Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's 2013 clay court season 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Will Andy win any clay court titles?
He wins them all - 3 (6.7%)
He wins at least one - 32 (71.1%)
He wins none - 10 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's 2013 clay court season

(Read 16714 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #240 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23 PM »

People on MTF showing support for Murray? WTF is wrong with them, they normally hate him.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #241 on: April 13, 2013, 08:49 PM »

Stan lost to a poor Robredo.
So?

(And Robredo was far from 'poor')
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #242 on: April 13, 2013, 11:04 PM »

welcome Hello you will get used to us. It's not so much that we are negative (most of us), more that we have an inbuilt panic button that sets itself off when Andy's tournament draws appear. We seem to be pre programmed to fear the worst whilst also hoping for the best. Alas it appears to be incurable but we support each other through it - and it makes the victories all the sweeter. You can help us keep our glasses half full!

Less of the 'we' lol. Some of us don't panic. Some of us are eternal optimists, and Andy has proved us right a lot lately lol.

I'll be a glass half full girl until I need to be. Then, if the worst should happen, and it probably won't, I'll be a glass completely empty girl, but only because I'll need a drink to get over it lol.

I think Andy could surprise us all on the clay this year. I hope so.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #243 on: April 14, 2013, 12:27 AM »

I don't panic either , my glass is generally 3/4 full at least, was just trying to somehow generalise (impossible, don't know why I tried). Don't think I worded it too well, I meant to suggest most of us were positive but I've re read it and don't think it comes across that way (tho am now reading it with glasses literally empty so may change my mind on that tomorrow lol). Here's to the red dirt and lots of weeks of Andy time.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #244 on: April 14, 2013, 02:08 AM »

I don't panic either , my glass is generally 3/4 full at least, was just trying to somehow generalise (impossible, don't know why I tried). Don't think I worded it too well, I meant to suggest most of us were positive but I've re read it and don't think it comes across that way (tho am now reading it with glasses literally empty so may change my mind on that tomorrow lol). Here's to the red dirt and lots of weeks of Andy time.

Don't worry, Westie. We are all different, and that's what makes us a family.
I think you spoke for many of us quite eloquently.

When you've paid your long-life-ticket to board the MurrayCoaster, you just have to hang on tight and know that whatever happens there will be an end.

Sometimes you hang on until your knuckles go white, and other times you can put both hands up in the air.

At the end of the ride, you will usually have a racing heart, a huge grin on your face, and legs gone to jelly.

But if not.. there's another car just behind for the next ride which you will pay for and board. Willingly.  Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #245 on: April 14, 2013, 02:23 AM »

Hey guys, I am new here and would like to say why you guys have such little faith in Andy. Yeah I know clay isn't Andy best surface but why are people already writing him off because of his potential opponents. This is the guy who took Nadal to a third set in 2011 and almost beat Djokovic in Rome.

I don't know about you guys but I have a gut feeling about this clay season. C'mon Andy yay

Forgot my manners, sorry rob92. A very warm welcome to MW.

Like everyone else here, I also hope for a successful clay season for our boy... but this ain't the first MW Rodeo.

Hope you stick around, because through thick and through thin we will all make it through together.  highfive
IP Logged
mina

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #246 on: April 14, 2013, 02:32 AM »

rob 92
hello , welcome to mw
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #247 on: April 14, 2013, 08:25 AM »

Welcome rob 92, it is good to have someone else wondering why Andy is being written off before the Tournament has begun, last year he was struggling with his back. This year he's been working on his clay game with Lendl and Moya so I'm sure we will see a more confident ANDY on clay. He has always said it takes him time to get used to the conditions, this time he will be ready from the get go.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #248 on: April 14, 2013, 10:50 AM »

When you've paid your long-life-ticket to board the MurrayCoaster, you just have to hang on tight and know that whatever happens there will be an end.

Sometimes you hang on until your knuckles go white, and other times you can put both hands up in the air.

At the end of the ride, you will usually have a racing heart, a huge grin on your face, and legs gone to jelly.

But if not.. there's another car just behind for the next ride which you will pay for and board. Willingly.  Very Happy

Ha love your way with words Linda

Never a truer word spoken

hug
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #249 on: April 14, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Good posting!

Loving that image!

Moi - eloquent! Ta much. hug
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #250 on: April 14, 2013, 12:03 PM »

Actually I think you spoke very well Westie!I mean,yes,you are right-it is a bit impossible to generalise the wide range of personalities and outlooks on here,but when I read it I thought you worded it very well indeed.You generalised us pretty much as well as we can be generalised I think!

Beautifully said,Linda,as always hug
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #251 on: April 14, 2013, 12:24 PM »

Hi Dani  wave nice to see you back!

Here is an article from the Scotsman on Andy's clay court season

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/tennis/andy-murray-to-embark-on-trying-red-clay-period-1-2894473
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #252 on: April 14, 2013, 12:27 PM »

Hi Dani  wave nice to see you back!

Thanks Angie! hug

My laptop ran out of charge-and then my stupid laptop charger broke. So I was without computer access for a few days while I waited for a new charger to arrive in the shop. SO annoying Rolling Eyes

Finally got it yesterday evening,thankfully  yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #253 on: April 14, 2013, 12:37 PM »

welcome from me too Rob92 - great to have another positive fan on board the roller coaster.  But I agree with westie. What you're reading isn't the negativity than can sometimes infect MW [if you've not come across that you ain't seen nothing yet I fear!] but a kind of superstitious caution that prevents some of us (and not speaking for all of course) getting carried away.    And it does feel like Andy is still feeling his way back into his top form [all the more credit that he's won 2 titles this year and is 2nd in race] so I can't really breathe easily until I see how he is adapting to the clay this year.  Actually tbh I never really breathe easily until the last point is played of any single match (with a few rare exceptions when Andy is totally on song like against Roddick at Queens).
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #254 on: April 15, 2013, 08:32 AM »

People on MTF showing support for Murray? WTF is wrong with them, they normally hate him.
They normally hate everyone, but sometimes a player can sneak through the net, if they are distracted by hating someone else more.  It's such a depressing place, with such a skewed view of the world.

I'm excited about the clay season, but also a bit nervy.  Every sensible part of my body is telling me that he's bound to do better than last year, and a good chance of doing well, but there is still a part of me that's worried something will go wrong.  Things can go wrong for Andy on surfaces he does like, so I have given myself advanced warning not to read too much into it if that does happen! lol  hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »