Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 2. - 6 (23.1%)
Murray in 3. - 16 (61.5%)
Dimitrov in 2. - 3 (11.5%)
Dimitrov in 3. - 1 (3.8%)
Comedy 5th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 69 Go Down Reply
Author

Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov

(Read 8049 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 12:58 PM »

Comms in Dimi match were joking around and saying if Andy manages to hold his first serve, he might even win the first set  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 01:01 PM »

Comms in Dimi match were joking around and saying if Andy manages to hold his first serve, he might even win the first set  Rolling Eyes
Yeah Andy is some scrub who happened to won two slams.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 02:10 PM »

I can't stand Divatrov. The most overrated, over hyped moron on tour.

The Tradesman in 3 I hope.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 02:49 PM »

I will go for Andy in three as I have done all week. Not sure that Dmitrov is a better option than Gulbis.

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 03:55 PM »

I just an interviews and he is not at all happy with slow starts this week. I truly believe he will start better now. The Simon match was the wake up call.

I agree but, if Andy were to be beaten, I would rather that it was by Dimitrov than Gulbis.  I just can't take to Gulbis and I also don't understand why he is being hailed as 'a new young gun' - he is 25 and has been around almost as long as Andy!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 03:56 PM »

Gulbis is top
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 03:59 PM »

I'm just watching Novak and Fed play their first set of excellent tennis in Dubai, which Novak won. Both players are playing very well indeed and I'm pleased that Andy is facing Dimitrov and not one of them while he is still recovering from his op and finding his usual form. Whatever he achieves here, Indian Wells will be a much bigger challenge for our gallant Scot and I do hope that any success he has here will give him not only match practice but renew his confidence in his ability to conquer the top three. I know from watching his matches this week that he has not arrived at his upper level of play. C'mon Andy, we know you can do it and will do it again - we just hope it's soon!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 04:06 PM »

I dislike the comms at Acapulco and think it is a great shame that the other matches aren't highlighted in the daytime as I would have loved to see the Dimitrov/Gulbis match but couldn't stay awake long enough. It is difficult to post also as my IPad won't allow me to stay logged in no matter how many times I programme it to do so. Apologies but I'm catching up now! hence the double post.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 04:45 PM »

I would much rather Dimitrov than Gulbis for this one, mainly because if the worst was to happen and Andy was playing Gulbis we would never hear the end of it, from Gulbis himself.

Personally I think Andy will do everything within his power to start better against Dimitrov. He won't have liked the bumps in the road this week, but then again I think it's to his credit that he's found a way. It rather proves the point that the desire is still there, but it also shows that he can lift his game and find the good stuff when he needs it. It's all about confidence if you ask me.

This one might still go to three, but providing Andy is physically fresh enough I just think he'll have too much experience for Dimitrov. If it came down to a physical battle in the end I'd still favour Andy.

I just managed to catch some of Dimitrov/Gulbis earlier on. Dimitrov did look shattered, so it will be interesting to see if he recovers well enough.

All things being equal, I can see a tight couple of sets before Andy takes control.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 05:12 PM »

I am not sure where to put this but are Andy and Nole really playing in NY on Monday when IW starts next week.  Nole has to come from Dubai.  I also notice that Berdych etc. are playing in the Far East.  Andy should not have jet-lag at least but it could be too much with IW and Miami coming up.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 06:03 PM »

I am not sure where to put this but are Andy and Nole really playing in NY on Monday when IW starts next week.  Nole has to come from Dubai.  I also notice that Berdych etc. are playing in the Far East.  Andy should not have jet-lag at least but it could be too much with IW and Miami coming up.

Lol ive just been speaking about the same thing tamila on another thread. Novak will be bloody knackered.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 06:05 PM »

IW starts on Thursday, if they have to fly, they will fly Saturday night or Sunday morning, so jetlag won't affect them.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 06:08 PM »

Lol ive just been speaking about the same thing tamila on another thread. Novak will be bloody knackered.

Well he's already whinged about being exhausted this year. That was after one tournament.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 06:15 PM »

Well he's already whinged about being exhausted this year. That was after one tournament.

Novaks going through a wee rough patch just now, but I feel he like andy will also rise to great things again, I like novak but as I said before (only not when hes beating andy  w00t)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Acapulco 500 2014 SF: Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov « Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 06:18 PM »

Do we know what time this match is on yet, or is it too soon to say?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 69 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »