated by his own ego to be the last man standing holding the trophy and can be very pragmatic over a defeat, whereas Andy hates losing and has in the past gone through spells of abject dissapointment when losing like he did after he lost the AO 11 final for instance.

Exactly! There are many of my friends who watch the game and appreciate Andy's play but find his body language very sluggish and negative. And I completely agree with the second para of your post.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa « Reply #201 on: March 01, 2014, 03:38 PM »

That's a really insightful post.  It sort of says that Andy (hates to lose) goes into a match with a loss to be avoided uppermost in his mind, and says that RF (loves to win) goes into a match with nothing but a win on his mind - interesting from a psychological point of view.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »