Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's 2013 clay court season 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Will Andy win any clay court titles?
He wins them all - 3 (6.7%)
He wins at least one - 32 (71.1%)
He wins none - 10 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's 2013 clay court season

(Read 14757 times)
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #105 on: April 11, 2013, 09:59 AM »

Thanks Katie.  BB I'm assuming ITV will be covering RG.  I don't think it was a one-off.  I certainly hope they will be as I thought their coverage was excellent including use of the lovely Santoro as a commentator  wub

Thanks Ruthie I'm looking forward to it the coverage was so good last year
Roll on Monte Carlo  I'm sure Andy will do well
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #106 on: April 11, 2013, 10:55 AM »

Andy may be the top seed for MC.

Surely the first time he's ever been too seed for a MS1000?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #107 on: April 11, 2013, 11:08 AM »

Now that the clay court season is about to start does anyone know if ITV are going to cover the French Open like they did last year

I hope they do. It was very good coverage last year. I thought Sam Smith was very good, she made a lot of interesting comments about Andy especially, and stuck up for him after Wade opened her mouth on Eurosport. As for the delightful Santoro...... wub. Didn't John Inverdale do a very good interview with Andy too?

Talking about Djokovic, I thoght he'd made it known that his ankle wasn't as bad as he feared and he would probably be fit for MC, or have I missed something again?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #108 on: April 11, 2013, 01:02 PM »

John Inverdale really admires Andy, teejay.    He was in dictionary corner on Countdown a few months back and quite strongly made the point that Andy was under appreciated in this country.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #109 on: April 11, 2013, 01:03 PM »

Talking about Djokovic, I thoght he'd made it known that his ankle wasn't as bad as he feared and he would probably be fit for MC, or have I missed something again?

This was posted on Novak's website, teejay:
The world’s top player has undergone an MRI examination this morning which revealed no structural damage to the joint capsule and ligaments. A joint structures strain requires therapy and strict rest in the following days.
Depending on the recovery, a decision will be made on Nole’s participation at the upcoming tournament in Monte Carlo.

I'm not sure whether he'll have enough time to recover before Monte Carlo, though if he does withdraw he'll have to do so soon before the draw on Saturday.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #110 on: April 11, 2013, 01:13 PM »

John Inverdale really admires Andy, teejay.    He was in dictionary corner on Countdown a few months back and quite strongly made the point that Andy was under appreciated in this country.

John Inverdale is a great sports commentator/reporter. He really knows his stuff and appreciates what sportspeople go through. I remember him moved to tears when the rowing pair missed gold at the Olympics. He gets really into whatever he's covering and takes the viewer with him. I find him honest, enthusiastic and optimistic with a good hint of realism. Really hope he covers the French
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #111 on: April 11, 2013, 02:18 PM »

Loved the coverage last year with ITV and Inverdale, I remember they had a lot of praise from MW and other tennis fans.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #112 on: April 11, 2013, 03:08 PM »

Why does is grate with me that Djoko's site puts out a statement beginning, 'The world's top tennis player.............'   I'm disappointed - smacks too much of Fed to me.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #113 on: April 11, 2013, 03:14 PM »

I'd always thought John Inverdale was an admirer of Andy's to be honest. I just remember him, I'm pretty sure it was him, doing a very good interview with Andy. I think Santoro was part of it too, if memory serves me right. It was nice, because Andy is such an admirer of Santoro.

Someone, Jim Courier I think, who was also part of the presentation/commentary team, remarked on how good the interview Andy did with Inverdale was, because Andy was very lively and said a lot, he really opened up. In the nicest possible way I think Jim Courier was a teeny bit jealous because Andy has never been that open with him, but I hasten to add that Courier wasn't carping, he was just stating a fact.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #114 on: April 11, 2013, 03:18 PM »

Why does is grate with me that Djoko's site puts out a statement beginning, 'The world's top tennis player.............'   I'm disappointed - smacks too much of Fed to me.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if they just said World no.1 or something like that, would it?

I suppose you could say they are just stating a fact. At the moment Djokovic is the world's top tennis player I suppose. Then again, it also smacks of giving an opinion in a way. If they used his ranking it would mean the same thing without sounding quite so Fed-like, which I agree, it is.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #115 on: April 11, 2013, 03:33 PM »

Ferrer's out of Monte Carlo with a thigh injury.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #116 on: April 11, 2013, 04:03 PM »

Ferrer's out of Monte Carlo with a thigh injury.
Good for Tennis.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #117 on: April 11, 2013, 04:18 PM »

Andy may be the top seed for MC.

Surely the first time he's ever been too seed for a MS1000?

I am really going to stick my neck out and say that Murray has been top seed in a masters before. The one I'm thinking about is the last time Madrid was played on grass and Murray beat Simon in the final.They were both so tired they could hardly stand up. Now I await the experts to shoot me down!!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #118 on: April 11, 2013, 04:19 PM »

Good for Tennis.

For the tournament to lose one of the best clay players? - can't agree with that... It doesn't really help Andy either, only that he'll have to face one of Rafa and now Berdych in the SFs (if Novak doesn't withdraw) or Berdych/Delpo if Novak doesn't play. All very tough on clay. Would be great if Andy could somehow reach the final though.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 04:27 PM »

I am really going to stick my neck out and say that Murray has been top seed in a masters before. The one I'm thinking about is the last time Madrid was played on grass and Murray beat Simon in the final.They were both so tired they could hardly stand up. Now I await the experts to shoot me down!!
Was on Hard, and Murray beat Federer in the Semis (Federer was #2 at the time), so he couldn't have been top seed.

He's never been top seed of a Masters before. He's been the highest seed left in the draw on a few occasions, such as Shanghai 2011 or Miami this year, but never top seed.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »