Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's 2013 clay court season 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Will Andy win any clay court titles?
He wins them all - 3 (6.7%)
He wins at least one - 32 (71.1%)
He wins none - 10 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy's 2013 clay court season

(Read 15394 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #330 on: April 24, 2013, 06:40 PM »

RG though has to provide more opportunities for Andy than, let's say, either Madrid or Rome. The 5 sets format will allow Andy to settle down unlike Madrid or Rome where the format doesn't help as much. Sometimes it's over even before you know it.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #331 on: April 24, 2013, 08:02 PM »

Sometimes it's over even before you know it.

You can say that again!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #332 on: April 24, 2013, 08:17 PM »

What Lendl says:

"If you look at my results at Wimbledon, first week I was beating guys I don’t know how. Dick Stockton and Paolo Cane in five sets. Richey Reneburg and Peter Lundgren in four. All those guys should have beaten me and they didn’t somehow. It was just shocking how I played, really irritating.

“It requires patience on everybody’s part. It requires patience from Andy, it requires patience from Dani and I, it requires patience from you guys in the media and Andy’s fans as well.

“I’m not trying to say that he shouldn’t get c---, I am not trying to be a politician. I am just saying that, if he is going to have a good year on clay, it will take him much longer to get there than on any other surface.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/10011159/Andy-Murray-can-overcome-his-problems-with-clay-court-tennis-insists-coach-Ivan-Lendl.html
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #333 on: April 24, 2013, 08:29 PM »

clap Wise words again from Ivan, Andy got a good un when he secured him.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #334 on: April 24, 2013, 09:30 PM »

"It requires patience from Andy, and Andy’s fans as well. "

Think he's been on here?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #335 on: April 24, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Think he's been on here?

lmao I thought the same thing when I read that Westie!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #336 on: April 24, 2013, 10:40 PM »

That was so good to read, thanks Linda. Love the bit about us all needing to be patient. Must admit I had to take a few days off from the speculation and opinion after Andy's match with Stan (way too many posts deciding Andy must have been ill!) Also get a bit fed up with the media bashing that goes on, when so many articles, like this one, seem very fair.

“We had fun today,” [Lendl] said. “I try to make practices fun all the time, whether the joke is on Dani [Vallverdu, the assistant coach] or Andy or me, I don’t care as long as we can have a chuckle and then we go".

Not sure if this (from Andy's facebook) was posted:

Izzle lost a team challenge, has to carry everyone's bag back to the locker room, he's got a slight sweat on
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #337 on: April 25, 2013, 01:47 AM »

And "it requires patience from you guys in the media", so I hope they're taking note!

I like the whole article anyway.  Simon Briggs is worth reading because he has a nice sense of humour and he's always fair where Andy is concerned.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #338 on: April 25, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Got home confidently expecting to be able to watch Barcelona only to find it's pouring with rain and forecast to continue raining till Monday. So Andy is well out of it!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #339 on: April 25, 2013, 08:13 PM »

Got home confidently expecting to be able to watch Barcelona only to find it's pouring with rain and forecast to continue raining till Monday. So Andy is well out of it!
Unfortunately we tend to assume that places like Barcelona will have good weather all the time.  If it rains that much then goodness knows when the tournament will get finished.  As it is some players will have to play two matches tomorrow, if play is possible.  Meanwhile I think Andy said he was travelling to London tomorrow.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #340 on: April 25, 2013, 10:19 PM »

All of a sudden, Andy not playing seems like a good idea!

Actually, never mind the possible appointment with Liz, Andy and his team had all planned to be in MC until now, and Lendl wouldn't have wanted to move - he probably had bookings at the local golf course!  More seriously, a trip home now is Andy's chance to catch up with family and friends properly, because when he's back after the French, the hype and pressure will be building, so he'll not be in a position to be quite as sociable. 

I also imagine he's got long-standing plans to catch up with family and friends, which he wouldn't want to cancel.  It's important for Andy's career that he manages to maintain some balance in his personal life.  Going by Jamie's Facebook, he was heading to London, and Judy's been spotted in Wimbledon, so they are probably looking forward to a few days together.  Worth far more to him than entering Barcelona.

Ferrer lost in his first match there - I bet his fans aren't having a panic about it.  I know he's possibly injured or plain tired, but also it's just one of those things.  One tournament is not a season.

I've no idea if Andy can ever seriously challenge for one of the bigger clay court titles, but I do believe that he can become better than he's been so far, and I look forward to that happening.  That said, I don't want him to do it at all costs. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #341 on: April 26, 2013, 01:46 AM »

I knew from what Andy said that the original plan was to stay in MC until Friday, when he would fly to London for a short break.  I'm sure there must be lots of things he wants to catch up on as well as having a short break.  I don't entirely buy the idea of a Buck House visit just now since he'll have much more time around Wimbledon, and I'm sure HM must have been made aware of that.  A number of investitures are carried out by Prince Charles and Princess Anne anyway.

Barcelona looks set to be a bit of a disaster.  According to the local forecast today will be cloudy with rain in the evening.  Heavy rain all day Saturday.  Sunday will be partly cloudy - and, in case they don't manage to squeeze all the matches in, rain is forecast for Monday as well.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #342 on: April 26, 2013, 03:38 PM »

It crossed my mind that Andy might be getting his OBE, but the Royals don't do rush jobs, so it's more likely that a date has been set around Queens/Wimbledon time.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #343 on: April 26, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Oh yes we Murray fans have oodles of patience also nerves of steel.We are also born optimists; we have to be, otherwise we'd be having a collective nervous breakdown
  Mr Lendl please note
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Andy's 2013 clay court season « Reply #344 on: April 26, 2013, 05:46 PM »

Think he's been on here?

My thoughts exactly lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »