Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AM - Tough Times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

AM - Tough Times

(Read 2297 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 09:34 AM »

Negative is understandable,  it's human nature. It's when it gets nasty that's not so nice!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 09:40 AM »

Negative is understandable,  it's human nature. It's when it gets nasty that's not so nice!

Yep. Its ok for some to say "just ignore" it. But youve already read it so if its something that upsets you its too late!! Its the sheer nastiness of some posters that only pop up to slate Andy that 99% of us cant get our heads round.

Why are they even here? No one surely can say they are true Andy fans.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 10:18 AM »

yes
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 11:51 AM »

The difference is, nobody tells you to stop being positive, they don't criticise you for it, and they don't keep whining about it on every thread.

And before you say "well why would they" i personally don't like going onto a thread and seeing "ah well onwards and upwards, at least he has a nice bum!!" but i don't make a habit of pointing that out.

As far as i'm concerned, this is a community where everyone is different, but that seems to upset some people here who seem blissfully unaware that those who continue to blather on about "annoying posters" are themselves becoming just as annoying by constantly referring to it.

Don't agree 100% but I don't think I have ever agreed 100% with anyone.     I have read posts criticising, and also mocking, positive posters.    Personally I can live with positivity and negativity but I don't like the nasties.     I do dislike the tone of some of the posts where it reads as if they leapt with joy on the chance to rubbish Andy but I tend to see that as an inadequacy in the poster - a vicarious need for success?
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 12:16 PM »

Yep. Its ok for some to say "just ignore" it. But youve already read it so if its something that upsets you its too late!! Its the sheer nastiness of some posters that only pop up to slate Andy that 99% of us cant get our heads round.

Why are they even here? No one surely can say they are true Andy fans.
Nail on the head , spiteful posts spiteful people .
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 05:06 PM »

Yeah I feel very down today also after last night Frown but you have to take the rough with the smooth...and by god its been rough this year. But true fans never give up and im sure Andy wont either till hes back where he belongs Smile

Yep I agree entirely, that's why I never read any posts after Andy has lost a match, so negative on here. Fans should be comforting each other not putting Andy down, you can't be a fan when he just wins, we are all sad and it does not help reading all the negative comments
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 05:35 PM »

Yep I agree entirely, that's why I never read any posts after Andy has lost a match, so negative on here. Fans should be comforting each other not putting Andy down, you can't be a fan when he just wins, we are all sad and it does not help reading all the negative comments

Some of them arent even fans when he wins...they just crawl back under their stone then resurface when things go pear shaped.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 10:05 PM »

Let me give you all a laugh with a bizarre dream I had the other night. In my dream I was watching the final of the O2. In my sleep I was questioning how this could be as I will be flying back from the O2 when the final is on. I wasn't questioning this .... The final was between Andy and Berdych. Andy edged a tight three setter which had at least 1 tiebreak. However as the match ended the commentators said that sadly what all the fans celebrating in the O2 didn't know was that due to ATP rules the players would need to share the title as there was a clause in the rules for the WTF that if by the end of the final the 2 finalists had won exactly the same number of games in their matches up to and including the final then regardless of who won the match they had to share the title. I woke up as a bemused and unimpressed Andy (though he smiled through gritted teeth as they jointly held up the trophy) was planning an appeal.

Would love to know how my brain dreamt that up... Wonder what a psychologist would make of it.
IP Logged
tanith

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 08:33 AM »

I want Andy to take some help from sport psychologist.
He desperate needs a person who can help return self-belief.

IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 08:05 AM »

Wonder what sort of media attention he will get early in USO? You would think less now given recent form.
though with Nadal out now there will be more space to fill and they always want to talk a bit names people will recognise
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 05:01 PM »

Let me give you all a laugh with a bizarre dream I had the other night. In my dream I was watching the final of the O2. In my sleep I was questioning how this could be as I will be flying back from the O2 when the final is on. I wasn't questioning this .... The final was between Andy and Berdych. Andy edged a tight three setter which had at least 1 tiebreak. However as the match ended the commentators said that sadly what all the fans celebrating in the O2 didn't know was that due to ATP rules the players would need to share the title as there was a clause in the rules for the WTF that if by the end of the final the 2 finalists had won exactly the same number of games in their matches up to and including the final then regardless of who won the match they had to share the title. I woke up as a bemused and unimpressed Andy (though he smiled through gritted teeth as they jointly held up the trophy) was planning an appeal.

Would love to know how my brain dreamt that up... Wonder what a psychologist would make of it.
What an incredibly detailed scenario. Salmond and Darling didn't have cameo appearances did they?!!
IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 07:56 PM »

Interesting listening to Andy's recent interview, sounds like he has some belief in the training he is doing right now
IP Logged
Aran
Satellite Level

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 11:13 PM »

To be honest, I thought his performance against Federer was really worrying - because he did the work to grind out a win, but then fell apart when he should have been putting the second set to bed.

The last time I felt he'd shown that much of a lack of self-belief was that semi-final at Wimbledon against Nadal, when he missed one easy shot after going a set up, and then imploded.

The thing is, though, after that Nadal match I really thought he might never do it.  And since then he's won the US Open and Wimbledon.

So I'm now pretty confident that he can move on from that kind of a loss...:-)
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #43 on: August 22, 2014, 12:48 AM »

Andy Murray "I'm ready to fight"

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AM - Tough Times « Reply #44 on: August 22, 2014, 05:33 AM »

I want Andy to take some help from sport psychologist.
He desperate needs a person who can help return self-belief.
Well I do think losing Lendl the way he did was a deep psychological blow to him, especially as it came at a time when he was in the process of trying to get back to full fitness, physically as well as mentally, and one which was going to take several months given the nature of the operation he had, and until he got that back his confidence was likely to suffer, so it became a vicious circle - winning matches boosts confidence, but low confidence reduces the chance of winning matches, so I think it says a great deal about Andy that he actually managed to achieve what he did in Ivan's absence, particularly reaching the SF at RG.  Defending his Wimbledon title was never going to easy no matter how fit he was because he had merely exchanged one lot of pressure and expectations for another, so, although nobody knows for certain exactly what caused his QF meltdown, my own feeling is that he finally caved into it all mentally and lost his nerve and that possibly his sudden poor performances in Toronto and Cincinnati were part and parcel of the same thing.  The fact that he's also having to get used to a new coach probably might not be helping much either - which doesn't mean to say that I think that the arrangement with Mauresmo won't work out, although I can't say she fills me with the same confidence that Lendl did, but then he was a very big act for any coach to follow.

To be honest, I really don't know what to expect at the USO, but what I do know is that I won't be joining the ever-growing number of doom and gloom mongers on this forum, although why they keep coming on here defeats me.  Do they take some sort of sadistic pleasure in watching him play badly and lose matches just so's they can put him down?  I don't know, but it seems to me that, given the nastiness and abusiveness that some of them display, maybe they could do with a little psychological help themselves.  However, as MM said at the end of her heartfelt introduction to this thread - "Andy Murray I truly believe you will be back because you're just too damned good not to - it's just a matter of time."  That time might not come this year because I see this as a year of recovery, but in 2015 I think we'll be looking at a different and much more positive scenario.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 22, 2014, 05:37 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »